Professional Web Applications Themes

New 10D Firmware is out - Photography

[url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/dc/10D_101-e.exe[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default New 10D Firmware is out

    [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/dc/10D_101-e.exe[/url]

    Derek Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: New 10D Firmware is out

    must be those great batteries, they actually had the firmware built in
    anyway :)

    mines now 10fps and 45 point autofocus......

    sorry couldn't help myself

    "(but then my 10D has been working well
    > anyway, so this was just maintenance on my part... :-) ).
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > Rudi
    > [url]http://www.rudiphoto.net/[/url]

    Derek Guest

  3. #3

    Yeah, it's still not 'official' though I dont think, as people on the
    10D mailing list have pointed out - it's not linked from the webpage.
    But I'm pretty sure that it's just not updated on their website yet.
    Anyhow, it seems to work OK in my camera (: I dont notice any
    differences yet. Does canon usually tell you what the update actually
    does? I cant remember what the D30 one said when I updated it.

    Derek wrote:
    > must be those great batteries, they actually had the firmware built in
    > anyway :)
    >
    > mines now 10fps and 45 point autofocus......
    >
    > sorry couldn't help myself
    >
    > "(but then my 10D has been working well
    >
    >>anyway, so this was just maintenance on my part... :-) ).
    >>

    >>Regards,
    >>
    >>Rudi
    >>[url]http://www.rudiphoto.net/[/url]

    Scott Coutts Guest

  4. #4

    Yes Canon will normally post a list of fixes I think. (with othe D series
    they have)

    The link was originally sourced form Chuck Westall, head tech Canon USA, so
    I'm sure its legit, just not linked on the Bebit page yet.

  5. #5

    Default Heh...

    [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html[/url]

    EOS 10D Firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the following:

    1.. It increases the reliability of USB communication when used with the
    camera direct print.
    2.. It corrects wrong simplified Chinese letters on MENU.
    This firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the cameras with Version 1.0.0
    firmware. If the camera already loads the firmware Version 1.0.1, you do not
    need update it.

    Ah well, never mind. =0)

    -A

    "Derek" <dolearybigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/dc/10D_101-e.exe[/url]

    Admiral Guest

  6. #6

    Default Re: Heh...

    Admiral wrote:

    > [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html[/url]
    >
    > EOS 10D Firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the following:
    >
    > 1.. It increases the reliability of USB communication when used with the
    > camera direct print.
    > 2.. It corrects wrong simplified Chinese letters on MENU.
    > This firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the cameras with Version 1.0.0
    > firmware. If the camera already loads the firmware Version 1.0.1, you do not
    > need update it.
    >
    > Ah well, never mind. =0)
    My thoughts exactly... I was so excited (childish I know).. I was going
    to make my new camera newer... Maybe I should learn Chinese :-)
    BRenton

    Brenton Guest

  7. #7

    "Admiral" <kbigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/EOS10D/10D_firmware-e.html[/url]
    >
    > EOS 10D Firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the following:
    >
    > 1.. It increases the reliability of USB communication when used with the
    > camera direct print.
    > 2.. It corrects wrong simplified Chinese letters on MENU.
    > This firmware Version 1.0.1 supports the cameras with Version 1.0.0
    > firmware. If the camera already loads the firmware Version 1.0.1, you do
    not
    > need update it.
    >

    > Ah well, never mind. =0)
    Not that anything needed to be fixed on my 10D... but what are the chances
    that Canon fixes something in the Firmware and doesn't tell anyone?? This
    way they never admit to a problem and the problem simply goes away.... We
    best get Scully and Mulder onto it. :-)

    Russell Stewart Guest

  8. #8

    Who was it said: "Don't fix what aint broke" ?
    I just had my 10D replaced and It's got 1.0.0 firmware. It's a hell of
    different camera than the original one I bought. FWIW I think upgrading the
    firmware when there is nothing wrong is a bit like changing a tyre because
    it 'might' go flat!
    JT

    Auspics Guest

  9. #9

    Chances are there are probably more changes than noted.

    Quite often the case with PC products and motherboard bios that there are
    more changes than they list.

  10. #10

    What I'd be specifically more worried about is what other bugs do they
    introduce to an already fine, running camera? ;-)

    > Chances are there are probably more changes than noted.
    >
    > Quite often the case with PC products and motherboard bios that there are
    > more changes than they list.
    >
    > > Not that anything needed to be fixed on my 10D... but what are the
    chances
    > > that Canon fixes something in the Firmware and doesn't tell anyone??
    This
    > > way they never admit to a problem and the problem simply goes away....
    We
    > > best get Scully and Mulder onto it. :-)

    Scott Marshall Guest

  11. #11

    I dunno, with some of the claims of improvement from various sources,
    I'd certainly think Canon would push the fact - some say it reduces
    noise in 400ISO images - as it's already pretty amazing at 400 ISO you
    think they'd tout that one as an 'improvement' - likewise if it fixes
    'n' highlights - although some people have them and others don't,
    so who knows for sure??

    Cheers,
    Stuart

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:07:59 GMT, "Derek" <dolearybigpond.net.au>
    wrote:
    >Chances are there are probably more changes than noted.
    >
    >Quite often the case with PC products and motherboard bios that there are
    >more changes than they list.
    >
    >> Not that anything needed to be fixed on my 10D... but what are the chances
    >> that Canon fixes something in the Firmware and doesn't tell anyone?? This
    >> way they never admit to a problem and the problem simply goes away.... We
    >> best get Scully and Mulder onto it. :-)

    Stuart Elflett Guest

  12. #12

    n highlights are a function of contrast control. The best idea is to
    shoot for the highlights because the shadows will still contain image
    whereas the highlights when over exposed on digitals don't.

    The basic and most fundamental aspect of photography is understand the
    relationship between light and dark. Digital cameras cannot, do not and with
    current technology will not ever, equal the contrast range of film which in
    itself, cannot reproduce the entire contrast range of the human eye.
    JT

  13. #13

    Default I dont think Ill update... but...

    thinking if it aint broke dont fix it..
    but if Canon release another update that actually does something can I jump
    from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2.0 ?

    "Derek" <dolearybigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > [url]http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/dc/10D_101-e.exe[/url]

    Mark Guest