win2000 server (mapped of ftp_ed) no problems so far.. .(:x)? all the best [allowsmilie] => 1 [showsignature] => 0 [ipaddress] => [iconid] => 0 [visible] => 1 [attach] => 0 [infraction] => 0 [reportthreadid] => 0 [isusenetpost] => 1 [msgid] => [ref] => [htmlstate] => on_nl2br [postusername] => lebisol webforumsuser@macromedia.com [ip] => "lebisol" webfo [isdeleted] => 0 [usergroupid] => [membergroupids] => [displaygroupid] => [password] => [passworddate] => [email] => [styleid] => [parentemail] => [homepage] => [icq] => [aim] => [yahoo] => [msn] => [skype] => [showvbcode] => [showbirthday] => [usertitle] => [customtitle] => [joindate] => [daysprune] => [lastvisit] => [lastactivity] => [lastpost] => [lastpostid] => [posts] => [reputation] => [reputationlevelid] => [timezoneoffset] => [pmpopup] => [avatarid] => [avatarrevision] => [profilepicrevision] => [sigpicrevision] => [options] => [akvbghsfs_optionsfield] => [birthday] => [birthday_search] => [maxposts] => [startofweek] => [referrerid] => [languageid] => [emailstamp] => [threadedmode] => [autosubscribe] => [pmtotal] => [pmunread] => [salt] => [ipoints] => [infractions] => [warnings] => [infractiongroupids] => [infractiongroupid] => [adminoptions] => [profilevisits] => [friendcount] => [friendreqcount] => [vmunreadcount] => [vmmoderatedcount] => [socgroupinvitecount] => [socgroupreqcount] => [pcunreadcount] => [pcmoderatedcount] => [gmmoderatedcount] => [assetposthash] => [fbuserid] => [fbjoindate] => [fbname] => [logintype] => [fbaccesstoken] => [newrepcount] => [vbseo_likes_in] => [vbseo_likes_out] => [vbseo_likes_unread] => [temp] => [field1] => [field2] => [field3] => [field4] => [field5] => [subfolders] => [pmfolders] => [buddylist] => [ignorelist] => [signature] => [searchprefs] => [rank] => [icontitle] => [iconpath] => [avatarpath] => [hascustomavatar] => 0 [avatardateline] => [avwidth] => [avheight] => [edit_userid] => [edit_username] => [edit_dateline] => [edit_reason] => [hashistory] => [pagetext_html] => [hasimages] => [signatureparsed] => [sighasimages] => [sigpic] => [sigpicdateline] => [sigpicwidth] => [sigpicheight] => [postcount] => 2 [islastshown] => 1 [isfirstshown] => [attachments] => [allattachments] => ) --> Network Save - Access Denied - Macromedia Dreamweaver

Network Save - Access Denied - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I read another thread that addressed part of this issue... it basically said both Adobe and Macromedia have similar problems and they are aware of the issue, so don't do network saves. I happen to work for a higher education institution and this issue has the potential to be quite problematic. Specifically, users tend to develop their sites on one network drive (Windows 2000 server), and then upload their sites to the production server on another mapped network drive (RH Linux server). I've noticed that users running Dreamweaver MX on a Win2K system have problems with PUT operations for their ...

Default Network Save - Access Denied

I read another thread that addressed part of this issue... it basically said both Adobe and Macromedia have similar problems and they are aware of the issue, so don't do network saves. I happen to work for a higher education institution and this issue has the potential to be quite problematic.

Specifically, users tend to develop their sites on one network drive (Windows 2000 server), and then upload their sites to the production server on another mapped network drive (RH Linux server). I've noticed that users running Dreamweaver MX on a Win2K system have problems with PUT operations for their sites onto the production server, yet they can copy and paste their sites using Windows Explorer. WinXP users of Dreamweaver MX do not encounter this problem with identical site definitions within Dreamweaver.

Does Macromedia openly discuss this issue somewhere and is there a fix at this time? I've tried the 6.1 Updater with no success. Many of the university's staff aren't comfortable copying large numbers of files back and forth over the network without a utility as they are afraid they will inadvertantly lose files.

Newfie webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

Default Re: Network Save - Access Denied

PUT - is it just based on a mapped drive or using ftp
    how about using FTP on windows or SSL on Linux? (hint)
    ftp:23 is not that secure anyway......
    win2000 and DW 6.1 --->win2000 server (mapped of ftp_ed) no problems so far.. .(:x)?
    all the best

lebisol webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest