Professional Web Applications Themes

Nav. Bar Problem - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Hi, Can someone help with this problem, my navigation bar (on each page) views differently in different browsers. I've included the link. [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url] Thanks, Vistastar...

  1. #1

    Default Nav. Bar Problem

    Vistastar webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nav. Bar Problem

    Bad URL?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone help with this problem, my navigation bar (on each page) views
    differently in different browsers. I've included the link.

    > [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url]
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Vistastar

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Your menu is in a positioned layer. Positioned layers don't move. You've got
    the rest in a table. Table set to center and/or % widths move. If you want the
    layers to move, too, use an extension such as Layout Designer 2 or SnapLayers,
    both free from [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can someone help with this problem, my navigation bar (on each page) views
    differently in different browsers. I've included the link.

    > [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url]
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Vistastar

    DiMa Guest

  4. #4

    DiMa:

    And if it's a pop-up menu in a positioned layer, then one has to worry about
    nested layers of course....

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > Your menu is in a positioned layer. Positioned layers don't move. You've
    got
    > the rest in a table. Table set to center and/or % widths move. If you want
    the
    > layers to move, too, use an extension such as Layout Designer 2 or
    SnapLayers,
    > both free from [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Can someone help with this problem, my navigation bar (on each page)
    > differently in different browsers. I've included the link.
    > >
    > > [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url]
    > >

    > > Thanks,
    > > Vistastar

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  5. #5

    Ok, you seem to have some bias against nested templates.

    Nevertheless, because of that bias, I just added even another diagram.

    Chapter IV - Template Parameters now has
    12 pages
    7 diagrams
    1 table.

    It can be found on pages 38 - 50 of the free download.

    The title of the last figure is

    Figure 19 - The FULL of SPITE checkbox a.k.a. the (pass through) checkbox

    The "full of spite" name was chosen because it best describes family feud
    inheritance, and not so much of the past year or so bias against nested
    templates.

    You can download the latest version here.
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/EvalDownloads.aspx[/url]

    You can see this FULL of SPITE diagram on or around Page 50 of the
    Instruction Manual

    dc
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    decloak, Inc.
    Tongues of Fire

    > luckily there's no nestage going on here. But were there,
    abso-friggin-lutely!
    > :)
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Murray *TMM*" <forumsHAHAgreat-web-sights.com> wrote in message
    > > DiMa:
    > >
    > > And if it's a pop-up menu in a positioned layer, then one has to worry
    about
    > > nested layers of course....
    > >
    > > --
    > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > ==================
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    GET
    > > ANSWERS
    > > ==================
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > ==================
    > >
    > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > > Your menu is in a positioned layer. Positioned layers don't move.
    You've
    > > got
    > > > the rest in a table. Table set to center and/or % widths move. If you
    want
    > > the
    > > > layers to move, too, use an extension such as Layout Designer 2 or
    > > SnapLayers,
    > > > both free from [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > --
    > > > DiMa
    > > > --------------------
    > > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > > your
    > > > posts:
    > > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > > >
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > > >

    > > > "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message

    > > > differently in different browsers. I've included the link.

    dc Guest

  6. #6

    Err...I have nothing against nested templates. This thread is about layers.
    Murray and I were talking about the incompatibilities of nested layers w/ NN
    4.x.

    I just didn't end up needing your product for the project I was doing. Still
    intend to check it out when I have some free time.

    DiMa
    --------------------

    "dc" <dc-re-m-o-v-e-me-hotmail.com> wrote in message
> [...]
    > about
    > > > nested layers of course....
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    > > > Team Macromedia Volunteer for Dreamweaver MX
    > > > (If you *MUST* email me, don't LAUGH when you do so!)
    > > > ==================
    > > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url] - THE BEST WAY TO
    > GET
    > > > ANSWERS
    > > > ==================
    > > > [url]http://www.dreamweavermx-templates.com[/url] - Template Triage!
    > > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/go[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > > [url]http://www.DreamweaverFAQ.com[/url] - DW FAQs, Tutorials & Resources
    > > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/search/[/url] - Macromedia (MM) Technotes
    > > > ==================

    DiMa Guest

  7. #7

    Nested layers.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

> [...]
    > > >
    > > > The title of the last figure is
    > > >
    > > > Figure 19 - The FULL of SPITE checkbox a.k.a. the (pass through)
    > checkbox
    > > >
    > > > The "full of spite" name was chosen because it best describes family
    > feud
    > > > inheritance, and not so much of the past year or so bias against
    nested
    > > > templates.
    > > >
    > > > You can download the latest version here.

    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/EvalDownloads.aspx[/url]

    > > > You can see this FULL of SPITE diagram on or around Page 50 of the
    > > > Instruction Manual
    > > >

    > > > dc
    > > > [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    > > > decloak, Inc.
    > > > Tongues of Fire

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  8. #8

    Well, nested layers in this case, but it could also be nested mockingbirds,
    or whatever. The context of this thread was layer based menus, however.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  9. #9

    I think this poster wants an answer. But you know what my answer is going
    to be as I already visited, [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url]

    And its got positioning problems......

    Nevertheless, Vistastar,
    have a look at
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    If you notice in the demos, all of the web pages allow you have a "VARIABLE"
    width. In other words, no matter what monitor resolution your users visit
    your page, it will look correct and if the browser is also not maximized.
    AND with regards to your problem with different browsers, it will still look
    right at "clean" HTML is generated. And I don't have a problem with nested
    layers, as I don't use them....although there are quite a few experts here
    that do quite well....

    [url]www.ProjectSeven.com[/url] supposedly has some sort of tool to handle this problem
    of yours, nevertheless I am not familiar with it..

    dc
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    decloak, Inc.
    Tongues of Fire

    > anyone what?
    >
    > --
    > --
    > DiMa
    > --------------------
    > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    your
    > posts:
    > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    >
    > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    >

    > "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > anyone?

    dc Guest

  10. #10

    anyone what?

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]

    "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > anyone?

    DiMa Guest

  11. #11

    This a layer problem! Not a template problem!

    And this poster already GOT his answer!

    DiMa
    --------------------

    > I think this poster wants an answer. But you know what my answer is going
    > to be as I already visited, [url]www.stillwater-studios.com[/url]
    >
    > And its got positioning problems......
    >
    > Nevertheless, Vistastar,
    > have a look at
    > [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]
    >
    > If you notice in the demos, all of the web pages allow you have a "VARIABLE"
    > width. In other words, no matter what monitor resolution your users visit
    > your page, it will look correct and if the browser is also not maximized.
    > AND with regards to your problem with different browsers, it will still look
    > right at "clean" HTML is generated. And I don't have a problem with nested
    > layers, as I don't use them....although there are quite a few experts here
    > that do quite well....
    >
    > [url]www.ProjectSeven.com[/url] supposedly has some sort of tool to handle this problem
    > of yours, nevertheless I am not familiar with it..
    >

    > dc
    > [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    > decloak, Inc.
    > Tongues of Fire
    >

    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > anyone what?
    > >
    > > --
    > > --
    > > DiMa
    > > --------------------
    > > WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to
    > your
    > > posts:
    > > [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    > > For Answers, check here first:

    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]
    > > [url]http://www.dreamweaverFAQ.com[/url]
    > >
    > > [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/forums/etiquette.htm[/url]
    > > DiMa Design > From Lines...to Designs
    > > [url]http://www.dimadesign.net[/url]
    > >

    > > "Vistastar" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > > > anyone?

    DiMa Guest

  12. #12

    On 7/17/2003 1:10 AM, Al Sparber- PVII wrote:
    > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-). But I gotta tell
    > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems. Even
    > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    What? You're buying Dreamweaver from Macromedia? :-)

    Best regards,
    Linda Rathgeber
    ----------------
    Victoriana | [url]http://www.projectseven.com/dpacks/vic/index.htm[/url]
    Theme Pack 03 - Club | [url]www.projectseven.com[/url] |mm2| themes
    Contributor *PVII Foundations* [url]www.projectseven.com[/url]
    Co-author *Playing with Fire* [url]www.playingwithfire.com[/url]
    Team MM Fireworks Volunteer | [url]www.macromedia.com/go/team[/url]
    -----------------

    Linda Rathgeber Guest

  13. #13

    "Linda Rathgeber" <lightlysc.rr.com> wrote in message

    > On 7/17/2003 1:10 AM, Al Sparber- PVII wrote:
    >
    > > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-). But I gotta
    tell
    > > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems.
    Even
    > > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    >
    > What? You're buying Dreamweaver from Macromedia? :-)
    We wouldn't know what to do with it ;-)

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  14. #14

    Sounds like this thing could using that highly proprietary technology of
    Dreamweaver templates.

    Second, Is this "remarkable" thing going to exclusively use Notepad?

    dc
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    decloak, Inc.
    Tongues of Fire

    "Al Sparber- PVII" <thisaddressactuallyworks.com> wrote in message
    > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > This a layer problem! Not a template problem!
    > >
    > > And this poster already GOT his answer!
    >

    > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-). But I gotta
    tell
    > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems.
    Even
    > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    >
    > <laid back> Al

    dc Guest

  15. #15

    > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-).

    Why's that?? Did I p!ss ya off? :) What'd I do?? </pout>

    But I gotta tell
    > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems. Even
    > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    YAY!! You like dropping hints, eh, Al? Is that because you just to torture us??
    :)

    I heard tell someone else was doing something else with regard to Dreamweaver
    templates but that those someone elses are dragging their somethings and
    nothing's up yet!!

    Or something like that ;)

    DiMa
    --------------------

  16. #16

    You know, this isn't exactly the best way to go about selling a new product.
    Just a suggestion.

    DiMa
    --------------------

    > Sounds like this thing could using that highly proprietary technology of
    > Dreamweaver templates.
    >
    > Second, Is this "remarkable" thing going to exclusively use Notepad?
    >
    > dc
    > [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    > decloak, Inc.
    > Tongues of Fire
    >

    > "Al Sparber- PVII" <thisaddressactuallyworks.com> wrote in message
    > > "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > > This a layer problem! Not a template problem!
    > > >
    > > > And this poster already GOT his answer!
    > >

    > > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-). But I gotta
    > tell
    > > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems.
    > Even
    > > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    > >
    > > <laid back> Al

    DiMa Guest

  17. #17

    DiMa:

    Who? Dragging what?

    SYFKKH! 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

  18. #18

    > Who? Dragging what?

    I think you're being a wee bit oversensitive there, Murray! I didn't name any
    names!! :)
    > SYFKKH! 8)
    Don't you mean SYFTMJKKH???

    :)

    DiMa
    --------------------

  19. #19

    "DiMa" <dianaYOURHATANDCOATdimadesign.net> wrote in message
    > > It's a good thing I'm in my laid back stage this month :-).
    >
    > Why's that?? Did I p!ss ya off? :) What'd I do?? </pout>
    no never! I was talking about that other guy.
    > But I gotta tell
    > > you, I heard a rumor that PVII is going to be doing something quite
    > > remarkable with regard to Dreamweaver templates and navigation systems.
    Even
    > > money it happens this summer, too :-).
    >
    > YAY!! You like dropping hints, eh, Al? Is that because you just to torture
    us??
    > :)
    >
    > I heard tell someone else was doing something else with regard to
    Dreamweaver
    > templates but that those someone elses are dragging their somethings and
    > nothing's up yet!!
    I love the "other guys" and what we are doing is very different :)

    Al Sparber- PVII Guest

  20. #20

    > no never! I was talking about that other guy.

    Yeah. He's becoming rather annoying, eh?? Reminds me of the time I took my
    daughter (who suffers from OCD, CP & is Bipolar) to a county "psychiatrist" and
    she told me that all my daughter's problems would be solved if I just gave her
    popcorn every day. No foolin' :) Mind you...this is a kid who has a feeding
    tube in her stomach! Did you know that popcorn was the answer to all the
    world's problems??

    No?? Did you know that Nested Templates can now solve all web dev problems?????
    ;)
    > I love the "other guys" and what we are doing is very different :)
    Yeah, I love 'em too (or I wouldn't have agree to be their servant!), but
    sheesh....how long is this going to take?? (No naming any names...again...Ok
    Murray?? ;)

    Can't wait to see what you've got up your sleeve! I'd love to have a peak in
    there!
    Ermm...of course, not in this weather, but you get the idea!

    DiMa
    --------------------
    WEB FORUM USERS: Please log on to the Newsgroup for quicker replies to your
    posts:
    [url]news://forums.macromedia.com/macromedia.dreamweaver[/url]
    For Answers, check here first:
    [url]http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=+group:macromedia.dreamwea ver[/url]
    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/dreamweaver/technotes.html[/url]
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/faqbase[/url]