Professional Web Applications Themes

Need to update other WebControls when switching from html to design view - ASP.NET Building Controls

Hello all, I have a set of WebControls that have a common base class where the base class contains a "bool" property that all controls on a single Page need to match. Basically, change one control's bool property changes them all. If you stay in "Design" view, everything works and all the WebControls' property get set correctly and the underlying HTML code for each control reflect the change. This is all handled in the ControlDesigner. The problem occurs when you change to "Html" view and edit one of the controls and change the value of the property (or remove it ...

  1. #1

    Default Need to update other WebControls when switching from html to design view

    Hello all,

    I have a set of WebControls that have a common base class where the
    base class contains a "bool" property that all controls on a single
    Page need to match. Basically, change one control's bool property
    changes them all. If you stay in "Design" view, everything works and
    all the WebControls' property get set correctly and the underlying HTML
    code for each control reflect the change. This is all handled in the
    ControlDesigner.

    The problem occurs when you change to "Html" view and edit one of the
    controls and change the value of the property (or remove it
    altogether). When you switch back to "Design" view, only that one
    control change is reflected and the rest are still the old value.

    Is there any event/method/etc I can override in the ControlDesigner or
    attach something to the IDesignerHost to trigger when the user changes
    from "Html" view to "Design" view?

    Thanks a bunch.

    Rob

    robert.minter@tallan.com Guest

  2. #2

    On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:46:14 -0700, robert.minter wrote:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I have a set of WebControls that have a common base class where the
    > base class contains a "bool" property that all controls on a single
    > Page need to match. Basically, change one control's bool property
    > changes them all. If you stay in "Design" view, everything works and
    > all the WebControls' property get set correctly and the underlying HTML
    > code for each control reflect the change. This is all handled in the
    > ControlDesigner.
    >
    > The problem occurs when you change to "Html" view and edit one of the
    > controls and change the value of the property (or remove it
    > altogether). When you switch back to "Design" view, only that one
    > control change is reflected and the rest are still the old value.
    >
    > Is there any event/method/etc I can override in the ControlDesigner or
    > attach something to the IDesignerHost to trigger when the user changes
    > from "Html" view to "Design" view?
    >
    > Thanks a bunch.
    >
    > Rob
    Are you building a control library. I have not done much designer work
    with 2.0
    intrader Guest

  3. #3

    intrader wrote:
    > On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:46:14 -0700, robert.minter wrote:
    >
    > > Hello all,
    > >
    > > I have a set of WebControls that have a common base class where the
    > > base class contains a "bool" property that all controls on a single
    > > Page need to match. Basically, change one control's bool property
    > > changes them all. If you stay in "Design" view, everything works and
    > > all the WebControls' property get set correctly and the underlying HTML
    > > code for each control reflect the change. This is all handled in the
    > > ControlDesigner.
    > >
    > > The problem occurs when you change to "Html" view and edit one of the
    > > controls and change the value of the property (or remove it
    > > altogether). When you switch back to "Design" view, only that one
    > > control change is reflected and the rest are still the old value.
    > >
    > > Is there any event/method/etc I can override in the ControlDesigner or
    > > attach something to the IDesignerHost to trigger when the user changes
    > > from "Html" view to "Design" view?
    > >
    > > Thanks a bunch.
    > >
    > > Rob
    > Are you building a control library. I have not done much designer work
    > with 2.0
    Yes, of sorts. It's a navigation control with associated content
    container.

    I'm still using v1.1.

    robert.minter@tallan.com Guest