Professional Web Applications Themes

[Newbie] "failed ro read /modules/mosules-info" - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

Sorry, Subject should have read "failed ro read /modules/modules-info" On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:44:09 +0200, St Bernard <dgNOSPAMbroadNOSPAMpark.no> wrote: >Hello, I have been trying to install a sever/gateway system based on >RedHat 7.3 from a company [url]http://www.easilize.com[/url]. >I downloaded and successfully installed the free demo version and this >worked so well I decided to buy their "full" system for $99 dollars so >I did. >Whenever I try and install either booting from CD or Floppy I end up >with: > >running /sbin/loader >failed to read modules/modules-info >install exited abnormally >sending termination signals..done > >O.K. I was maybe a fool ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: [Newbie] "failed ro read /modules/mosules-info"

    Sorry, Subject should have read "failed ro read /modules/modules-info"

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:44:09 +0200, St Bernard
    <dgNOSPAMbroadNOSPAMpark.no> wrote:
    >Hello, I have been trying to install a sever/gateway system based on
    >RedHat 7.3 from a company [url]http://www.easilize.com[/url].
    >I downloaded and successfully installed the free demo version and this
    >worked so well I decided to buy their "full" system for $99 dollars so
    >I did.
    >Whenever I try and install either booting from CD or Floppy I end up
    >with:
    >
    >running /sbin/loader
    >failed to read modules/modules-info
    >install exited abnormally
    >sending termination signals..done
    >
    >O.K. I was maybe a fool to buy this product but I do not know much
    >about either Linux or running servers, I have a domain/mail address I
    >want to run from my broadband line at home.
    >
    >I have re-downloaded several times and burned out onto different types
    >of discs , nothing helps.
    >
    >Their support staff or any other staff for that matter seem to have
    >bugged out I have sent a stream of e-mail complaints the last 48 hrs
    >with no reply, mybe I have been duped.
    >
    >I suspected at first a corrupt file or disc but as I am receiving zero
    >response from them I can't try to download from any othe link/mirror.
    >
    >Any suggestions would be appreciated, apart from ones telling me I
    >should shoot myself for being so dumb :-)
    >
    >Thanks

    St Bernard Guest

  2. #2

    St Bernard <dgNOSPAMbroadnospampark.no> wrote:
    > Sorry, Subject should have read "failed ro read /modules/modules-info"
    I think you mean 'should have read "failed to read /modules/modules-info"'

    Peter
    Peter T. Breuer Guest

  3. #3

    The best advise I can give you is to buy a good Linux distro.
    I have tried several in the past like Redhat, Mandrake and SuSE.
    My experiences with SuSE are best. Everything is working right out of the
    box.
    SuSE is now running on several workstations, servers and a router.
    I am very happy with the reliability and stability of this distro,
    currently 8.2.
    Setting up a workstation or server is really simple.
    The workstation I work on now has a development box with lots of servers,
    development tools and applications for CD Burner, USB Scanner, USB printer,
    USB digital camera.
    All working flawlessly.
    You can buy one at Amazon.

    --
    John Zoetebier
    Web site: [url]http://www.transparent.co.nz[/url]

    On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 10:44:09 +0200, St Bernard
    <dgNOSPAMbroadNOSPAMpark.no> wrote:
    > Hello, I have been trying to install a sever/gateway system based on
    > RedHat 7.3 from a company [url]http://www.easilize.com[/url].
    > I downloaded and successfully installed the free demo version and this
    > worked so well I decided to buy their "full" system for $99 dollars so
    > I did. Whenever I try and install either booting from CD or Floppy I end
    > up
    > with:
    >
    > running /sbin/loader
    > failed to read modules/modules-info
    > install exited abnormally
    > sending termination signals..done
    >
    > O.K. I was maybe a fool to buy this product but I do not know much
    > about either Linux or running servers, I have a domain/mail address I
    > want to run from my broadband line at home.
    >
    > I have re-downloaded several times and burned out onto different types
    > of discs , nothing helps.
    >
    > Their support staff or any other staff for that matter seem to have
    > bugged out I have sent a stream of e-mail complaints the last 48 hrs
    > with no reply, mybe I have been duped.
    >
    > I suspected at first a corrupt file or disc but as I am receiving zero
    > response from them I can't try to download from any othe link/mirror.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated, apart from ones telling me I
    > should shoot myself for being so dumb :-)
    >
    > Thanks

    John Zoetebier Guest

  4. #4

    Peter T. Breuer wrote:
    > St Bernard <dgNOSPAMbroadnospampark.no> wrote:
    >> Sorry, Subject should have read "failed ro read /modules/modules-info"
    >
    > I think you mean 'should have read "failed to read /modules/modules-info"'
    ..... maybe the 'ro' means READ ONLY :))

    Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, # Black holes result
    skydiver, and author: "Inside Linux", # when God divides the
    "C++ HowTo", "C++ Unleashed" # universe by zero

    mjt Guest

  5. #5

    John
    I have SuSE 8.2 running nicely as a workstation installed from
    FTP but I find the Server "bits" somewhat advanced for my Linux
    knowledge level so I thought a "ready made" setup would be worth
    buying :-(
    I have sent about 50 e-mails to the firm over the last 3 days
    without any response, oh well you live and learn but I miss my $99 !

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 21:33:15 +1200, John Zoetebier
    <john.zoetebiertransparent.co.nz> wrote:
    >The best advise I can give you is to buy a good Linux distro.
    >I have tried several in the past like Redhat, Mandrake and SuSE.
    >My experiences with SuSE are best. Everything is working right out of the
    >box.
    >SuSE is now running on several workstations, servers and a router.
    >I am very happy with the reliability and stability of this distro,
    >currently 8.2.
    >Setting up a workstation or server is really simple.
    >The workstation I work on now has a development box with lots of servers,
    >development tools and applications for CD Burner, USB Scanner, USB printer,
    >USB digital camera.
    >All working flawlessly.
    >You can buy one at Amazon.
    St Bernard Guest