Professional Web Applications Themes

Navbar link to stay highlighted in popup menu - Macromedia Fireworks

I created popup menus using Fireworks. Everything is working fine. Now I would like the heading to be highlighted after a submenu item is selected and a new page opens up. Is there an easy way to do this in Fireworks? See referring URL for an example of what I mean. That is, when 'Manufacturing' is selected under "Industries", a page opens up and "Industries" stays highlighted in blue. Thanks! Referring URLs [url]http://www.sgi.com/industries/sciences/[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Navbar link to stay highlighted in popup menu

    Bloopie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Navbar link to stay highlighted in popup menu

    bloopie--

    This TechNote will show how to do that:

    [url]http://www.macromedia.com/support/fireworks/ts/doents/dont_restore.htm[/url]

    --
    Kim Cavanaugh, author
    Beginner's Guides to Dreamweaver and Fireworks
    "Bloopie" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I created popup menus using Fireworks. Everything is working fine. Now I
    would like the heading to be highlighted after a submenu item is selected
    and a new page opens up. Is there an easy way to do this in Fireworks? See
    referring URL for an example of what I mean.

    > That is, when 'Manufacturing' is selected under "Industries", a page opens
    up and "Industries" stays highlighted in blue.

    > Thanks!
    >

    > Referring URLs
    > [url]http://www.sgi.com/industries/sciences/[/url]

    Kim Cavanaugh Guest

  3. #3

    Using the tech doent listed above, I was able to make this work. Thanks for the suggestion (and the original question). One question, though.

    The tech doent suggests that the "function MM_swapImgRestore()" line be removed the .shtml file and placed in placed in the mm_menu.js file. "MM_swapImgRestore();" is then to be removed from the onMouseOut code. Fair enough, but what if not all of the buttons in the nav bar actually have pop menus? In my case, four buttons had pop-ups, one just had a rollover. The "MM_swapImgRestore();" line was the only function assigned to the onMouseOut code, so removing it would leave no MouseOut function at all for that button. I tried many different configurations with these elements, but no luck. Is there a way to make simple rollovers and pop-up menus behave together and still have the buttons stay on when moving the cursor to a pop-up menu?

    Thanks,
    Kirk Hiner

    Klytus webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    Kirk--

    In that case I would probably export multiple files and work at it that way.
    In other words, have one file with the buttons that have the pop-up menus
    and export it separately from the files that have simple rollovers. That way
    you can build the menu in Dreamweaver and still retain the button states the
    way you want.

    --
    "Klytus" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Using the tech doent listed above, I was able to make this work. Thanks
    for the suggestion (and the original question). One question, though.

    > The tech doent suggests that the "function MM_swapImgRestore()" line be
    removed the .shtml file and placed in placed in the mm_menu.js file.
    "MM_swapImgRestore();" is then to be removed from the onMouseOut code. Fair
    enough, but what if not all of the buttons in the nav bar actually have pop
    menus? In my case, four buttons had pop-ups, one just had a rollover. The
    "MM_swapImgRestore();" line was the only function assigned to the onMouseOut
    code, so removing it would leave no MouseOut function at all for that
    button. I tried many different configurations with these elements, but no
    luck. Is there a way to make simple rollovers and pop-up menus behave
    together and still have the buttons stay on when moving the cursor to a
    pop-up menu?

    > Thanks,
    > Kirk Hiner

    Kim Cavanaugh Guest