Professional Web Applications Themes

Nested Datagrid Inner Grid adding button column - ASP.NET Data Grid Control

I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its "parent". I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid. [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx[/url] This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at the EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid. This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add button column in the inner datagrid. Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code. Regards SM...

  1. #1

    Default Nested Datagrid Inner Grid adding button column

    I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
    using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
    "parent".

    I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
    [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx[/url]

    This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
    the
    EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.

    This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
    button column in the inner datagrid.

    Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.

    Regards
    SM
    Shiek Guest

  2. #2

    Hi,

    I read the article about Nested Grid. And I found the few problems in using
    of that control. Therefore I have created an another solution for those
    problems. But my solution does not use the realtions between tables in the
    DataSet. I have created UserControl that has a child DataGrid and the
    LinkButton. I could open the child grid in the few Items at the same time in
    the parent Grid. Also I put CheckBox to the both grids and then made
    autopostback for each check box. I could solve all of the problems that had
    the both grids. The my solution allow to put every control without problem!
    If you want to get the solution, I can send you.
    Write me about that.

    bye-bye

    --
    The Best Regards,
    ..Net Developer

    "Shiek" <shiekmoydheen> wrote in message
    news:852694c0.0312241429.6cc77900posting.google.c om...
    > I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
    > using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
    > "parent".
    >
    > I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
    > [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx[/url]
    >

    > This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
    > the
    > EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.
    >
    > This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
    > button column in the inner datagrid.
    >
    > Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.
    >
    > Regards
    > SM

    Micharel Tkachev Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. Kindly send me the solution. That will be very helpful.

    Thanks
    Shiek

    "Micharel Tkachev" <m_tkachevhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#X4BcyuyDHA.2084TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read the article about Nested Grid. And I found the few problems in using
    > of that control. Therefore I have created an another solution for those
    > problems. But my solution does not use the realtions between tables in the
    > DataSet. I have created UserControl that has a child DataGrid and the
    > LinkButton. I could open the child grid in the few Items at the same time in
    > the parent Grid. Also I put CheckBox to the both grids and then made
    > autopostback for each check box. I could solve all of the problems that had
    > the both grids. The my solution allow to put every control without problem!
    > If you want to get the solution, I can send you.
    > Write me about that.
    >
    > bye-bye
    >
    > --
    > The Best Regards,
    > .Net Developer
    > Michael Tkachev
    > [email]m_tkachevhotmail.com[/email]
    >

    > "Shiek" <shiekmoydheen> wrote in message
    > news:852694c0.0312241429.6cc77900posting.google.c om...
    > > I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
    > > using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
    > > "parent".
    > >
    > > I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
    > > [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx[/url]
    > >

    > > This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
    > > the
    > > EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.
    > >
    > > This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
    > > button column in the inner datagrid.
    > >
    > > Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > SM
    Shiek Guest

  4. #4

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply. Kindly send me the solution. That will be very helpful.

    Thanks
    Shiek

    "Micharel Tkachev" <m_tkachevhotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#X4BcyuyDHA.2084TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I read the article about Nested Grid. And I found the few problems in using
    > of that control. Therefore I have created an another solution for those
    > problems. But my solution does not use the realtions between tables in the
    > DataSet. I have created UserControl that has a child DataGrid and the
    > LinkButton. I could open the child grid in the few Items at the same time in
    > the parent Grid. Also I put CheckBox to the both grids and then made
    > autopostback for each check box. I could solve all of the problems that had
    > the both grids. The my solution allow to put every control without problem!
    > If you want to get the solution, I can send you.
    > Write me about that.
    >
    > bye-bye
    >
    > --
    > The Best Regards,
    > .Net Developer
    > Michael Tkachev
    > [email]m_tkachevhotmail.com[/email]
    >

    > "Shiek" <shiekmoydheen> wrote in message
    > news:852694c0.0312241429.6cc77900posting.google.c om...
    > > I'm creating a hierarchical, editable ASP.NET datagrid with drilldown
    > > using two SQL tables. The "child" rows sit inside a cell of its
    > > "parent".
    > >
    > > I followed the sample from following cutting edge nested grid.
    > > [url]http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx[/url]
    > >

    > > This works okay as a read-only grid but I haven't been able to get at
    > > the
    > > EditCommand or other events fired by the inner datagrid.
    > >
    > > This isn't exactly master/detail because I need to be able to add
    > > button column in the inner datagrid.
    > >
    > > Thanks in Adavance for any help or sample code.
    > >
    > > Regards
    > > SM
    Shiek Guest