Professional Web Applications Themes

Your Message

Click here to log in

Send Trackbacks to (Separate multiple URLs with spaces)

You may choose an icon for your message from this list

Topic Review (Newest First)

  • October 18th, 04:40 PM
    Daryl_Pritchard@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Chinthaka,

    I was also thinking that perhaps you are referring to frames in ImageReady, in that you might be working on an animation? If so, then maybe it would help to think of each frame as a collection of visible layers. That is, select one frame and then move to the layers palette and hide any layers whose edited effects you do not want contributing to the visible image. Repeat for all the other frames. When you Save Optimized as an animated GIF, each frame will be a flattened image representing the layers you left visible for that instance in time.

    Regards,

    Daryl
  • October 18th, 03:42 AM
    Patty_Clarke@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Chinthaka,

    I could be totally off base here, but I get the "feeling" that maybe you are talking "frames" in Image Ready rather than layers in photoshop---maybe a little more info would help us to help you.

    "Hope this Helps" (heh heh)

    Patty :)
  • October 18th, 12:53 AM
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    can someone actually show me the steps?
  • October 17th, 10:28 PM
    Photo_Help@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Colin,

    Keep in mind that grouping layers will only have an effect on the layer data itself. If you use layer styles you would like to be included that go outside of that area (like stroke, drop shadow, etc.) you are better off using a layer set.

    Also know that depending on how many layers you add an adjustment to and the opacity settings of each layer you could get very different results using groupings instead of sets.
  • October 17th, 09:23 PM
    Colin_Walls@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Or just alt-click on the boundary between the adjustment layer and the image layer in the layers palette.
  • October 17th, 08:51 PM
    Howard_Goldberg@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    I am sure that there are any ways to do this however I would open a new doent that is the same size and resolution as the original and drop the layer in question into that new doent. Do what ever you want to it, flatten it and drag it back into the original at the appropriate level and delete the original layer. Hope this helps. If I am wrong I am sure the list will let us know.

    Good luck,

    Bob
  • October 17th, 08:46 PM
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    how exactly do you do that?
  • October 17th, 08:32 PM
    Henry_Skinner@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Assuming you are talking about an adjustment layer... You can create a layer set of the layers you want the adjustment applied to and put the adjustment layer within the layer set.
  • October 17th, 08:17 PM
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    yes.
  • October 17th, 08:03 PM
    Henry_Skinner@adobeforums.com

    Re: How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    Are you reffering to layers when you use "frames"?
  • October 17th, 07:23 PM
    chinthaka_amarasinghe@adobeforums.com

    How do you edit one single frame without the effects being done to all of the frames?

    (topic)

  • You may post replies