Professional Web Applications Themes

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Plugin's !

Your Message

Click here to log in

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • October 17th, 06:51 PM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    are you able to see "hidden and system files"? you need to turn that ability on from windows explorer's tools menu.
  • October 16th, 08:44 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Dave/Pierre, despite computer search and an hours manual search there is no trace of either 'PluginCache.psp' or 'Additional Plug-ins' folders. have I exhausted all possibilities of solving this problem?
    Graham
  • October 14th, 12:01 AM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Didn't know the tilde trick pierre. I'll have to remember that. Thanks!

    "Did you learn something new on the Photoshop forum today?"

    a'yup. :)
  • October 13th, 02:36 PM
    Pierre_Courtejoie@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Some of the plug-ins are not found in the filters menu; for instance, the mmx core is a plug-in that accelerates some Photoshop tasks, it is not a special effect filter. You'll also find export modules, for export formats in the file menu, etc... it is normal not to find ALL the plug-ins in the filter menu...

    OTOH, If you've got an old operating system, (98, Me), it might limit the number of entries in your filter menu, and some filters might not appear at all in the list.

    Be careful also, if you've upgraded to V7 that you might be looking at the wrong folder. Another thing is the "Additional Plug-ins" folders that you've set in your preferences.
    Also the Folders starting with a tilde(~) are ignored by Photoshop. it is a good way of trouble shooting if you've got a lot of filters installed and you suspect one of them to crash Photoshop.
  • October 13th, 01:39 PM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    I've been unable to find the plugin cache, either in faq or on my pc any
    directions?

    what os are you using ghaham? it's in a different location for different systems. also it's in a hidden folder. you need to turn on show hidden and system files in windows explorer. the file should be under a folder called application data. here's the full path on an XP system:

    "C:\Doents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Settings"

    and the file is called: "PluginCache.psp"
  • October 12th, 09:42 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Dave, I deleted the preference file but no change to the filter menu. I've been unable to find the plugin cache, either in faq or on my pc any directions?
    Graham
  • October 12th, 01:31 AM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    have you tried deleting your prefrences per the faq? that solves a lot of strange problems. also there's a plugin cache file in the same directory as the ps settings (see the faq), delete that also. the list should be rebuilt the next time you start ps.
  • October 11th, 09:53 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Dave, no arrows up or down, grateful for your interest.
    Graham
  • October 11th, 08:56 PM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    graham, does the filter menu have a little arrow at the top or bottom? iirc when you have more filters than can be displayed at one time that happens and the menu scrolls...

    hth, dave
  • October 11th, 08:09 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Daryl,
    In my filters folder the sub-menu only lists those, as in your left hand column, down to 'other'. I have no more listed below that, as you do, although I have a great many listed in the 'about plug in' such as: Digimarc, Pr, Lizardtech, MMXCore, PCX etc.

    In my daily attempts to solve this problem if I go to My Computer and open the Adobe folder, as I go through each sub-folder I eventually arrive at folders marked 'Filters' and 'Plug-in's'(19MB) where all the above are listed but when I click on them to open them all that happens is that Photoshop7 opens and nothing else! I guess they are not 'installed correctly'?

    Many thanks for your help and patience.

    Graham
  • October 10th, 12:01 AM
    inmygarden@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Hello,

    I have a similar but different question that I hope someone can help with. I have Photoshop installed on my Laptop. I know in the past I have use the Render/Lighting Effects filter but now when I bring it up none of my styles are there. It is just blank or I can create my own. I have removed Photoshop completely (files and everything) and reinstalled. I installed this on another machine just to see if it worked and the lighting effect works perfect! Any clue on how I can get this working again? I see the files under the Program File folders - but they aren't registering with the program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

    Kim
  • October 9th, 10:58 PM
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Graham,

    Not knowing what plug-ins you have, it's hard to be of too much help, but did you review all the submenus of the Filter menu? Using Eye Candy 4000 as an example, each of its component plug-ins are listed in the About Plug-ins, but they are collectively grouped under the Filter > Eye Candy 4000 submenu as shown by this example. <http://jazzdiver.com/photoshop/plugin.gif>
    Regards,

    Daryl
  • October 9th, 08:47 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Daryl, many thanks, but a great many of the plugin's listed in that helpfile do not appear in the Filter menu?
    Graham
  • October 9th, 08:30 PM
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com

    Re: Plugin's !

    Graham,

    The "About Plug-ins" is only for identifying what plug-ins you have installed, just as you've seen. Most plug-ins fall under the Filter menu, although some may also be Export plug-ins.

    Regards,

    Daryl
  • October 9th, 07:53 PM
    Graham_Dear@adobeforums.com

    Plugin's !

    My first visit to forums. I have numerous plugin's on my PC, from cd's, downloaded etc and I thought I had loaded them into the Photoshop programme, but have been unable to use them. When I click on 'help' in Photoshop 7.0.1 I can see them listed under 'About plug in' but only displays the name and relevant details about any I point the cursor at, and then closes when I click on it?
    I am using WinXP. Help please!

  • You may post replies