Professional Web Applications Themes

New to FCS, just a couple ?'s - Macromedia Flash Flashcom

Hi all- Just thought I?d ask some basic ??s to try get me on the right track. I work in a school and we are trying to setup webcasting. This means any event in the school (performances, sporting events, ect?.) can be streamed to our website. I got it all done, video and audio streaming over the site. But I want to make it better. The audio is real good. But the video is pixcelaated when published to the website (not choppy, just a little fuzzy around the edges). I have used the fps_pb.setProgress function and that helped a lot. ...

  1. #1

    Default New to FCS, just a couple ?'s

    Hi all-

    Just thought I?d ask some basic ??s to try get me on the right track.

    I work in a school and we are trying to setup webcasting. This means any event
    in the school (performances, sporting events, ect?.) can be streamed to our
    website.

    I got it all done, video and audio streaming over the site. But I want to make
    it better. The audio is real good. But the video is pixcelaated when published
    to the website (not choppy, just a little fuzzy around the edges).

    I have used the fps_pb.setProgress function and that helped a lot. Anyone know
    of any other script I can use to improve my fps.

    Also, would a better FCS and capture box help. Remember were a school without
    much money. Right now my capture box (Radeon 9600), and my FCS box is a P3,
    700mhz machine. Not very much power.

    Please feel free to vist our site. [url]www.budlongschool.com/webcast.htm[/url] (Might
    have to open a port before the outside world can see) Right now it is streaming
    a cable channel (just needed an open connection). Thanks for any help. Bill

    bthomas311 Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: New to FCS, just a couple ?'s

    Tried the link using either Firefox or IE at 1:53 pm and nothing was
    playing.

    --
    Lon Hosford
    [url]www.lonhosford.com[/url]
    "bthomas311" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
[...]

    Motion Maker Guest

  3. #3

    Yea. need to get some ports open in the firewall. Any know which 1's. I open 1935 (for RMTP), but do we need a port for the server side script?
    bthomas311 Guest

  4. #4

    I think you might be suffering from either a native resolution problem. Or a
    scaling problem.

    Every webcam supports certain resolutions (varies by manufacturer). If the
    video dimensions you chose in your camera settings don't match one of the
    native resolutions of the camera, picture quality suffers.

    Also, make sure your video object has the same dimensions as your video
    stream. If the video object size doesn't match the video dimensions in the
    stream, the player has to scale the video image, which makes things ugly.

    JayCharles Guest

  5. #5

    Thanks for the reply Jay, your a wealth of knowledge. =)
    bthomas311 Guest