Professional Web Applications Themes

New user installing a Trial DB2 UBD version 8.1 - IBM DB2

Start then on Programs, right click (when Program is blued) and choose either Explore or Explore all users. Then put it back to the location you've choosen. PM "Osbelia Nava" <osbeliaawesomenet.net> a écrit dans le message de news: [email]3f0b9d23_6corp.newsgroups.com[/email]... > > > > I received a trial for Personal DB2 Universal Database Version 8.1 > > I installed it successfully in my Notebook with Windows 2000, > however, after that, I committed some mistakes and I need support: > > 1) When I opened the START bar, in PROGRAMS appeared a new folder IBM > DB2 with 7 sub folders ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: New user installing a Trial DB2 UBD version 8.1

    Start
    then on Programs, right click (when Program is blued) and choose either
    Explore or Explore all users.
    Then put it back to the location you've choosen.

    PM

    "Osbelia Nava" <osbeliaawesomenet.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
    [email]3f0b9d23_6corp.newsgroups.com[/email]...

    > I received a trial for Personal DB2 Universal Database Version
    8.1

    > I installed it successfully in my Notebook with Windows 2000,
    > however, after that, I committed some mistakes and I need support:
    >
    > 1) When I opened the START bar, in PROGRAMS appeared a new folder
    IBM
    > DB2 with 7 sub folders for General Administration Tools, Information,
    > Monitoring Tools, Business Intelligence Tools, Command Line Tools,
    > Development Tools and Set up Tools.By error the complete IBM DB2 was
    dragged
    > to the desktop, then disappeared from the START bar in PROGRAMS. I tried
    > put it back using windows explorer and move the IBM DB2 folder under
    > C:\Program Files that means leaving it like
    >
    > C:\Programs Files\IBM DB2, however, when I checked in START bar, in
    >
    > PROGRAMS the folder did not appear again.
    >

    > What I do in order to put back the application IBM DB2 on the START bar
    > PROGRAMS ?
    >

    > 2) When I used Windows explorer and opened the set-up folder, I
    double
    > click FIRST STEPS and then Create Sample Database, I selected Create DB2
    UDB
    > sample, and because looked to me it was taking so much time, I canceled,
    > then I received a message saying It was not finished the Database
    creation.

    > Because of that, when I tried again to create the Sample Database, the
    > option is disable
    >

    > What I do in order to delete the incomplete Sample database and be able to
    > create it complete again?
    >

    > 3) When I tried to execute the tutorials, there is a reference to a
    CD
    > called DB2 Doentation
    >

    > What I do in order to get the CD, DB2 HTML Doentation ?
    >

    > 4) Finally, I thought the set up might put the icons on the desktop,
    > which did not happened it, then
    >
    > Which icon(s) do you recommend to place on the desktop, and how do it?
    >

    > Thank you very Much

    > [url]http://www.newsfeeds.com[/url] - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
    > -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

    PM \(pm3iinc-nospam\) Guest

  2. #2

    Default New user installing a Trial DB2 UBD version 8.1

    I received a trial for Personal DB2 Universal Database Version 8.1

    I installed it successfully in my Notebook with Windows 2000,
    however, after that, I committed some mistakes and I need support:

    1) When I opened the START bar, in PROGRAMS appeared a new folder IBM
    DB2 with 7 sub folders for General Administration Tools, Information,
    Monitoring Tools, Business Intelligence Tools, Command Line Tools,
    Development Tools and Set up Tools.By error the complete IBM DB2 was dragged
    to the desktop, then disappeared from the START bar in PROGRAMS. I tried to
[...]

    Osbelia Nava Guest

  3. #3

    3) You have to pay for the program to get the HTML doentation.

    4) Right click what you want and create a desktop shortcut.

    1)&2) Can you uninstall, then reinstall - being more patient?

    > "Osbelia Nava" <osbeliaawesomenet.net> wrote in message
    >
    > I received a trial for Personal DB2 Universal Database Version 8.1
    >
    > I installed it successfully in my Notebook with Windows 2000,
    > however, after that, I committed some mistakes and I need support:
    >
    > 1) When I opened the START bar, in PROGRAMS appeared a new folder IBM
    > DB2 with 7 sub folders for General Administration Tools, Information,
    > Monitoring Tools, Business Intelligence Tools, Command Line Tools,
    > Development Tools and Set up Tools.By error the complete IBM DB2 was
    > dragged to the desktop, then disappeared from the START bar in
    > PROGRAMS. I tried to put it back using windows explorer and move the
    > IBM DB2 folder under C:\Program Files that means leaving it like
    >
    > C:\Programs Files\IBM DB2, however, when I checked in START bar, in
    >
    > PROGRAMS the folder did not appear again.
    >
    > What I do in order to put back the application IBM DB2 on the START
    > bar PROGRAMS ?
    >
    > 2) When I used Windows explorer and opened the set-up folder, I
    > double click FIRST STEPS and then Create Sample Database, I selected
    > Create DB2 UDB sample, and because looked to me it was taking so much
    > time, I canceled, then I received a message saying It was not
    > finished the Database creation.
    >
    > Because of that, when I tried again to create the Sample Database,
    > the option is disable
    >
    > What I do in order to delete the incomplete Sample database and be
    > able to create it complete again?
    >
    > 3) When I tried to execute the tutorials, there is a reference to a
    > CD called DB2 Doentation
    >
    > What I do in order to get the CD, DB2 HTML Doentation ?
    >
    > 4) Finally, I thought the set up might put the icons on the desktop,
    > which did not happened it, then
    >
    > Which icon(s) do you recommend to place on the desktop, and how do
    > it?
    >
    > Thank you very Much

    MichaelJennings Guest

  4. #4

    2) try to drop the db.

    3) try here
    [url]http://www-3.ibm.com/cgi-bin/db2www/data/db2/udb/winos2unix/support/download[/url]
    ..d2w/report

    4) on start button, right click and choose explore.
    Look for the DB2 shortcuts. Drag them on Desktop (at the top) and choose
    Create shortcuts.

    PM

    PM \(pm3iinc-nospam\) Guest