Professional Web Applications Themes

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Changeing Eye/Hair color

Your Message

Click here to log in

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • October 11th, 01:36 AM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    lol it worked... i didn't think it was so easy, actually i never even used adjustment layers till like last week.. thanks you :)
  • October 11th, 01:12 AM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    I never expected so many responses :).. I thank everyone, and thanks u emma for helping me out also.. I'm going to practice on your tutorial. I have two other quick questions though

    1. Would this also be used for like hair and lipstick color?
    2. I understood everything you explain, but what exactly does feather do, and why would you use it?

    Thanks :)
  • October 10th, 09:16 PM
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    But you can apply your hue/saturation adjustments on an adjustment layer without cutting or copying your selection at all. Sandy is right, though, you can do it that way and there are probably a hundred ways to do it. But here <http://www.geocities.com/melissa_14_27/eyecolorchange.htm> is a quick tut I threw together on how to use adjustment layers the way I described to do this.

    Hope this helps!
    ~Em
  • October 10th, 08:21 PM
    sandy_johnson@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Don't cut out the eyes. You can select with magic wand, feather selection a bit, copy/paste on new layer and adjust the H&S or curves. Or you could paint on a new layer using color instead of normal. There's probably a dozen other ways too.
  • October 10th, 08:19 PM
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    No, select the eyes with your marquee tool. Switch to QuickMask to clean up, feather, or adjust the selection. Switch back out of QuikcMask. Select Adjustment Layer>Hue & Saturation.

    Hope that helps. I was going to take apart the layered file from the examples I posted to show you but I didn't save it. Actually, I suppose I could do it again...
  • October 10th, 08:04 PM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    I have no idea what a gradient map adjustment layer is lol..... Now when i adjust the hue/sat on the eyes.... wouldn't that affect the whole picture?.. or would i cut out the eyes and put it on a new layer?
  • October 9th, 09:46 PM
    Philo_Calhoun@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Eyes: hue/sat and curve adjustment layers.
    Hair: probably best result is with gradient map adjustment layer.
  • October 9th, 03:00 PM
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Let me get back to you this afternoon about this when I have more time.

    ~Em
  • October 7th, 11:12 PM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    hmm... How would i adjust the local tone, I still quite new to some features is photoshop. See I was having the same problem douglas said i would be having... I was chaning the eye color by creating a new layer and then painting over the eye, then blending adjust the blending and opacity which now i see was a completly wrong approach lol.

    Emma what you did, is eactly what i was trying to accomplish, do you think there is any way i can get the psd file u used and maybe a note here and there so i can see what was done.

    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied and too the time to help me out .. I greatly appreciate it.

    oh and thanks for the link douglas, imma be reading the tutorials this weekend :)
  • October 7th, 11:03 PM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    hmm... How would i adjust the local tone, I still quite new to some features is photoshop. See I was having the same problem douglas said i would be having... I was chaning the eye color by creating a new layer and then painting over the eye, then blending adjust the blending and opacity which now i see was a completly wrong approach lol.

    Emma what you did, is eactly what i was trying to accomplish, do you think there is any way i can get the psd file u used and maybe a note here and there so i can see what was done.

    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied and too the time to help me out .. I greatly appreciate it.

    oh and thanks for the link douglas, imma be reading the tutorials this weekend :)
  • October 7th, 09:34 PM
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Yes, I was going to say what Douglas said. Here's <http://www.geocities.com/melissa_14_27/colorsample.htm> a sample I just did. The first image is the true coloring. I've adjusted not only the eye color on the subsequent examples, but also the tones in the face to create a more natural look.

    All I've used for this were adjustment layers (Hue/Sat & Curves).

    Good luck to you, I hope this made sense!

    ~Em
  • October 7th, 09:07 PM
    Douglas_Nelson@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    One of the most common reasons colorization doesn't look "right" is that
    the underlying tone isn't appropriate for the new color. Recolor brown eyes
    to blue and they'll look black or purple. Recolor a brunette to a blond and
    the hair will look light brown or even orange. In addition to simply
    applying the new color, a local tone adjustment also needs to be made in
    many cases to lighten or darken the area (instead of applying dark or light
    coloration).

    http://www.retouchpro.com
  • October 7th, 08:47 PM
    barry_gray@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Try curves in the individual channels.
  • October 7th, 08:34 PM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    Well its actually just for reference, i've seen be do great work with changing eye color... but i just can't seem to make it look natural
  • October 7th, 08:06 PM
    Emma_d_Anise@adobeforums.com

    Re: Changeing Eye/Hair color

    The answer is most likely not in the color choices you're making but the way you're doing it. Can you be more specific? What's your goal with the piece?
  • October 7th, 07:48 PM
    Anthony_Serrano@adobeforums.com

    Changeing Eye/Hair color

    What would be the best blend, and colors to use to make it look natural? I tried different variations but the eyes still look fake

  • You may post replies