Professional Web Applications Themes

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

Your Message

Click here to log in

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • October 13th, 10:15 PM
    barry_gray@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Photo-
    I had to dig out my old CIAB 6 to find it, I had forgotten too.
  • October 13th, 10:07 PM
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    barry,

    Right you are, I always forget it is also on the layer styles. It isn't available on the layers pallet though.
  • October 13th, 09:45 PM
    Mathias_Vejerslev@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Yes in the layer style dialog.

    I was the one that said check Layers Palette without noticing the question regarded PS6. I am sloppy. Forgive me.
  • October 13th, 09:40 PM
    Betty_Compagnoni@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Yes it is..
  • October 13th, 09:37 PM
    barry_gray@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Photo Help-
    Fill opacity is indeed available in PS 6 in the layer style dialog box under blending options
  • October 13th, 09:24 PM
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Mathias,

    It is kind of important to note since floobaloo made the post and most people ignored the fact that Photoshop 6.0 is being used.
  • October 13th, 09:05 PM
    Cheesefood@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Or render the type, make a selection, contract by X amount of pixels, select inverse and delete.
  • October 13th, 09:03 PM
    Mathias_Vejerslev@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    WeŽll keep that in mind.
  • October 13th, 08:48 PM
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Keep in mind that Fill Opacity was not an option in Photoshop 6.0 leaving the blending mode as a suitable solution in this case (As Long as the text color is black).
  • October 13th, 08:32 PM
    Mathias_Vejerslev@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Fill Opacity is located also on the Layer Palette, and doesnŽt affect effects (unless set).
  • October 13th, 10:40 AM
    barry_gray@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Easier yet is set fill opacity to 0%
  • October 13th, 10:38 AM
    floobaloo

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Thanks Colin, changing the blending mode to colour dodge works perfectly!

    Thanks,

    Floobaloo.co.uk
  • October 13th, 10:30 AM
    Betty_Compagnoni@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Hello, tried to open the layer style dialog box and in the advanced blending section to turn-off the fill opacity to 0%? It should retains the stroke. Hope it works.. bye
  • October 13th, 10:01 AM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Or, better:

    Change the blending mode of the text layer to Color Dodge. This means you still have vector text which can be changed.
  • October 13th, 09:54 AM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Here's my solution after a quick play. It is imperfect and was done on PS 7, so I don't know how good it'll be for you.

    I used the magic wand to select the text itself and deleted. However, this took out the stroke layer style too. So, I created an empty layer under the [rasterised] text layer and did a Merge Down. This incorporated the layer style as pixels and now the magic wand and delete works.
  • October 13th, 09:43 AM
    floobaloo

    Remove text but keep its stroke effect

    Hey all,

    I want to do something in Photoshop (6.0) which I can imagine will be easy but I just can't figue out how!

    I have a background (layer name 'Strobe') and a text block (text size 100, colour white, font Romeo, layer name 'Floobaloo') with a stroke effect (size 20, orange colour) on the text layer. What I want to do is remove the white colour of the text to leave just the orange stroke, and the background showing through where the white text was.

    I have tried rendering the text layer and then just erasing the white out; this just leaves pure orange text, I have also tried magic selecting the text and then deleting it; this has the same effect.

    I can supply screengrabs if you want.

    Many thanks in advance for your help,

    Floobaloo.co.uk

  • You may post replies