Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Dongle for Global Village PCMCIA Combo Card, RAM, AC Adapter for 1400CS Powerbook - Mac Portable

I was somebody out there might have a dongle (cable adapter) for a Global Village PCMCIA card. The plastic connector that fits into the card just cracked, and I know my card is still good (I have two cards and was able to test my good dongle with both cards). I e-mailed global village for a replacement dongle and they referred me to http://www.thesupplynet.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=416 who is selling the item for $25. I'm environmentally friendly to the core, but this is highway robbery based off purposefully skewed economies of scale. You can buy a new card + cable online for $5-15, ...

  1. #1

    Default Need Dongle for Global Village PCMCIA Combo Card, RAM, AC Adapter for 1400CS Powerbook

    online for $5-15, (Hell you can get a wireless card retail at outpost.com
    for $40 http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3536444.) I was hoping through
    sending out a couple cries for help, I might be able to turn up the dongle I
    need.

    Please let me know if you have the part I need or know where I can get one
    for really cheap.

    This is for use with one of two PowerBook 1400cs systems. I'd like to put
    them together real nicely for sale on eBay and or craigslist, but right now
    both systems have a minimal 16 MB Ram which limits them to OS 8.5.1. They
    can't display web content nearly as fast as the network card is capable of
    delivering it. If anybody has any RAM chips for the 1400 series lying
    around going to waste, I'd like to pump these things up with more RAM and
    the 2nd system needs an AC adapter as well (which I hear is compatible with
    a broad range). This isn't about making money. Believe me when I say it's
    100% about putting this perfectly good hardware back into productive use.
    (I rescued the systems from the dumpster that I my university decided they
    were fit for)

    I can certainly pay something if you have any of the items lying around that
    I need (dongle, memory, ac adapter) Preferably, though, not too much more
    than the value it would add to the sale of the laptop.

    -Ethan

    hupjack Guest

  2. #2

    In article <com>,
    "hupjack" <com> wrote:

    Interesting relic of the past. I think they actually called it a
    "Clyde". Used to have one, but I think it's long gone.
    AES/newspost Guest

  3. #3

    Welcome to capitalism USA! Someone has what you need and the item is scarce?
    That means they get to set their price. Supply and demand at work! You get
    to decide how bad you need it. Granted, it doesn't seem very tasteful. But
    that's our system.

    On 9/15/03 2:16 PM, in article com, "hupjack"

    Matt Guest

  4. #4

    In article <com>,
    "hupjack" <com> wrote:

    If you still need this, send a manila SASE (maybe the paperback-book
    sized one) to Siegman, 550 Junipero Serra, Stanford CA 94305-8442 and
    I'll send you back an extra one I have.
    AES/newspost Guest