Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Bryce 5 for Mac - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Yes, the imac is much quieter than the emac, although the fan is audible, unlike some of the earlier imacs that were totally silent because they had no fan. But it's still a pretty quiet computer, even compared to other macs. There is no getting away from the fact that the emac is BIG. The 17" CRT makes it a lot bigger than the old all-in-one imacs were. Portable it is definitely not. One reason I got the imac is that I live on a barrier island and it's great for evacuating--I just cover the screen, pick it up (23 ...

  1. #21

    Default Re: Need Bryce 5 for Mac

    Yes, the imac is much quieter than the emac, although the fan is audible, unlike some of the earlier imacs that were totally silent because they had no fan. But it's still a pretty quiet computer, even compared to other macs.

    There is no getting away from the fact that the emac is BIG. The 17" CRT makes it a lot bigger than the old all-in-one imacs were. Portable it is definitely not. One reason I got the imac is that I live on a barrier island and it's great for evacuating--I just cover the screen, pick it up (23 lbs) and go.
    Barbara Brundage Guest

  2. #22

    Hi Barbara,
    We also have hurricane problems here once in a while. The water has never made it to my brother's house, as he is on a hill overlooking the sea(our grandfather bought it in 1906). We have never had the ocean get to our house either(about 4 miles away), but it has come close. We do have a plan if we see it coming too close, dog, cat, computer, cameras, and everything we could grab, and head for his house.

    Anyway, I am going to keep looking at the new models as they arrive in our local store. The ideal one would be a light iMac with plenty of horsepower! And a quiet fan.
    It's raining today, so I might even take a quick drive to the Mac store.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  3. #23

    Thanks, Barbara, I almost stopped at the Mac store this afternoon, but this time of year is traffic-hell, so went on about our business and came home.
    (I have some old and extra keyboards that my grandsons love to pound on, so I will get a new one for sure.)
    I sure will be asking you for Mac info, this is going to be fun. My brother's wife's brother works on and off for Apple as a video consultant, and will be here on vacation in August, so I sure will fire some questions at him. He knows what is 'ahead'.
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  4. #24

    I never have networked my Macs together but with all my peripherals, I assume I could use file sharing through the router?
    But the new Mac would have its own CD burner inside it, and printers are under $100, so they might not be needed. If I got the BigMac, I would need another monitor, but with the e or i, that would be included.
    The ext. hard drive is firewire, so all I do with that is plug it in.
    It is a win-win situation, no matter what Mac I get!
    I am curious what 'core' memory is too. I just buy generic memory for what ever machine and put it in, and it works. Perhaps I should be more careful?
    till tomorrow, Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

  5. #25

    Well... they might have something similar, but that term isn't anything I've ever heard. (But I can say that about a lot of stuff!) Could you describe what its purpose is? Macs have level 1, level 2, and some have level 3 cache. Frankly, I don't understand how it works, but I know the level 2 cache increased in speed when I installed a newer, faster, processor in my computer. Mine doesn't have level 3 cache - too old. Does that fit in with anything you're trying to relate to 'core' memory?

    Maybe Joe will stop by and answer this one, and we'll both learn something! He should definitely know.
    Beth Haney Guest

  6. #26

    Jane,

    There's a promotion going on at the Apple.com site. Buy a Mac and get 99$
    back on HP Printers :)

    In Canada, the offer is different, it's a Canon i450 printer for free!

    Ray

    Ray Guest

  7. #27

    Chuck, you addressed that last post to Jane. Did you mean me? And are you admitting that you were messin' with my mind??!! What little I have left?! I'm giving up on computers for today and heading for bed. I really miss my reruns of Law and Order on Friday nights. I need something to focus on besides Macs and Wins and the internet and all kinds of other stuff that's making my white hair fall out. See you guys tomorrow. :)
    Beth Haney Guest

  8. #28

    Good morning Beth and everybody, Its raining cats and dogs here, so I get a computer day. So much for us painting the trim on our house today.
    A good day to practise my PSE!
    Jane
    Jane Carter Guest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12