Professional Web Applications Themes

Newbie: Showing content with the click of a button...? - Macromedia Flash

Okay I'll try and explain what i want to do... Basically I want to make a very simple site with flash where I have 4 buttons on the left which when clicked open up content to the right of them. Imagine an HTML page with 4 links on the left and an iframe to the right of it which loads html pages inside it when the links are clicked.... I also want to fade these pages in (alpha 0 -> 100%) when they load and then when the next link is clicked the current page fades out and the next ...

  1. #1

    Default Newbie: Showing content with the click of a button...?

    Okay I'll try and explain what i want to do...

    Basically I want to make a very simple site with flash where I have 4
    buttons on the left which when clicked open up content to the right of them.

    Imagine an HTML page with 4 links on the left and an iframe to the right of
    it which loads html pages inside it when the links are clicked....

    I also want to fade these pages in (alpha 0 -> 100%) when they load and then
    when the next link is clicked the current page fades out and the next piece
    of content loads and fades in like the last one did. I'm guessing a bit of
    actionscript would be needed for this?

    I know its super simple but I cant seem to find anywhere on the web with a
    guide on how to do it.

    Anyone know of such a place of could show me themselves?

    Aqueousdan Guest

  2. #2

    You can actually do this very simple.
    for every page you want to show create a new swf with preloader if you like.
    create the transition you want.(the fade in and fade out.)
    At the point the fade in transition is finished make a keyframe with
    Stop() as action. than create the fade out and at the last frame also a
    stop() action.

    Now create an empty movie on the spot where you want the page to be loaded
    and put a action script like this on every button.
    There is an actionscript indeed.

    on(release) {
    empty_movie.moviename.nextFrame();
    unloadMovie(empty_movie)
    loadMovie("movie.swf", "empty_movie");
    }
    the loaded movie will play fadeout and unload on which the selected movie
    will load and start to play untill it reaches the first stop command.

    etc..

    I didn't test this, but it should work, maybe it needs minor adjustments.

    Erik

    "Aqueousdan" <danhappylobsterREMOVE.co.uk> schreef in bericht
    > Okay I'll try and explain what i want to do...
    >
    > Basically I want to make a very simple site with flash where I have 4
    > buttons on the left which when clicked open up content to the right of
    them.

    > Imagine an HTML page with 4 links on the left and an iframe to the right
    of
    > it which loads html pages inside it when the links are clicked....
    >
    > I also want to fade these pages in (alpha 0 -> 100%) when they load and
    then
    > when the next link is clicked the current page fades out and the next
    piece
    > of content loads and fades in like the last one did. I'm guessing a bit of
    > actionscript would be needed for this?
    >
    > I know its super simple but I cant seem to find anywhere on the web with a
    > guide on how to do it.
    >
    > Anyone know of such a place of could show me themselves?

    Monique van Kruiselbergen Guest

  3. #3

    "Monique van Kruiselbergen" <mvankruiselbergenplanet.nl> wrote in message
    > You can actually do this very simple.
    > for every page you want to show create a new swf with preloader if you
    like.
    > create the transition you want.(the fade in and fade out.)
    > At the point the fade in transition is finished make a keyframe with
    > Stop() as action. than create the fade out and at the last frame also a
    > stop() action.
    >
    > Now create an empty movie on the spot where you want the page to be loaded
    > and put a action script like this on every button.
    > There is an actionscript indeed.
    >
    > on(release) {
    > empty_movie.moviename.nextFrame();
    > unloadMovie(empty_movie)
    > loadMovie("movie.swf", "empty_movie");
    > }
    > the loaded movie will play fadeout and unload on which the selected movie
    > will load and start to play untill it reaches the first stop command.
    >
    > etc..
    >
    > I didn't test this, but it should work, maybe it needs minor adjustments.
    >
    > Erik

    Many thanks Erik!

    I'll be giving this a try on monday, hopefully itll work for me

    thanks again

    Dan

    Aqueousdan Guest