Professional Web Applications Themes

Reply to Thread

Post a reply to the thread: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

Your Message

Click here to log in

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • October 14th, 10:57 PM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    You may want to call Adobe customer service to make sure the license transfer
    works the same in the UK.

    seconded. as has been said. it's fine to transfer the license here in the us if the seller fills out and files the proper paperwork w/adobe. call and ask them the procedure for the uk. probably the same, maybe a different form though.

    i dont agree with people selling pirated or illegal software and any software
    i buy has to be legit

    you 'da man! :)

    dave
  • October 14th, 02:32 PM
    Rich_Beardsley@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    You may want to call Adobe customer service to make sure the license transfer works the same in the UK.
  • October 14th, 02:24 PM
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    am in uk yea the seller has a good profile youmay wonder why am asking all these questions its ebecause i dont agree with people selling pirated or illegal software and any software i buy has to be legit

    thanks for comments so far
  • October 14th, 02:19 PM
    Rich_Beardsley@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    You can transfer licenses. See here: <http://www.adobe.com/support/salesdocs/23e6.htm>

    This seller is in the UK, and will only post to the UK. The link I posted only mentions US and Canada, so I'm not sure what, if anything, is different for UK users.
  • October 14th, 02:04 PM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Scott:

    I would buy from him, but observe what he says about registering. I don't know if Adobe allow a "license transfer".
  • October 14th, 01:53 PM
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    what you think of this seller then <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3631115894&category=18 8>
  • October 14th, 10:57 AM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    If it's in a sealed, shrink-wrapped box, along with manuals etc., you are on somewhat safer ground.

    Also, on eBay, read the ratings by previous buyers. If they don't look "clean", don't buy.
  • October 14th, 10:38 AM
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    mean will they have older versions cheaper?????

    anyway if i was 2 buy from ebay can u guys at adobe show me what to look for to nake sure a seller is legit eg they have to sell the license aswell people have said to make sure they have box, license packaging etc ami right?
  • October 14th, 10:00 AM
    E._Segen@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Sure, just go to www.adobe.com

    but it won't be an OEM version since they wouldn't be selling any hardware to attach it to.
  • October 14th, 09:57 AM
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    By any chance can i buy direct from adobe ???
  • October 14th, 09:09 AM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    2 comments:

    1) I have successfully purchased a shrink-wrapped, unused, legal "old" version of PS via eBay. Maybe I just got lucky.

    2) I am 99.9% sure that there was an OEM version of full PS, but I think it was PS 6. It was offered with a Kodak camera a couple of years back. It was such a good deal that I thought of buying it, as it was "PS with a free camera" [in effect].
  • October 14th, 02:37 AM
    Ol__Whozit@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    "DAN WYKES - 04:09pm Oct 13, 2003 Pacific (#9 of 10)

    i'll giv u some help here;s my email address. com , it envolves downloading... "

    Now if THAT doesn't look like an offer to download a version of PS, I'm Britney Spears!!!
  • October 14th, 02:02 AM
    Don_McCahill@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Scott

    There really aren't that many "older versions" of Photoshop available. You see, when a user upgrades to a new version, they do not have the right to sell the old ones. There is a single license number for both.

    Thus, only if someone buys PS and later stops using it entirely will a legitimate used copy become available.
  • October 13th, 11:09 PM
    DAN_WYKES@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    i'll giv u some help here;s my email address. com , it envolves downloading...
  • October 13th, 10:18 PM
    scott_pepper@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Thanks for replys guys ok is there anywhere in the UK / Europe that will sell older verisions of photoshop eg version 3, 4, 5 any idea of how much these may cost?
  • October 13th, 07:36 PM
    Cheesefood@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Kenneth,

    That place is infamous for selling pirated software.

    Watch out, they may have slipped a little spyware in it as well. Oh yeah, criminals now have your credit card info.
  • October 13th, 07:01 PM
    Rich_Beardsley@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Yes.
  • October 13th, 06:54 PM
    Kenneth_Bacon@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    A few months ago I purchased Adobe Photoshop 7 from a spam type promotion that kept appearing in my in box. The program installed and works OK except for "HELP" which always returns a message saying the page is unavailable. Checking with ADOBE, I was told that the serial number was incorrect and I was referred to this forum. The page with my disk which provided the serial number mentioned that it was an OEM version. From the previous comments, am I to infer I purchased a pirated copy? The product came from LES Distributors, 9811 W. Charleston, Suite 2-177, Las Vegas, NV 89117.

    I'd never purchase software from an individual but this appeared to be a ligitimate business and the offer was being widely advertised for some period of time so it would have seemed easy for ADOBE to catch if not legitimate.

    Comments?
  • October 13th, 03:30 PM
    Robert_Barnett@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    Scott,

    As Dave said I don't think Photoshop 7 is available OEM. I haven't seen any
    hardware being a high end scanner or digital camera that comes with a full
    version of Photoshop. I think this is part of the reason they created
    Photoshop Elements as it is a more affordable alternative for OEM
    distribution.

    That said even if it was a true full legit OEM version it is illegal to sell
    OEM software without the hardware it was licensed for. In this case usually
    a scanner or digital camera. So I would say pass it up.

    Also, I can't really recommend buying software on eBay. You may think you
    are getting a good deal but 9 times out of 10 your end up getting shafted
    and this is one time when seller ratings don't matter as people that don't
    care if it is legal or not maybe happy with what they got as long as it
    installs and works.

    Robert

  • October 13th, 01:50 PM
    dave_milbut@adobeforums.com

    Re: Buying an OEM version of photoshop

    it's pirated. you'll never be able to upgrade it. see your other thread.
This thread has more than 20 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

  • You may post replies