Professional Web Applications Themes

Navigation - Macromedia Director Basics

director clips only work as simple animations, they have no interactive functionality. You can stretch the button set over the entire rage of the score to get persistant appearane....

  1. #1

    Default Re: Navigation

    director clips only work as simple animations, they have no interactive
    functionality.

    You can stretch the button set over the entire rage of the score to get
    persistant appearane.
    JB Guest

  2. #2

    In article <bf8hps$9pg$1forums.macromedia.com>, "dunnster"
    [email]webforumsusermacromedia.com[/email] wrote:
    > I am working on a project in Director MX after using Flash for the last
    5 years. In flash you can create a MC of a navigation bar with X number of
    buttons and actions and place it in every scene/master MC. That enables
    you to edit one MC rather than X number of MC's in all scenes.

    > Is there a way of doing this in Director?

    Have you tried a linked Director movie cast member? Make the movie the
    size of the navigation bar and import it into the other movies as a linked
    cast member. Simple navigation scripts on its sprites should be retained.
    If you are doing buttons that advance to markers or frames you may have to
    change this:

    go next

    to this:

    tell the stage
    go next
    end tell

    so they reference the stage instead of the LDN itself (linked director movie)

    Gretchen Macdowall
    [url]http://www.updatestage.com/[/url]
    Gretchen Macdowall Guest

  3. #3

    Default Navigation

    I have a stage split into two sections.
    1. screen for feedback.
    2. smaller version of feedback screen used a touch pad.

    Q. How do I translate the cusor location inside the touch pad to the screen and therefore show a cursor sprite moving around the feedback screen?

    cheers

    s1howes webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  4. #4

    I want to add new pages to my website but how do I get
    these pages to only link to a certain page and not show
    on all the link bars but just the pages I want them too.
    Terry T. Guest

  5. #5

    How do I create a menu bar and when someone go over the button the button
    animates and the content shows up with a box and it opens up with the words?
    Also when I create the menu bar I want when someone go over the button of the
    menu bar I want some description in text show up in a different place of the
    stage? Finally, I want to create a intro and I want to create a skip intro and
    welcome button how do I link that to the home Page of the flash website

    Thank

    kashou88 Guest

  6. #6

    Wow! That's a lot of different topics in one post. To answer your button
    questions, a good place to start would be to open Flash and go to HELP >
    LESSONS and then take the "Creating Buttons" lesson.

    As for the SKIP INTRO button: In your Flash intro movie create a button and
    add the following code to it:

    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.myhomepage.com");
    }

    But of course, change the URL to the correct page for your site.

    [rob|e.9]

    "kashou88" <kash2003cox.net> wrote in message
    > How do I create a menu bar and when someone go over the button the button
    > animates and the content shows up with a box and it opens up with the
    words?
    > Also when I create the menu bar I want when someone go over the button of
    the
    > menu bar I want some description in text show up in a different place of
    the
    > stage? Finally, I want to create a intro and I want to create a skip intro
    and
    > welcome button how do I link that to the home Page of the flash website
    >
    > Thank

    RobbieSoule Guest

  7. #7

    Greetings,
    I am interested in creating the type of naviation used for the macromedia home
    page (header nav)
    I assume the rollover starts a movie clip, but then what?
    I am looking for tech notes or a tutorial that might explain the "basic
    mechanics" of how this works.
    thanks again for any help.

    jeffhtx01 Guest

  8. #8

    Create 2 new layers in fla

    layer1 - this will contain your "main nav"
    frame 1 has your nav buttons. Each will have action script "on" them. This
    is accomplished by clicking on the botton, then opening your actions pane(F9).
    the action you need is on(rollover)-> gotoAndPlay(#)
    This is obvioyusly not exact code. You need to go to the frame # where your
    sub-nav buttons for the associated main-nav button are visible. That is what
    layer 2 is for

    layer2 - this layer contains your sub-nav buttons. Create a keyframe on a
    frame (say 10) and create the sub nav buttosn for a section. Place them where
    you want and put actions on as needed. Repeat this for each section of your
    main nav. remember you need a new keyframe for each sub-nav section, both to
    insert the right buttons and to make any previous buttons disapear. GOOD LUCK

    ufitzi Guest

  9. #9

    I followed the instructions and this seems to work ok... however, once I direct the mouse to the "sub -nav" I lose the "highlighted" state of my primary navigation.
    any thoughts?
    jeffhtx01 Guest

  10. #10

    How can I insert something at the bottom of each page so that you can click
    to go"back" to the last page viewed and one to go to "top of the current
    page"

    Is there any way I can do this once for all pages?

    Thanks.

    tech27 Guest

  11. #11

    > How can I insert something at the bottom of each page so that you can
    click
    > to go"back" to the last page viewed and one to go to "top of the current
    > page"

    if you look at the bottom of page
    [url]http://www.davidbartosik.com/pub2002/pub2002_7.htm[/url] you'll see a back to top
    link which you would do by following the directions on that very page.
    also on the bottom is a back link, but it is a link to the page that it was
    linked from. since that page is the only one that has a link for the article
    I know where to send them back to. you do that by just linking to the
    desired page. if you don't know where they are coming from there is nothing
    you can do, that's what the browser's back button is for.

    > Is there any way I can do this once for all pages?

    copy/paste.

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MVP
    for Publisher help:

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  12. #12

    Try [url]www.flwmsonline.com[/url]

    "tech27" <tech27mail.anonymizer.com> wrote in message
    > How can I insert something at the bottom of each page so that you can
    click
    > to go"back" to the last page viewed and one to go to "top of the current
    > page"
    >
    > Is there any way I can do this once for all pages?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Kaylania Simspon Guest

  13. #13

    "David Bartosik - MS MVP" <forumsdavidbartosik.com> wrote in message
    > > How can I insert something at the bottom of each page so that you can
    > click
    > > to go"back" to the last page viewed and one to go to "top of the current
    > > page"
    Thanks for the information. The last thing I'm trying to do is add links to
    one page which will take you to another page(s). I don't want these new
    pages to show up in the navigation bar, and to only be accessible by
    clicking from the one page I designate.

    I think I got it by inserting a "link" button, but when I try it in preview
    it points to the file on my hd. How do I make it point to the page I want?
    What is the syntax and how do I attach it to an object like the link button,
    or maybe just an image?

    Thanks

    tech27 Guest

  14. #14

    to not include it on the nav bar just uncheck the box that asks if you want
    to add it to the nav bar.
    see the article on my site about using the nav bar.

    you can hyperlink a graphic (like a button) or text, doesn't matter.

    in preview the files are on your pc so the urls will appear as such.
    unless you are referring to non-pub page files.
    in which case such 'external' files need to be uploaded by you.

    --

    > "David Bartosik - MS MVP" <forumsdavidbartosik.com> wrote in message
    > > > How can I insert something at the bottom of each page so that you can
    > > click
    > > > to go"back" to the last page viewed and one to go to "top of the
    current
    > > > page"
    >
    > Thanks for the information. The last thing I'm trying to do is add links
    > one page which will take you to another page(s). I don't want these new
    > pages to show up in the navigation bar, and to only be accessible by
    > clicking from the one page I designate.
    >
    > I think I got it by inserting a "link" button, but when I try it in
    preview
    > it points to the file on my hd. How do I make it point to the page I want?
    > What is the syntax and how do I attach it to an object like the link
    button,
    > or maybe just an image?
    >
    > Thanks

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  15. #15

    i have a problem with navigation.i tried the tutorials for navigation with
    buttons but the lingo code for pausing at a frame keeps the movie in that frame
    the entire time and never exits the frame when i push a button to goto another
    frame
    please help beginner

    mfabs Guest

  16. #16

    Would love to help, but need more information.

    What code are you using? What do you want to accomplish?

    If you want to hold on a frame, there should be a simple frame script:

    on exitFrame me
    go the frame
    end

    If you want to move off of that frame via a button, there needs to be a
    behavior script attached to the button:

    on mouseUp me
    go to (whatever location you are giving) -- this could be a marker, a
    movie, a frame, the frame +1, etc.

    Need more information to help with this one.
    end

    grettamitch Guest

  17. #17

    i am using lingo and the code you provided is exactly the code im using: on
    frame exit reload frame. and the behaviour in the buttons is exaclty the same,
    goto some frame. but if i use this code it won't leave the frame once you push
    the button and if i use wait-for-click behaviour then it wont go to the right
    frame it just goes to frame+1. I am really confused.

    mfabs Guest

  18. #18

    If you can, please copy and paste your actual code here. The way you phrased it in your note has spaces in the wrong places and uses just enough of the wrong wording to mess you up.

    Thanks,
    Gretta
    grettamitch Guest

  19. #19

    You're using flash component buttons... they do NOT work with those commands.

    To get them to work you can use the ClickOn command from the exit frame
    script or ...

    use the On Click from the button script

    zeltacom Guest

  20. #20

    This is the code i use to hold the frame:

    on exitFrame me
    go the frame
    end

    that works fine but when i use this script for the behaviuor of the button

    on mouseUp me
    go to (41)
    end

    it does not want to jump to the frame at all and just stays in the current
    frame its like it does not pick up the click on the button this should be so
    simple but it does not work?

    mfabs Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast