Professional Web Applications Themes

New JavaScript Error - Macromedia Dreamweaver

I have been using MX pretty much since it came out and it has suddenly developed a new error message. Whenever I try to update files based on any template in any site I now get the following error message: While executing receiveArguments in File_Save.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred: At line 45 of File "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX\Configuration\Menus\MM\File_save.js" exception throw in native function MX will then let me save all open files but doesn't update the files based on the template but opens another dialog box saying: Loading link info from Cache 50 The only way to proceed beyond this ...

  1. #1

    Default New JavaScript Error

    I have been using MX pretty much since it came out and it has suddenly developed a new error message.

    Whenever I try to update files based on any template in any site I now get the following error message:

    While executing receiveArguments in File_Save.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

    At line 45 of File "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver MX\Configuration\Menus\MM\File_save.js"

    exception throw in native function

    MX will then let me save all open files but doesn't update the files based on the template but opens another dialog box saying:

    The only way to proceed beyond this point is to shut MX down.

    If anyone else has had and cured this problem could they please let me know.

    My next move will be to reinstall MX but as I have a lot of sites and extensions installed I'd rather not do this if there is a cure available.

    Many thanks for any help offered.

    John

    Jack Harry Bill webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: New JavaScript Error

    Andy many thanks for that idea you may not have thought it was much use but it worked!

    I recreated the site cache in 2 sites that had been giving me touble and they both successfully updated files after making changes to the template.

    Yeehaa!

    Jack Harry Bill webforumsuser@macromedia.com Guest

  3. #3

    What extenesions did you install recently? Make sure that they were MX
    compatible.
    "Jack Harry Bill" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > I have been using MX pretty much since it came out and it has suddenly
    developed a new error message.

    > Whenever I try to update files based on any template in any site I now get
    the following error message:

    > While executing receiveArguments in File_Save.htm, the following
    JavaScript error(s) occurred:

    > At line 45 of File "C:\Program Files\Macromedia\Dreamweaver
    MX\Configuration\Menus\MM\File_save.js"

    > exception throw in native function
    >
    > MX will then let me save all open files but doesn't update the files based
    on the template but opens another dialog box saying:

    > The only way to proceed beyond this point is to shut MX down.
    >
    > If anyone else has had and cured this problem could they please let me
    know.

    > My next move will be to reinstall MX but as I have a lot of sites and
    extensions installed I'd rather not do this if there is a cure available.

    > Many thanks for any help offered.
    >
    > John

    Showjumper Guest

  4. #4

    Folks:

    Are you collaborating with others on this site getting the corrupted cache,
    or are you the only developer?

    --
    Murray --- ICQ 71997575

    > Andy many thanks for that idea you may not have thought it was much use
    but it worked!

    > I recreated the site cache in 2 sites that had been giving me touble and
    they both successfully updated files after making changes to the template.

    > Yeehaa!

    Murray *TMM* Guest