Professional Web Applications Themes

New photographer/videographer directory (UK) - Photography

Dear Sirs, Forgive me if I've already contacted you, but I have just designed a new photography/videography directory which I thought would interest you greatly. Apart from photographers and videographers, there will be no other products or services featured on the directory, meaning that anybody looking for your service will find it quick and easy to locate just what they want. No need to sift through many categories... The site is now live at [url]www.photographer-directory.co.uk[/url] where I can add you within 24 hours if you'd like your business featured under any of the listings. Listings will cost just 15 per ...

  1. #1

    Default New photographer/videographer directory (UK)

    Dear Sirs,
    Forgive me if I've already contacted you, but I have just
    designed a new photography/videography directory which I thought would
    interest you greatly.
    Apart from photographers and videographers, there will be no other products
    or services featured on the directory, meaning that anybody looking for your
    service will find it quick and easy to locate just what they want. No need
    to sift through many categories...
    The site is now live at [url]www.photographer-directory.co.uk[/url] where I can add you
    within 24 hours if you'd like your business featured under any of the
    listings. Listings will cost just 15 per year for as many counties as you'd
    like adding to. The site is deliberately basic in design to make it
    extremely easy for visitors to navigate.
    The site will be added to many search engines over the next few weeks, and
    also to some of the existing wedding directories in their photography
    sections.
    Places are filling fast...

    Regards

    D Bone

    Jim Sewell Guest

  4. #4

    Default Re: New photographer/videographer directory (UK)

    Netscape badly breaks your site. Your front page could be a bit more
    interesting; will it be changing?

    Ciao!

    Gordon Moat
    Alliance Graphique Studio
    <http://www.allgstudio.com>

    Jim Sewell wrote:
    > Dear Sirs,
    > Forgive me if I've already contacted you, but I have just
    > designed a new photography/videography directory which I thought would
    > interest you greatly.
    > Apart from photographers and videographers, there will be no other products
    > or services featured on the directory, meaning that anybody looking for your
    > service will find it quick and easy to locate just what they want. No need
    > to sift through many categories...
    > The site is now live at [url]www.photographer-directory.co.uk[/url] where I can add you
    > within 24 hours if you'd like your business featured under any of the
    > listings. Listings will cost just 15 per year for as many counties as you'd
    > like adding to. The site is deliberately basic in design to make it
    > extremely easy for visitors to navigate.
    > The site will be added to many search engines over the next few weeks, and
    > also to some of the existing wedding directories in their photography
    > sections.
    > Places are filling fast...
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > D Bone

    Gordon Moat Guest

  5. #5

    Pretty pathetic Jim. I would suggest you learn how to build a website
    before you try to make a fortune off it. No one is going to hire a
    photographer displayed that poorly.

    --
    [url]http://www.chapelhillnoir.com[/url]
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    "Jim Sewell" <jimsewell01.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Dear Sirs,
    > Forgive me if I've already contacted you, but I have just
    > designed a new photography/videography directory which I thought would
    > interest you greatly.
    > Apart from photographers and videographers, there will be no other
    products
    > or services featured on the directory, meaning that anybody looking for
    your
    > service will find it quick and easy to locate just what they want. No need
    > to sift through many categories...
    > The site is now live at [url]www.photographer-directory.co.uk[/url] where I can add
    you
    > within 24 hours if you'd like your business featured under any of the
    > listings. Listings will cost just 15 per year for as many counties as
    you'd
    > like adding to. The site is deliberately basic in design to make it
    > extremely easy for visitors to navigate.
    > The site will be added to many search engines over the next few weeks,
    and
    > also to some of the existing wedding directories in their photography
    > sections.
    > Places are filling fast...
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > D Bone

    Tony Spadaro Guest

  6. #6

    > Netscape badly breaks your site. Your front page could be a bit more
    > interesting; will it be changing?

    Gordon,
    The front page is my main concern too...
    I'll look into changing it ASAP.

    D Bone

    Jim Sewell Guest

  7. #7

    > Pretty pathetic Jim. I would suggest you learn how to build a
    > website before you try to make a fortune off it.
    Not trying to make a fortune, and not looking for any design awards !
    It is what it is. Just a very basic portal serving as a directory.
    Very simple in design=simple to use=simple to find what you need in a hurry.

    Personally I hate the more recent flash sites that have the intro to watch
    then loads of rubbish to read, then a complicated bunch of "this is here,
    that is there" type links.
    Visitor figures are increasing daily at present and that can only be good
    for those listed on the site !

    D Bone

    Jim Sewell Guest

  8. #8

    Jim Sewell wrote:
    > Dear Sirs,
    > Forgive me if I've already contacted you, but I have just
    > designed a new photography/videography directory which I thought would
    > interest you greatly.
    > Apart from photographers and videographers, there will be no other products
    > or services featured on the directory, meaning that anybody looking for your
    > service will find it quick and easy to locate just what they want. No need
    > to sift through many categories...
    > The site is now live at [url]www.photographer-directory.co.uk[/url] where I can add you
    > within 24 hours if you'd like your business featured under any of the
    > listings. Listings will cost just 15 per year for as many counties as you'd
    > like adding to. The site is deliberately basic in design to make it
    > extremely easy for visitors to navigate.
    > The site will be added to many search engines over the next few weeks, and
    > also to some of the existing wedding directories in their photography
    > sections.
    > Places are filling fast...
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > D Bone

    Not bad Jim. The concept answers the question, who can I call to take
    type pictures. It's up to the person called to convinve the seeker
    that he should get the assignment.

    Nick

    NickC Guest

  9. #9

    "Jim Sewell" <jimsewell01.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bf2qu0$b0o$1newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    > > Pretty pathetic Jim. I would suggest you learn how to build a
    > > website before you try to make a fortune off it.
    >
    > Not trying to make a fortune, and not looking for any design awards !
    > It is what it is. Just a very basic portal serving as a directory.
    > Very simple in design=simple to use=simple to find what you need in a hurry.
    >
    > Personally I hate the more recent flash sites that have the intro to watch
    > then loads of rubbish to read, then a complicated bunch of "this is here,
    > that is there" type links.
    > Visitor figures are increasing daily at present and that can only be good
    > for those listed on the site !
    Yes I hate these too, but I don't think the problem with your site is
    that it is too basic, more that it has unnecessary bits of 'eye candy'
    that detract from the content. What I don't like:
    - too much underlined text, especially on the home page. Underlined
    usually means a link and just adds distracting horizontal lines that
    make the text hard to read.
    - the rotating cog horizontal ruler at the bottom of the page.
    Animated graphics are very distracting and draw the eye away from
    content. It's like composition in photography!
    - very large fonts used by default. This makes them harder to read at
    a glance, and also makes the lists very long to scroll through.
    - The mail me button looks out of place as it doesn't fit in style
    wise with the rest. Why not just use text?
    - The background graphic is quite bright, but this is maybe more of a
    personal taste thing...

    Just tying to provide constructive criticism. Feel free to slag off
    my poxy website ([url]http://www.pid.co.uk[/url]).

    Dan
    Dan Pidcock Guest

  10. #10

    > Just tying to provide constructive criticism.

    Much appreciated, and I agree to an extent !
    I mean to sort the underlining out anyway, but some bits seem OK to me.

    Regards

    D Bone

    Jim Sewell Guest

  11. #11

    "Jim Sewell" <jimsewell01.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:<bf23eh$9t9$1newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>...
    >Listings will cost just 15 per year for as many counties as you'd
    > like adding to.
    15 per year sounds extremely expensive for a link from a website
    that's just starting out. The site doesn't have a pagerank on google
    yet and so is most likely not indexed on google either. I'd query how
    many visitors it's getting and compare your likely incoming traffic
    from the link with the cost of Google Adwords or similar pay-per-click
    advertising.

    The use of free webspace (the obligatory advert obscures the headings
    on some pages) suggests that this is not a venture that is going to
    invest heavily in promotion with magazine adverts and the suchlike.

    It's always good to see people providing new services to the
    photographic community - and maybe this is one to watch to see how it
    develops - but the price isn't competitive with other services out
    there.

    Sean
    ---
    author of 'Small Business Websites That Work' - [url]www.sbwtw.com[/url]