Professional Web Applications Themes

need a slideshow in my flash site - Macromedia Flash Data Integration

i have a main site i'm building in one area i have 12 buttons for each item. I want to set it up so that when you click each button one image ,a title and some text, and possably a link to veiw each subject loads from an external source. When i click on the next navigation button i want it to change to the next set and so forth. instead of putting everything straight into my flash i'd like it to load it from an external source such as a text file xml, etc. Whats the best/easist way to ...

  1. #1

    Default need a slideshow in my flash site

    i have a main site i'm building in one area i have 12 buttons for each item. I
    want to set it up so that when you click each button one image ,a title and
    some text, and possably a link to veiw each subject loads from an external
    source. When i click on the next navigation button i want it to change to the
    next set and so forth. instead of putting everything straight into my flash i'd
    like it to load it from an external source such as a text file xml, etc. Whats
    the best/easist way to do this by using xml or something else? Any advice or
    pointing to a good tutorial would be helpful, thanks.

    rtreitner Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: need a slideshow in my flash site

    This might or might not be helpful, but I just purchased a very elegant plug in
    for Flash.

    [url]http://www.slideshowpro.net/[/url]

    I'm using this component to create all my slideshows now. They are working on
    adding a way to make it more customizable in the next version (i.e.: open
    albums through buttons on the main stage instead of thru the slide show), but
    I've rarely used a piece of software that worked the first time I used it and
    so well.

    Jamie

    jamie Pritchett Guest

  3. #3

    Well Jamie this is sort of the same problem I am having. I've seen that plugin
    on some sites including the ever popular myspace. I was looking for basically
    the same thing. Now if this makes anysense, on the demo you notice the
    thumbnails on the bottom and it has the big "ALWAYS THERE" pic of what pic you
    clicked. Now I am intersted in the same only cutting out the BIG AZZ PIC. I
    want to be able to click on a thumbnail pic and have it pop up and dissappear
    just the same. If anyone is a myspace buff and people are on there to show off
    their skills and talents. I ran across the WWE WrestleMania 23 profile and it
    has just that. I was wondering how they, or how I would do that with flash..
    Any ideas????

    Sean

    CHS-StarKiller Guest