Professional Web Applications Themes

Navigation Bar Not Functioning in Netscape - Web Design

Using Publisher 2003. The navigation bar is functioning fine in Explorer. It appears on the page in Netscape but arrow does not change to hand and you are not able to go to the page in the website. Some hyperlinks in the text work ... but the Navigation Bar does not. Anyone have any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default Navigation Bar Not Functioning in Netscape

    Using Publisher 2003. The navigation bar is functioning fine in Explorer. It appears on the page in Netscape but arrow does not change to hand and you are not able to go to the page in the website. Some hyperlinks in the text work ... but the Navigation Bar does not. Anyone have any suggestions?
    Sharkey Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Navigation Bar Not Functioning in Netscape

    Under web options you can try unchecking the options to use vml and png if
    they are not already turned off. However Pub 2003 by design creates web
    pages supported only in IE 5 and above.

    --
    David Bartosik - MS MVP
    for Publisher help:

    "Sharkey" <anonymousdiscussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Using Publisher 2003. The navigation bar is functioning fine in Explorer.
    It appears on the page in Netscape but arrow does not change to hand and you
    are not able to go to the page in the website. Some hyperlinks in the text
    work ... but the Navigation Bar does not. Anyone have any suggestions?

    David Bartosik - MS MVP Guest

  3. #3

    David: Thank you for responding so quickly. The vml and png options are off. I also noticed that in Netscape it will not link to the email response that was set up for members or future members to respond. I had a look and compared the code of Explorer and Netscape for the navigation bar and there is one difference in the code showing for Netscape. However, not up on that business and do not want to monkey around with it. Again thanks.
    Sharkey Guest

  4. #4

    Sharkey wrote:
    > David: Thank you for responding so quickly. The vml and png options are off. I also noticed that in Netscape it will not link to the email response that was set up for members or future members to respond. I had a look and compared the code of Explorer and Netscape for the navigation bar and there is one difference in the code showing for Netscape. However, not up on that business and do not want to monkey around with it. Again thanks.
    I have the same problem with the nav bars. With IE (and VML enabled) it
    works, but not in Mozilla. When I looked at the code I found and if
    statement that I interpreted: if VML is not possible, a picture is
    inserted in the place of the nav bar. The picture makes things look
    exactly as with VML but has no functionality.

    This is a bit stupid. It would be better to have an alternate non-VML
    code that works instead of one that looks good but doesnt work. And it
    shouldn't be too hard to do either. But that is M$ for you...

    I havent tried with VML off in publisher yet.
    /Staffan
    Staffan Nilsson Guest