Professional Web Applications Themes

Navigation Bar problem with previous netscape - Macromedia Dynamic HTML

Hi everybody, I create on my html page, a navigation bar with DMMX. (up, over, down, over while down) It seems that it's not working properly with previous versions of browsers like netscape 4.0. Is any solution to fix that problem or a way to know the compatiblity between differents platforms when we used some of the MX elements? Thank you. Rosario...

  1. #1

    Default Navigation Bar problem with previous netscape

    Hi everybody,
    I create on my html page, a navigation bar with DMMX. (up, over, down, over
    while down)
    It seems that it's not working properly with previous versions of browsers
    like netscape 4.0.
    Is any solution to fix that problem or a way to know the compatiblity between
    differents platforms when we used some of the MX elements?

    Thank you.

    Rosario

    Xaninho Guest

  2. #2

    Show me the page. It's hard to imagine what you might have done.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    "Xaninho" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everybody,
    > I create on my html page, a navigation bar with DMMX. (up, over, down,
    over
    > while down)
    > It seems that it's not working properly with previous versions of
    browsers
    > like netscape 4.0.
    > Is any solution to fix that problem or a way to know the compatiblity
    between
    > differents platforms when we used some of the MX elements?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi! Murray,
    Here is the link to the web page where is my menu.
    The menu (navigation bar) is on the top of my frameset.
    [url]http://www.espace-sculpture.com/en/en.html[/url]

    thanks for your help.

    Rosario

    Xaninho Guest

  4. #4

    Ho! i forgot to tell, that it's only on a Mac with netscape 4 that there's some problems i think.

    thanks again.

    Rosario
    Xaninho Guest

  5. #5

    Then why worry about it?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Ho! i forgot to tell, that it's only on a Mac with netscape 4 that there's
    some problems i think.

    > thanks again.
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  6. #6

    Not Found
    The requested URL /en/en.html was not found on this server.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Hi! Murray,
    > Here is the link to the web page where is my menu.
    > The menu (navigation bar) is on the top of my frameset.
    > [url]http://www.espace-sculpture.com/en/en.html[/url]
    >
    > thanks for your help.
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  7. #7

    Hi murray
    Sorry, i made a mistake, it's [url]http://www.espace-sculpture.com/espace/en/en.html[/url]

    Yeah! Maybe should i not consider the fact that it's not working properly on
    old browsers like netscape on a Mac. But, i'm curious to know why?It seems to
    me that this javascript on the navigation bar of DMMX, it's suppose to work
    everywhere???
    By the way, my client use's netscape 4 on a Mac, so maybe i can convince him
    to change is habits and take a recent one. It could be more easier for me and
    for him ;-)

    Thanks

    Rosario

    Xaninho Guest

  8. #8

    What is the problem you have with this?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Hi murray
    > Sorry, i made a mistake, it's
    [url]http://www.espace-sculpture.com/espace/en/en.html[/url]

    > Yeah! Maybe should i not consider the fact that it's not working properly
    on
    > old browsers like netscape on a Mac. But, i'm curious to know why?It seems
    > me that this javascript on the navigation bar of DMMX, it's suppose to
    work
    > everywhere???
    > By the way, my client use's netscape 4 on a Mac, so maybe i can convince
    him
    > to change is habits and take a recent one. It could be more easier for me
    and
    > for him ;-)
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  9. #9

    Hi murray,

    Well...most of the buttons stay all fixed down when clicked or act strangely,
    some buttons disappear. It supposed to be one at a time (one stay on down mode
    when clicked , and the others became in up ?). The problem looks like if the
    menu doesn't refresh correctly or something like that.

    Rosario

    Xaninho Guest

  10. #10

    Yes - I see what you are describing with NN4.72/OS9. It's particularly the
    Profiles button that sticks, but there are other layout anomalies.

    Here's what I would do. I would explain to your client that this is
    entirely fixable. However, to do that, you would have to devote quite a bit
    more time to the effort, and (I assume) that time would be billable. Then I
    would explain to them what a TINY fraction of the potential visitors to this
    site are likely to be using NN4x on a Mac (and it is REALLY tiny), and ask
    him/her if it is in their best interest to devote more time to this segment
    of the site's potential demographic, just because that happens to be the
    browser that they have chosen to use.

    If they elect to have you proceed, then I would do the following -

    1. Get rid of the frames.
    2. Get rid of the navbar.
    3. Implement the navigation with simple rollovers.

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575
    ==================

    > Hi murray,
    >
    > Well...most of the buttons stay all fixed down when clicked or act
    strangely,
    > some buttons disappear. It supposed to be one at a time (one stay on down
    mode
    > when clicked , and the others became in up ?). The problem looks like if
    the
    > menu doesn't refresh correctly or something like that.
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest

  11. #11

    Yeah! i agree with you!
    I'll consider theses aspects.
    So thanks for your advice and your time.

    Best regards,

    Rosario
    Xaninho Guest

  12. #12

    Good luck - sorry my recommendation was so harsh! 8)

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > Yeah! i agree with you!
    > I'll consider theses aspects.
    > So thanks for your advice and your time.
    >
    > Best regards,
    >
    > Rosario

    Murray *TMM* Guest