Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Help - Adobe Flash, Flex & Director

Joey wrote: >I cannot login in CDE. Session almost starts and then the login screen >reappears. > >CDE Error displayed in a pop-up window: > >DT messaging system could not be started. >To correct the problem >1- chose Ok to return to the login screen >2- select failsafe session from the login screen's option menu and login. >3- Check to see that the host name is correct in these locations >/etc/src.sh >/etc/hosts >/usr/adm/inet.sec >For additional information see the DT users guide. > >Anypne can tell me the solution. > > > > Hoey, On the occasions I have had this ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Need help

    Joey wrote:
    >I cannot login in CDE. Session almost starts and then the login screen
    >reappears.
    >
    >CDE Error displayed in a pop-up window:
    >
    >DT messaging system could not be started.
    >To correct the problem
    >1- chose Ok to return to the login screen
    >2- select failsafe session from the login screen's option menu and login.
    >3- Check to see that the host name is correct in these locations
    >/etc/src.sh
    >/etc/hosts
    >/usr/adm/inet.sec
    >For additional information see the DT users guide.
    >
    >Anypne can tell me the solution.

    Hoey,
    On the occasions I have had this and found the cause it has been due
    to the hostname (set in /etc/hostname.???? where ???? is the network
    port device e.g. eri0, also in /etc/nodename) not matching up with an
    entry in the /etc/inet/hosts file. That only covers one of the options
    in the list of files the error message mentions.

    Tony Fuller

    Tony Fuller Guest

  2. #2

    Default need help

    i have a blue/white g3, os 9.1, 1gb ram.
    it's continually freezing in netscape 7, and freezes when i quit
    newswatcher..
    plus it bombs when i try to rebuild the desktop, either i get a yellow
    box telling me the finder has quit or i get a fatal system error-10 and
    a restart button.

    thanks jake

    JAKE Guest

  3. #3

    In <3EFF76C4.8070801rcn.com>
    JAKE <videdrcn.com> wrote:
    > i have a blue/white g3, os 9.1, 1gb ram.
    > it's continually freezing in netscape 7, and freezes when i quit
    > newswatcher..
    > plus it bombs when i try to rebuild the desktop, either i get a yellow
    > box telling me the finder has quit or i get a fatal system error-10 and
    > a restart button.
    I would start by booting from your system CD and running Disk First Aid.

    J.
    Jennifer Mullen Guest

  4. #4

    i want to know about, how to partition a hard disk. just steps on how it is done. and tips on how to remove virus. thank you!!!

    jepoy quintosIII Guest

  5. #5

    Delete your preferences and news files

    --

    Joseph Passante Guest

  6. #6

    JAKE <videdrcn.com> wrote:
    > i have a blue/white g3, os 9.1, 1gb ram.
    > it's continually freezing in netscape 7, and freezes when i quit
    > newswatcher..
    > plus it bombs when i try to rebuild the desktop, either i get a yellow
    > box telling me the finder has quit or i get a fatal system error-10 and
    > a restart button.
    Consider upgrading to OS X 10.2 which is a hell of a lot more reliable
    than OS 9.x.

    stan@temple.edu Guest

  7. #7

    I know this question is not really germane to this board,
    but I can't find a closer option and I know that at least
    SOME of you guys know what you're talking about

    When I go to Add/Remove Programs, there are two entries on
    the list that I'm unsure about whether I can/should
    uninstall them. They are

    Tools for Internet Explorer
    and
    My Application

    I tried uninstalling the "My Application" one, and it
    tells me that uninstall data could not be found.
    The "Tools For Internet Explorer" one raises my eyebrow
    because it's not with all the other Windows Update Stuff
    (which is the only place I can envision it comeing from).

    If someone could either help, or direct me to a more
    appropriate board, I'd appreciate it.
    MDW Guest

  8. #8

    the "My Application" would throw up an eyebrow for me as well..... Sounds
    like someone experimented on your PC when testing an app. Most likely it was
    physically deleted and not "Removed" hence the floating remains.... Before
    ANYTHING I'd do some serious Antivirus scanning on the system. As for the
    "IE Tools", I can't say for certain but I don't think MS released anything
    with such a title in the ADD/REMOVE... again I'd do some scanning...

    Also, check your task manager.....see if anything "funny" is listed as
    currently running...

    Depending on your OS I'd post to a microsoft.public.windows* group.....

    Owner/Lead Designer, DF-Software
    [url]http://www.Darkfalz.com[/url]

    "MDW" <mwisebakergo.com> wrote in message
    > I know this question is not really germane to this board,
    > but I can't find a closer option and I know that at least
    > SOME of you guys know what you're talking about
    >
    > When I go to Add/Remove Programs, there are two entries on
    > the list that I'm unsure about whether I can/should
    > uninstall them. They are
    >
    > Tools for Internet Explorer
    > and
    > My Application
    >
    > I tried uninstalling the "My Application" one, and it
    > tells me that uninstall data could not be found.
    > The "Tools For Internet Explorer" one raises my eyebrow
    > because it's not with all the other Windows Update Stuff
    > (which is the only place I can envision it comeing from).
    >
    > If someone could either help, or direct me to a more
    > appropriate board, I'd appreciate it.

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

  9. #9

    need to know which scripts I can get free or at low cost to create a hosting site and to make an e-mail site. The e-mail site need two features one is for free accounts and one is for paid accounts like . But there is one catch yahoo dosn't give as much space as I will for free I will be equal to the low end of and for only 4.95 a year you get unlimited space this of course is unless you have put in info that has helped create this site. Or gave suggestions so as long as you have gave suggestions then you will get unlimited e-mail.

    Dan Montgomery Guest

  10. #10

    the best thing I can suggest is that you search all of the free script
    sites, but I think that you will find your self writing much of the code. I
    have looked at many of the freebies and have not seen many free ones. There
    are some free portal packages designed to work with php/mysql that you may
    want to look at.

    Jon

    Jon Phipps Guest

  11. #11

    I need to get this value out of this page and onto another aspx page but it
    seems like the value is stuck inside the itemtemplate any ideas how can I
    accomplish and if possible an example would be nice.

    Thx in advance.

    <aspataList id="DataList1" runat="server">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:Label id="custname" runat="server" text='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem,"billname") %>'></asp:Label>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </aspataList>

    Martin Tully Guest

  12. #12

    Martin Tully <mtullyargusinc.com> wrote:
    > I need to get this value out of this page and onto another aspx page
    > but it seems like the value is stuck inside the itemtemplate any ideas
    > how can I accomplish and if possible an example would be nice.
    I would do like this:

    In the ItemCreated event, retrieve the value and put it in the Session.

    --
    Peter Wu
    Powered by Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

    Peter Wu Guest

  13. #13

    is there any way to make [url]http://www.kidgamez.com/games/cooleffects/2/cool3d4x.html[/url] run any faster. Like pre-rendring it, or something. Is it possible?

    Referring URLs
    [url]http://www.kidgamez.com/games/cooleffects/2/cool3d4x.html[/url]

    Kidgamez webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  14. #14

    I have a background that I am trying to te in PhotoShop 7.0.1. It is a Duotone with a dot pattern. All parts of the Duotone has a dot in it. When I try Color Halftone, the light areas turn white with not dots in it. Could anyone help me?
    Dick_Bushman@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    For better responses: Need help is assumed if you post on this forum. Try to be a little more descriptive of the type of help you need in your thread title.
    Ken_Nielsen@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Is it possible to see a screen shot?
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    If you could tell me how I will.
    Dick_Bushman@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Can you show us an example or something?
    LRK@adobeforums.com Guest

  19. #19

    The dot pattern is something like this:

    .. . . . . . .
    . . . . . .

    The dots do not go in a straight line. Each line is a space over from the line above it.

    And the dot very in size depending on the shading of the area it is representing. But there are no more than 21 dots in a square inch.
    Dick_Bushman@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    what you're describing is typical of a halftone pattern, I understand that.

    what I dont understand is "the light areas turn white with not dots in it".
    JasonSmith@adobeforums.com Guest

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast