Professional Web Applications Themes

Need Script to Restore Button Bar - Macromedia Dreamweaver

My school district website now has a jumpmenu that opens my school website in a new browser window with no browser bar or button bar in Internet Explorer. Is there a script I can add to the homepage of my school website that will automatically restore those? Sort of like the FrameBuster one? It is really confusing to my target audience not to have the Back button, etc. Here is the url of the jump menu which is under the School Web Sites label: http://www.pausd.palo-alto.ca.us My school is Barron Park, but all the choices have the same result. Thanks! Lucinda...

  1. #1

    Default Need Script to Restore Button Bar

    My school district website now has a jumpmenu that opens my school website in a new browser window with no browser bar or button bar in Internet Explorer. Is there a script I can add to the homepage of my school website that will automatically restore those? Sort of like the FrameBuster one? It is really confusing to my target audience not to have the Back button, etc.

    Here is the url of the jump menu which is under the School Web Sites label:
    http://www.pausd.palo-alto.ca.us

    My school is Barron Park, but all the choices have the same result.

    Thanks! Lucinda

    Lucind Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Need Script to Restore Button Bar

    "Lucind" <com> wrote in message
    in a new browser window with no browser bar or button bar in Internet
    Explorer. Is there a script I can add to the homepage of my school website
    that will automatically restore those? Sort of like the FrameBuster one? It
    is really confusing to my target audience not to have the Back button, etc.
    label:
    I could not get that behaviour to work on ie6 and ns7. All sites opened in a
    new window.

    Had a look at the source and dropdown.js javascript and could not see any
    restrictions on windows.

    Rob.

    Rob Guest

  3. #3

    If you have the chance of editing website of your school....
    what you can do is to target the window you mentioned in a window that have
    the bar you need...
    If you go to behaviors youll see at the menu, the new window option..when
    the new window box is open theres
    several ways to choose for opening a new window.... so you just choose the
    one you need (with bottons)
    there is also option for values of window sizes...! (remenber that you can
    set that, when the link is selected..
    so instead of opening link in same window, it will open the window you
    setted up.. (and also put a target name for recognition...one in the prop.
    inspector and another at the new window options dialog box...
    hope this can help you...! bye

    "Lucind" <com> escribió en el mensaje
    in a new browser window with no browser bar or button bar in Internet
    Explorer. Is there a script I can add to the homepage of my school website
    that will automatically restore those? Sort of like the FrameBuster one? It
    is really confusing to my target audience not to have the Back button, etc.
    label:

    francisco Guest

  4. #4

    what if you put navigation bar of your own inside of the page, I mean that
    you write a Link back or something.!
    Cause I really dont know much about scripts...!

    "Lucind" <com> escribió en el mensaje
    opening my page in a browser window without the button bar. What I need is a
    script to add to my page to restore that bar. Is that possible?

    francisco Guest