    Removed by Administrator
    Duncan Guest
    Moderated Post

  3. #3

    Default Re: New Voigtlander Pentax -Mount Body Released

    >From: "Jeremy" com
    >anyway.
    >
    >Open metering can be a Godsend if shooting at apertures smaller than f/3.5,
    >or shooting in any low-light situations, including indoors--either with
    >flash or available light.[/ref]

    Yes but you only use the meter when metering, you can still focus etc. with
    fully open aperture. The headache with stop-down metering was ending up with a
    viewfinder so dark you couldn't see the meter, a problem solved by LED
    indicators.
    Duncan Guest

  4. #4

    Why the hell does this asian product have made in Germany on it??!!

    George Mann
    George Guest

  5. #5

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:00:13 -0700, George Mann <com>
    wrote:

    Because your eyes (and/or brain) are "the hell" not working.
    "Germany" (NOT preceed by "made in") refers only to the place where
    the Voigtlander name originated.

    Rick
    lalil@lule.lo Guest

  6. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    lalil@lule.lo Guest
    Moderated Post

  7. #7

    On 18 Jul 2003 13:04:45 GMT, commercial (Duncan Ross)
    wrote:

    To maintain a clean profile? Anyway, Cosina does make a detachable
    hotshoe with a PC cord for the camera.

    Rick
    lalil@lule.lo Guest

  8. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jeremy Guest
    Moderated Post

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    lalil@lule.lo Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    drsmith Guest
    Moderated Post

  11. #11

    drsmith wrote:

    In the case of Sears, even more likely that they were Ricohs.

    --
    John Miller

    Fine day to work off excess energy. Steal something heavy.

    John Guest

  12. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    T Guest
    Moderated Post

  13. #13

    George Mann <com> wrote:

    Agree 100%. Maybe you should complain to the German company which has
    licensed the Voigtländer brand to Cosina.

    I believe it is called "Ringfoto".

    T Guest

  14. #14

    "Jeremy" <com> wrote:

    Trust Jeremy to say "Too little is known ..." and then go on to
    demonstrate his complete ignorance.

    T Guest

  15. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Geoffrey Guest
    Moderated Post

  16. #16

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 20:00:31 +0000 (UTC), com (Geoffrey
    S. Mendelson) wrote:

    Agreed - the CZJ Pancolar was a better lens than the standard Meyer
    Görlitz supplied with the camera.
    Andrew Guest

  17. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Jeremy Guest
    Moderated Post

  18. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Bandicoot Guest
    Moderated Post

  19. #19

    "Jeremy" <com> wrote:

    That is simply untrue. In the days when pro shooters still used
    Pentax (up to around 30 years ago), these so-called "third party"
    lenses were widely recognised as being of the highest optical quality.

    At that time, there were a great many people who knew precisely which
    lenses these were. I therefore find it quite astonishing that you
    don't - or at least claim not to.

    The problem seems to be that you, Jeremy, are as gullible now as you
    were then. You read biased commentary from individual writers who are
    known by people with *real knowledge* as bullters and charlatans
    with one eye always firmly focused on maintaining and growing
    advertising budgets from major manufacturers, yet you unquestioningly
    believe every word they tell you. They are widely discredited by
    people who test their own gear and report their own findings without
    any pressure from advertising budgets, but you still unquestioningly
    believe them.

    It's so very, very sad that you are unable to formulate your own
    opinions and are reduced to parroting the shill articles that you read
    in discredited magazines.

    This amply demonstrates your profound ignorance. I have no problem
    with the fact that you are so deeply ignorant; the problem is that you
    present your ignorance (based on zero personal knowledge and 100%
    gullibility when reading articles that shill for certain major
    manufacturers) as "advice" to others.

    Stop posting recycled lies now, Jeremy. Stop wasting people's time by
    peddling so much nonsense on here. Instead, use your time to test
    your own lenses and learn the truth - which is about as different from
    what you post as could ever be.

    T Guest

  20. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator