Professional Web Applications Themes

Navigation Palette - Adobe Photoshop Elements

why does it sometimes not have a preview? nor the hand icon for moving around the zoomed image?...

  1. #1

    Default Navigation Palette

    why does it sometimes not have a preview? nor the hand icon for moving around the zoomed image?
    buz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Navigation Palette

    Buz, seems strange to me. When I open a new image, it becomes the active
    image and replaces the contents of the Navigator.

    Only one thing strikes me: what do you mean by 'open a new image from the
    clipboard'? Is that a Mac thing?

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  3. #3

    You know what, buz? I didn't understand this question yesterday (so I didn't respond) and I don't understand it today, either! Have you tried resetting the Preferences yet? What's a Navigation Palette? Duh. I guess I'm having "one of those days." :)

    And my computer is being bizarre today, too. When I got ready to fix something that was broke, it weren't broke no more! I think I'll go back to playing with contact paper. Good luck!
    Beth Haney Guest

  4. #4

    Chuck - yes I suppose it is a Mac thing - option clicking an image will give you an option of saving the image to the system 'clipboard' (same as the copy/paste routine), then in PSE File>New From Clipboard opens a new image.

    Beth - the palette I am referring to is from the tool bar - there are the palettes for layers, layer styles, how to, recipes, effects, swatches, NAVIGATOR ..... <g>. I suppose it's just a zooming palette actually, very handy for zooming and panning an image.

    What is 'resetting prefs'?

    For some reason the current (top) file/image doesn't always (immediately) appear in this Nav palette.
    buz Guest

  5. #5

    Hi Buz,

    Just tried it myself, and yup the original image stayed in the Navigator palette, until I selected the original image (made it active) then re-selected the new image. Then the new image showed properly in the Nav palette.

    It looks like the new image doesn't get sent to the Navigator when you create a "New from Clipboard". May be something to keep in mind as other areas may be affected as well.

    Thou hast found a "bug"!

    Chuck,
    My Mac version of PE2 has a "New from Clipboard" option in the "File" menu. Nice to have when you want to extract an image, or part thereof, from another program. You have to be careful though, sometimes the resolution isn't particularly high.

    Kyle
    Kyle White Guest

  6. #6

    Buz and Kyle, thanks for the enlightenment on the Mac options Open from and
    New from Clipboard. Alas, they don't exist in the Windows world...

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  7. #7

    Chuck,

    I'm using PE2 on a PC, and I DO have "New From Clipboard", but it is only available when there is something ON the clipboard... otherwise, it is grayed-out.

    No sight of "Open from", though.

    Byron
    Byron Gale Guest

  8. #8

    Byron, thanks! Of course you're right....I just never noticed it before.
    So I guess if I put a picture on the clipboard I can open it with Elements -
    will have to give that a try. Thanks very much for pointing it out.

    Chuck

    Chuck Snyder Guest

  9. #9

    <G> Wish I knew how to 'fix' my problem <G>
    buz Guest

  10. #10

    Chuck,
    Another way to get web image into Elements is to open up image in Internet Explorer (in my case) and have Elements open, in tile view, then drag web file into the Elements.
    Ken
    Kenneth Liffmann Guest