Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Photo resizing software - Photography

Hello all, I am currently looking for a software that will take my digital pictures, mostly large file size (around 500k each) and resize them to a smaller size for a family web-site. I have photoshop but I would have to do this one at a time and I would much rather be able to re-size a folder at a time. I currently have software (HP) that came with my digital carera. It will resize pictures to send in an email, but I do not believe I can resize to a new folder. If there is a software that someone ...

  1. #1

    Default Need Photo resizing software

    Hello all, I am currently looking for a software that will take my
    digital pictures, mostly large file size (around 500k each) and resize
    them to a smaller size for a family web-site. I have photoshop but I
    would have to do this one at a time and I would much rather be able to
    re-size a folder at a time.

    I currently have software (HP) that came with my digital carera. It
    will resize pictures to send in an email, but I do not believe I can
    resize to a new folder.

    If there is a software that someone knows of that I can download, I
    would appreciate it. Of course free is better.

    Thanks,
    -Dan
    Dan Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need Photo resizing software

    On 19 Jul 2003 20:10:43 -0700, net (Dan) wrote:

    If you have Windows XP, you can download a Powertoy from Microsoft
    that will let you do this with a right-click.
    Andre Guest

  3. #3

    Irfanview will do the re-sizing in batches.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross Guest

  4. #4

    Dan wrote:

    Irfanview will do what you want, and.. it's free :-)

    http://www.irfanview.com/
    Jim Guest

  5. #5

    On 19 Jul 2003 20:10:43 -0700, net (Dan) wrote:

    The problem with batch resizing is that most pictures should be
    cropped before resizing. If you open them to crop, you might as well
    resize individually. However:

    IrFanView File>Batch Conversion/Rename>check Use Advanced
    Options>check Resize>Set Size

    IrFanView is a free download.

    Also, PhotoShop has File>Automate>Batch>Set: Command>Action: Image
    Size. I'm lost after that since I've never done it in PS. The means
    is there, though.

    Tony Cooper aka: com
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s
    Tony Guest

  6. #6

    I've tried a few batch resizers in the hope of finding one that will
    resize to a specified size rather than its own interpretation of
    quality. Some time ago I wanted to resize all my pics from full size -
    about 1 to 2mb to around 150k, keeping the smaller versions on my pc
    for quick and easy viewing and the full size on cd. The problem I had
    with all these resizers was that no matter what setting I used, the
    end results would vary wildly in size and quality from 25k up to
    around 900k. Yet I know that all the pictures are acceptable for
    on-screen viewing at around 150k, more or less. I did come across one
    prog that lets you specify finished size but I've lost the name. The
    need isn't so great these days with bigger hard drives and faster PCs,
    but I'd still like to find one for quick batch resizing to specific
    sizes for emailing.

    MJ
    MJ@MJ.com Guest

  7. #7

    com wrote in message news:<com>...

    If you have not tried IrFanView, you should try it out. It is free
    and let's you specify the size in many different ways. Better yet,
    it's free!
    Dan Guest