Professional Web Applications Themes

Need help, lack vocabulary - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I think you want a context sensitive navigation bar...or in other words, a dual navigation bar, or sub-navigation. AS FOR #2 of your request, that's typically called breadcrumbs. However, this already is built in our product, so its not needed as users already know where they are anyway via the context sensitive menus UP/DOWN states....kinda like the "YOU ARE HERE" for a shopping mall map that lets you know where you are. Anyway, have a look at our product, Nested Templates and Menus? [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url] It has an instruction manual that walks you through the examples and is specifically written to ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: Need help, lack vocabulary

    I think you want a context sensitive navigation bar...or in other words, a
    dual navigation bar, or sub-navigation.

    AS FOR #2 of your request, that's typically called breadcrumbs. However,
    this already is built in our product, so its not needed as users already
    know where they are anyway via the context sensitive menus UP/DOWN
    states....kinda like the "YOU ARE HERE" for a shopping mall map that lets
    you know where you are.

    Anyway, have a look at our product, Nested Templates and Menus?

    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    It has an instruction manual that walks you through the examples and is
    specifically written to what you are looking for: navigation menus,
    templates, up/down state, AND complete automatic updating of sites,
    INCLUDING multiple
    languages.

    Anyway, its got a FREE download. Why don't you give it a look?

    dc
    decloak, Inc.
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/[/url]
    Multi-Navigation Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/[/url]

    Tongues of Fire
    Multi-Lingual Templates and Menus
    [url]http://www.decloak.com/Products/Dreamweaver/NestedTemplates/Demos/NestedT_Tongues_of_Fire/[/url]
    (...every man heard them speak in his own language. Acts 2:1-12 NIV)

    "Steash" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I would like to advice two elements I want on my site, but dont even know
    what to call them.

    > 1) A "scroll bar menu"; when you activate a link a submenu on a new layer
    appears with many other links in a scrollable format. So that my whole page
    wont be cluttered my to many links.

    > 2) Inserting a link at the bottom of the page that shows where the user
    has been and how to get back to other pages. ex.
    home>>>countries>>>despotic_regimes>>>axis_of_evil . What is this path/link
    called and can it easily be inserted as say a footer? Wait, like the one at
    the bottom of this page.

    dc Guest

  2. #2

    Default Need help, lack vocabulary

    Steash webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    Hi there:

    | I would like to advice two elements I want on my site, but dont even know
    what to call them.
    | 1) A "scroll bar menu"; when you activate a link a submenu on a new layer
    appears with many other links in a scrollable format. So that my whole page
    wont be cluttered my to many links.

    I think you mean dropdown menus. If you do have a look here for a free
    tutorial.
    [url]http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/menuing/mcloser/index.htm[/url]
    If this is not what you are after, have a look at the main tutorial listing
    on the site and you may find what you are looking for.

    | 2) Inserting a link at the bottom of the page that shows where the user
    has been and how to get back |to other pages. ex.
    home>>>countries>>>despotic_regimes>>>axis_of_evil . What is this path/link
    called |and can it easily be inserted as say a footer? Wait, like the one at
    the bottom of this page.

    This would be called "breadb" navigation- have a look here:
    [url]http://www.kaosweaver.com/Extensions/Breadcrumbs/[/url]

    Hope this helps.

    Nadia

    PerreLink Design
    Webdev Tools & Page Templates
    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    :: Ecommerce & Content Management System::
    [url]http://www.yourvirtualstore.net/yvsa4.asp[/url]
    Enter "nadia" into coupon box if buying
    and receive a 15% discount !
    ---------------------------

    Nadia *TWBM* Guest

  4. #4

    Steash webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  5. #5

    "Steash" wrote
    > Thanks for the help with the breadcrumb, apt.
    You are welcome

    > I understand the dropdown menu from projectseven, but what I would like to
    do is have a scroll bar on the layer that has one link shown and a arrow
    that the user can click that displays the other links. The user highlights a
    link and then clicks a "go" button. Similar to the navagation: bar that is
    in the upper right.

    Not exactly sure what you mean. You said, the navigation bar in the upper
    right - where exactly - can you point to a URL of what it is you would like
    to do?

    Nadia

    [url]http://www.perrelink.com.au[/url]
    Design Templates & Business Tools