Professional Web Applications Themes

Newbie to Coldfusion - Coldfusion - Getting Started

Hi, I am very new to cf and reasonably new to web dev, I have installed cf so I could use it to connect to my db (dah) however, when I try to connect with dreamweaver mx 2004 it says that cf is not running. When I set up a new site def it dosn't detect cf on my mechine. So I went into Admin thinking it was because I had not set this up, this is when I came to a stubling block, it asked for a web severice name and url which I assumed was my site, this ...

  1. #1

    Default Newbie to Coldfusion

    Hi, I am very new to cf and reasonably new to web dev, I have installed cf
    so I could use it to connect to my db (dah) however, when I try to connect with
    dreamweaver mx 2004 it says that cf is not running. When I set up a new site
    def it dosn't detect cf on my mechine. So I went into Admin thinking it was
    because I had not set this up, this is when I came to a stubling block, it
    asked for a web severice name and url which I assumed was my site, this is not
    so as it never worked. Could someone please tell me where I am going wrong, I
    have researched & can tell you what when and if all about wsdl but this
    hasn't got me any closer to running/ intergrating cf within dreamweaver. I am
    fluent in all macromedia packages as I have and use em all so this is my last
    frontier and cant figue it out for the life of me. This is an urgent problem
    as it has completly stopped work on the site until I get the problem fixed as
    what needs to be done can only be done using cf and you know what they
    say......Time is money and my backside!! Regards n thanks Tess.

    TessWatt Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Newbie to Coldfusion

    Sorry, I am running Windows XP my server is running linux
    TessWatt Guest

  3. #3

    I have had some idea of where the problem is, I am not sure if Coldfusion has
    an .exe file but I dont have one so there is nothing to launch, there is an
    icon for it however it is just a image so I think there must be something to
    execute or there would be in icon right?. Can someone...anyone help me. Is
    there anywhere I can dowload cf with a normal set up program rather than the
    install anywhere program? Thanks in advance Tess

    TessWatt Guest

  4. #4

    Firstly coldfusion needs to be installed on your machine, and configured to
    run either in standalone mode, or integrated within IIS.

    If the former case then your websites will be stored in C:\CFusionMX\wwwroot
    and will be accessed via http:\\localhost:8500\webname. If the later you can
    save them to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ and access them from [url]http://localhost[/url]

    Then in DW you need to define that the site is a Cold Fusion one and point
    the testing server to the correct place.

    If after doing this it is still not working them have a look to see if the
    service is running. To do this go to the Control Panel, Click on the
    Administrative Tools and then on Services. Check for the Cold Fusion
    Services and particularly that they are started.

    --
    Regards

    Paul Whitham
    Macromedia Certified Professional for Dreamweaver MX2004
    Valleybiz Internet Design
    [url]www.valleybiz.net[/url]

    Team Macromedia Volunteer for Ultradev/Dreamweaver MX
    [url]www.macromedia.com/support/forums/team_macromedia[/url]

    "TessWatt" <webforumsusermacromedia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I am very new to cf and reasonably new to web dev, I have installed
    cf
    > so I could use it to connect to my db (dah) however, when I try to connect
    with
    > dreamweaver mx 2004 it says that cf is not running. When I set up a new
    site
    > def it dosn't detect cf on my mechine. So I went into Admin thinking it
    was
    > because I had not set this up, this is when I came to a stubling block, it
    > asked for a web severice name and url which I assumed was my site, this is
    not
    > so as it never worked. Could someone please tell me where I am going
    wrong, I
    > have researched &amp; can tell you what when and if all about wsdl but
    this
    > hasn't got me any closer to running/ intergrating cf within dreamweaver. I
    am
    > fluent in all macromedia packages as I have and use em all so this is my
    last
    > frontier and cant figue it out for the life of me. This is an urgent
    problem
    > as it has completly stopped work on the site until I get the problem fixed
    as
    > what needs to be done can only be done using cf and you know what they
    > say......Time is money and my backside!! Regards n thanks Tess.

    Paul Whitham TMM Guest