Professional Web Applications Themes

New Physics Xtra - Macromedia Director 3D

Hello, I am releasing a shockwave ODE physics xtra for windows but I can't find the xtra packaging application. Also it would be nice to develop a MAC version but similar problem, can't find the compiler needed for creating xtras. In the meantime you can try the demo at http://www.kineticgames.com/odextra/ You just need to download and manually install the xtra. There is also an example dir file showing off some of the features. Thanks for trying it out! Mike http://www.kineticgames.com/odextra/...

  1. #1

    Default New Physics Xtra

    Hello,
    I am releasing a shockwave ODE physics xtra for windows but I can't find the
    xtra packaging application. Also it would be nice to develop a MAC version but
    similar problem, can't find the compiler needed for creating xtras.
    In the meantime you can try the demo at
    http://www.kineticgames.com/odextra/
    You just need to download and manually install the xtra.
    There is also an example dir file showing off some of the features.
    Thanks for trying it out!
    Mike
    http://www.kineticgames.com/odextra/

    mike950 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: New Physics Xtra

    mike950 wrote:

    Hi Mike,
    Great to see a new Director Xtra come to live. I wish you all the best with it.

    Not too long ago, someone else asked about the Xtras packaging files and I followed
    that up with people at Adobe. If you'd like to email me offlist, I can see what I
    can do to help you. You can email me on
    edu.au

    regards
    Dean

    Director Lecturer / Consultant
    http://www.fbe.unsw.edu.au/learning/director
    http://www.multimediacreative.com.au

    Dean Guest

  3. #3

    Great work!!! Keep it up
    walfridson Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks!
    I appreciate that.. I hope soon I'll be able to provide a signed shockwave
    version.
    It's based on the free open source ODE physics library by Russ Smith so
    99.9999999% of the
    credit to him and the people that worked on it.
    Mike

    mike950 Guest

  5. #5

    That's great work with ODE - it looks like quite a few open-source technologies
    are starting to migrate into Xtras!

    Have you also looked at the also open-source Bullet library?

    http://www.continuousphysics.com/Bullet/

    This is being used in Blender ( as well as many commercial console games! ),
    so it's well worth checking out - it offers similar functionality to ODE and
    other physics engines, but is being very actively developed.

    Mal

    Mal_CanDo Guest

  6. #6

    Hi Mal,
    Thanks for that!
    I did look at that originally before ODE but found that ODE's interface
    was much easier and cleaner to work with. However that could
    all be abstracted out and put into an xtra with a cleaner interface
    but the big problem I'm having is getting the required packager so
    I can sign it for shockwave.
    Hey can anyone package xtras here? :)
    Mike

    mike950 Guest

  7. #7

    When will I be able to buy your ODE physics Xtra?
    How much will it cost?

    Adobe should sign your Xtra.
    Havok is buggy, no longer supported, crashes MX2004, and needs a replacement.

    ADOBE - please give us a new physic Xtra!

    Jmvr Guest

  8. #8

    Thanks for the interest!
    I'll work on it again once I figure out how to get it signed.
    But it will be free for anyone that will sign it.
    $29.00 Once it's packaged & signed.

    mike950 Guest

  9. #9

    I will see if I can get the company I work for to sign it, they have signed
    their own Xtras.

    But I think Adobe should sign it.

    Havok is no longer supported.
    Havok has buggy un-stable collisions.
    Havok has not been updated since it was released.
    Havok is not included in MX-2004, and if you use it anyway, it causes
    authoring crashes.
    Havok HKE cannot be used because Max 5 and Plasma are no longer sold.
    Havok cannot be used for multiplayer because it has randomness.

    So basically Adobe has no physics engine in my mind.
    You cannot make a state of the art 3D application without a physics engine.

    All it would cost Adobe is a $400 Verisign fee to get a new engine available.

    Jmvr Guest

  10. #10

    100% Agree! That's exactly why I decided to make the xtra.
    That would be fantastic if they would sign it!
    Thank you for checking that out.
    Mike
    mike950 Guest

  11. #11

    the xtra seems to be interesting, but how to use it longer then 150000 timesteps?
    hondo3000 Guest

  12. #12

    I was planning on selling the xtra which would remove the 150000 step limit but I have no way of packaging and signing it. Seems the packager is no longer available. :(
    Mike
    mike950 Guest

  13. #13

    I think you should contact this guy.
    http://www.director-xtras.com/directorXtras.php
    He makes and sells Xtras, and maybe he can help you.
    Jmvr Guest