Professional Web Applications Themes

New Wacom Intuos2 Driver for OSX - Macromedia Freehand

Judy, Wacom has finally released a new driver for the Intuos2. I suggest you first remove the old driver. The new driver is a System Preferences pre pane. I've only been using it for a few hours, but it's supposed to be fast user switching friendly. Time will tell!...

  1. #1

    Default New Wacom Intuos2 Driver for OSX

    Judy,

    Wacom has finally released a new driver for the Intuos2. I suggest you first
    remove the old driver. The new driver is a System Preferences pre pane. I've
    only been using it for a few hours, but it's supposed to be fast user
    switching friendly. Time will tell!

    Bruce Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: New Wacom Intuos2 Driver for OSX

    Bruce Kieffer wrote:

    Thanks Bruce. I'll take it for a spin.

    Judy Arndt

    Judy Guest

  3. #3

    Hey, thanks. Having the tablet settings in System Preferences is better
    and the settings are easier to understand.

    Just wondering, I use the pen at set to simulate the mouse so I can pick
    it up and move it to whatever area I want on the screen. Setting it to
    pen makes it in a one-to-one ratio between the tablet and the designated
    screen area. Do others use the pen like this? Am I missing something?

    D. Guest

  4. #4

    D. Plank wrote:

    I've got two monitors hooked up to my computer at work so I find mapping
    the screen area to the tablet saves me a TON of time moving the cursor
    around.

    I have noticed that double-clicks seem to be slightly different with the
    new driver so I'm trying to get the settings adjusted so it works fairly
    reliably.
    Wes Guest

  5. #5

    Well, unfortunately after waiting nine months for Wacom to release a new
    driver for the Intuos2, I find that the new driver still does not work with
    fast user switching on my G5. After switching users back and forth a few
    times, the systems mouse over behavior gets messed up. Mainly this is
    noticed when mousing over in Safari, but it is system wide and affects how
    menus react to mouse overs. The only solution is to restart. So for now I
    will go back to having my other users use the Apple mouse the came with the
    G5. I'd be curious if others have experienced this problem.

    Bruce Guest

  6. #6

    Do you mean that you map the pen to only one monitor?

    Maybe it is from years of using a mouse that I can't get used to using
    the pen with a mapped area. This may be hard to explain. When I use the
    pen with a mapped area, if you are working on the edge of the screen you
    must work on the edge of the tablet. In mouse mode, if you get close to
    the edge of the tablet, you can pick up the pen, move it to the center
    of the tablet and then set the pen down in the same area.

    I know that the pen mode can be better for tracing since it is a one to
    one ratio between the screen and the tablet.

    Wes Rand wrote:

    > I've got two monitors hooked up to my computer at work so I find mapping
    > the screen area to the tablet saves me a TON of time moving the cursor
    > around.
    >
    > I have noticed that double-clicks seem to be slightly different with the
    > new driver so I'm trying to get the settings adjusted so it works fairly
    > reliably.[/ref]
    D. Guest

  7. #7

    I use a G4 and an Intuos 2 but I do not use Safari and I am the only
    user. Sorry I can not give you information regarding your situation. Did
    you do the uninstall first? Maybe purging some system prefs would help?

    D. Guest

  8. #8

    D. Plank wrote:

    No, the desktop area is both monitors and they get mapped to the tablet.
    And I have no trouble working on the edge the tablet though I can
    understand if that bugs you. For me it bugs me when I have to drag the
    cursor from the right side of the right monitor to the left side of the
    left monitor to click a button. Just moving the pen and clicking saves
    me a ton wear and tear on the wrist.
    Wes Guest