Professional Web Applications Themes

Newbe needs help. - ASP.NET Web Services

Here is my question: I have a webservice that "expose " a function "PutPhoto". This function is used by an asp.net app to send a photo . Putphoto get the photo as an array of bytes and image.Type and write the picture to a folder on the local system(The system where the web service is running). My problem is that this works only when the web app and the web service are located on the same system. But it does not work when the web application is on an other server. Can anyone explain why? I have double checked the ...

  1. #1

    Default Newbe needs help.

    Here is my question:

    I have a webservice that "expose " a function "PutPhoto".

    This function is used by an asp.net app to send a photo .
    Putphoto get the photo as an array of bytes and image.Type and write
    the picture to a folder on the local system(The system where the web service
    is running).

    My problem is that this works only when the web app and the web service are
    located
    on the same system.

    But it does not work when the web application is on an other server.

    Can anyone explain why?

    I have double checked the configurations and it is not a path issue...

    Any help will be so much appreciated.

    Thanks

    J.B.

    bredal Jensen Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Newbe needs help.

    What exception you got? SoapException?

    "bredal Jensen" <bred.jenmimosa.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях следующее:

    > Here is my question:
    >
    > I have a webservice that "expose " a function "PutPhoto".
    >
    > This function is used by an asp.net app to send a photo .
    > Putphoto get the photo as an array of bytes and image.Type and write
    > the picture to a folder on the local system(The system where the web
    service
    > is running).
    >
    > My problem is that this works only when the web app and the web service
    are
    > located
    > on the same system.
    >
    > But it does not work when the web application is on an other server.
    >

    > Can anyone explain why?
    >

    > I have double checked the configurations and it is not a path issue...
    >

    > Any help will be so much appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > J.B.

    Kondratyev Denis Guest

  3. #3

    the code is placed in a try and catch block on the client machine but no
    exception was
    throuwn.
    "Kondratyev Denis" <infovisualdesign.ru> wrote in message
    > What exception you got? SoapException?
    >
    > "bredal Jensen" <bred.jenmimosa.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
    > >

    > > Here is my question:
    > >
    > > I have a webservice that "expose " a function "PutPhoto".
    > >
    > > This function is used by an asp.net app to send a photo .
    > > Putphoto get the photo as an array of bytes and image.Type and write
    > > the picture to a folder on the local system(The system where the web
    > service
    > > is running).
    > >
    > > My problem is that this works only when the web app and the web service
    > are
    > > located
    > > on the same system.
    > >
    > > But it does not work when the web application is on an other server.
    > >

    > > Can anyone explain why?
    > >

    > > I have double checked the configurations and it is not a path issue...
    > >

    > > Any help will be so much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > J.B.

    bredal Jensen Guest

  4. #4

    I dont understand. Are you cant web service method? Or you call WS method,
    but your web service dont work correctly and exceptions dont throw in
    client?
    Can you debug your service in this server?

    > the code is placed in a try and catch block on the client machine but no
    > exception was
    > throuwn.
    > "Kondratyev Denis" <infovisualdesign.ru> wrote in message
    > > What exception you got? SoapException?
    > >
    > > "bredal Jensen" <bred.jenmimosa.com> сообщил/сообщила в новостях
    > > >

    > > > Here is my question:
    > > >
    > > > I have a webservice that "expose " a function "PutPhoto".
    > > >
    > > > This function is used by an asp.net app to send a photo .
    > > > Putphoto get the photo as an array of bytes and image.Type and write
    > > > the picture to a folder on the local system(The system where the web
    > > service
    > > > is running).
    > > >
    > > > My problem is that this works only when the web app and the web
    service
    > > are
    > > > located
    > > > on the same system.
    > > >
    > > > But it does not work when the web application is on an other server.
    > > >

    > > > Can anyone explain why?
    > > >

    > > > I have double checked the configurations and it is not a path issue...
    > > >

    > > > Any help will be so much appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > >
    > > > J.B.

    Kondratyev Denis Guest