Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Help - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Katrina5803 wrote: > when I try to read the news on aol, I get a message that says "The script in > the movie is causing macromedia flash player 8 to run slowly. If it continues > to run the computer will become unresponsive. Do you wish to abort?" I click > yes, it pops up 2 more times, I click yes and then it disappears. It happens > everytime I try to read the news. I uninstalled the player and reinstalled it. > We uninstalled the browser and reinstalled that too. We did a system restore to > an ...

  1. #81

    Default Re: need help

    Katrina5803 wrote:
    > when I try to read the news on aol, I get a message that says "The script in
    > the movie is causing macromedia flash player 8 to run slowly. If it continues
    > to run the computer will become unresponsive. Do you wish to abort?" I click
    > yes, it pops up 2 more times, I click yes and then it disappears. It happens
    > everytime I try to read the news. I uninstalled the player and reinstalled it.
    > We uninstalled the browser and reinstalled that too. We did a system restore to
    > an earlier dater. That didn't help.
    Unfortunately that's NOT something you can fix from the end user point
    of view. AOL has to fix it in their code. Contact them and clearly
    describe what happens and when.

    Bentley Wolfe
    Senior Support Engineer, Flash/Flash Player
    *Macromedia, now a division of Adobe Systems
    Bentley Wolfe [Adobe] Guest

  2. #82

    Default NEED HELP

    when i was installing a program, there is a mesage poping out saying:
    c:\WINDOWS\System32\macromed\flash\flash8.ocx
    access is denied

    after installing, i opened the program, and seeing that half of the button
    doesn't work;replacing them is <button type = "button" class='btn' value=?- 3/4>

    can this problem be solved?

    thank you

    hubalicious Guest

  3. #83

    Trying to install Flash player on my 64 bit PC I got this message "Your architecture, \'x86_64\', is not supported by the Macromedia Flash Player installer"
    What to do?
    Rivo05 Guest

  4. #84

    hi i need help on my website
    people say to me you need your codes sorting out on your website
    [url]www.milanchande.com[/url]
    so could you please check it out and tell me what i need to do
    many thanks

    mils001 Guest

  5. #85

    Lots of comments are not required.

    jasan3114 Guest

  6. #86

    hello...can someone help me??? I keep getting a gray box that says ADOBE FLASH
    PLAYER SECURITY...IT STATES ADOBE IS TRYING TO CONNECT WITH INTERNET..IT GIVES
    ME THE AREA IN WHICH THIS PROBLEM OR ERROR IS AT CND???????? I HAVE NO IDEA..IT
    GIVES ME 2 CHOICES......YES OR SETTINGS.......I HAVE DONE BOTH.........BUT IT
    JUST KEEPS POPPING UP OVER AND OVER AGAIN..........SETTING OPTIONS DOES
    NOTHING?????....I HAVE DOWNLOADED FLASH AGAIN BUT NOTHING HAS CHANGED.....AS
    PER SETTINGS........I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING WITH THIS
    CHOICE.....BECAUSE IT STATES I MUST RE DO APPLICATION AGAIN???? i AM SO
    CONFUSED HERE...NOT A VERY GOOD COMPUTER PERSON....ANY HELP APPRECIATED! MELINDA

    rose1pink Guest

  7. #87

    every time i attempt to view a video on flash player, it takes forever for it to load. unlike wmp, it will take 20 mins to load a music video......anyone know why??
    bobmoller Guest

  8. #88

    Hi every body
    i have a problem regarding the integration between flash and ASP file
    i have an ASP file that gets a record set from the database
    i don't know how to send this record set to flash and place it in a data grid
    thanks in advance
    rany

    Ranyyy Guest

  9. #89

    This is a wide open field of decisions you have to make.

    First choice you have is sending via URL variable encoding or XML. That will
    define your tasks needed in ASP. As well would you want to simply (most
    beginners would) just have the ASP send the URL variables or XML with
    Response.write or are you planning a web service type of app.

    For Flash you will find the examples in the docs are all you need to get the
    data from the ASP and send back if necessary. Still the choices depend on the
    server (ASP) choices.

    For URL Encoding from ASP:
    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002329.html[/url]
    For URL Encoding to and from ASP:
    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002336.html[/url]
    For XML from ASP: [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002872.html[/url]
    For XML to and from ASP:
    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002879.html[/url]
    For overall details on data integration

    In general for the DataGrid component you would populate it using
    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00003263.html[/url].

    You can also bind the DataGrid to data providers such as an array so it
    updates when the data source changes.

    You also can use the

    [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00000760.html[/url] component approach.
    You should review [url]http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00000756.html[/url] in
    the Flash Docs for this approach.

    MotionMaker Guest

  10. #90

    On the server side you need to reply with the data. Depends on what type of
    server script you are using. For example in PHP you would use echo or ASP
    Response.write. For Flash is does not matter as it receives the data in the
    standard data format pd into the return LoadVars object.

    The example for LoadVars.sendAndLoad shows how to display return values in a
    TextField. See link in my first post in this thread.

    MotionMaker Guest

  11. #91

    hello everybody,
    i got a stressing problem that i can't resolve it so i need your help &
    science about falsh player! i don't have any sound when i view any video format
    play by flash player on the internet, any kind of sites from youtube to sony
    picture for viewing trailers,etc. My sound board seems working correctly & i
    can hear music & video on all the others soft like windows media player,
    quicktime, real player,etc. i uninstalled & re-installed the last version of
    flash player but nothing to do i still don't have any sound!
    what can i do?
    thank you for responding

    soosooll Guest

  12. #92

    Hi'

    I am trying to create a situation in building a web site, where the visitor
    enters my site and by using the navigation bars can go to another site that has
    utilities they can use and still be at my domain, they would still have my logo
    and navigation bars in place and can return to my default page without losing
    them to browsing elsewhere.

    Would I have to use some sort of script language to create a absolute window,
    I don?t know, who can please help me out here with some good logical advise?

    Regards Rob
    :confused;

    RobOzz Guest

  13. #93

    Using Dreamweaver CS3 I have created a web site for an association.
    I would like to install a Secure Forum on the site that would be for Members
    Only of the association.
    Is there an extension for Dreamweaver CS3 that is necessary to make this
    happen??
    If so what is the name of this extension or is it possible through Dreamweaver
    CS3 without an extension?

    10th SPA Guest

  14. #94

    There is no forum extension. There are user authentication extensions built
    in that will help you to create a user login and password protect the pages
    in your private area.

    There are many forums like Snitz for ASP and PHPBB for PHP that are free and
    easy to set up. Do a google search on "Free forums"

    Nancy

    "10th SPA" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Using Dreamweaver CS3 I have created a web site for an association.
    > I would like to install a Secure Forum on the site that would be for
    > Members
    > Only of the association.
    > Is there an extension for Dreamweaver CS3 that is necessary to make this
    > happen??
    > If so what is the name of this extension or is it possible through
    > Dreamweaver
    > CS3 without an extension?

    Nancy Guest

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345