Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Help in Stored Proc Syntax - Microsoft SQL / MS SQL Server

I need help in writing a stored procedure on SQL Server 2000. Basically the stored procedure's primary task is to generate invoice records and insert the records in a invoice table. In order to generate the invoice records, I have an initial table which are basically Day Records. The task that I would like to complete is to select all records from that initial table and I guess put them into a temp table. Now that i have my temp table, I would like to loop thru the table record by record, and do inserts in the invoice table. I ...

  1. #1

    Default Need Help in Stored Proc Syntax

    I need help in writing a stored procedure on SQL Server
    2000. Basically the stored procedure's primary task is to
    generate invoice records and insert the records in a
    invoice table. In order to generate the invoice records,
    I have an initial table which are basically Day Records.
    The task that I would like to complete is to select all
    records from that initial table and I guess put them into
    a temp table. Now that i have my temp table, I would like
    to loop thru the table record by record, and do inserts
    in the invoice table. I cant seem to figure out the
    syntax since I am somewhat weak in TSQL Programming. I
    would appreciate any assistance on this forum or to my
    email. Also If you need some pseudocode for the process
    or the DDL for the initial table and the invoice table, I
    can definitely post that in the forum possibly in the
    syntax to get me started since i have some other
    processes that I would need to build using the template.
    Thanks again.

    Mansoor Aleem Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need Help in Stored Proc Syntax

    I can give you code to accomplish the task, but you'll have to gimme certain
    details and pseudo-code.
    rgds
    Vivek

    "Mansoor Aleem" <aleemmansoorhotmail.com> wrote in message

    > I need help in writing a stored procedure on SQL Server
    > 2000. Basically the stored procedure's primary task is to
    > generate invoice records and insert the records in a
    > invoice table. In order to generate the invoice records,
    > I have an initial table which are basically Day Records.
    > The task that I would like to complete is to select all
    > records from that initial table and I guess put them into
    > a temp table. Now that i have my temp table, I would like
    > to loop thru the table record by record, and do inserts
    > in the invoice table. I cant seem to figure out the
    > syntax since I am somewhat weak in TSQL Programming. I
    > would appreciate any assistance on this forum or to my
    > email. Also If you need some pseudocode for the process
    > or the DDL for the initial table and the invoice table, I
    > can definitely post that in the forum possibly in the
    > syntax to get me started since i have some other
    > processes that I would need to build using the template.
    > Thanks again.

    Vivek Dangwal Guest

  3. #3

    First of all thanks for your help and secondly, I would love to send you
    whatever you need for this SP. Please let me know exactly what you need.

    Mansoor Aleem Guest