Im creating a intranet for work, and to be organised i have created a folder
for each department that has a intranet area.

Now i have setup a news ticker that uses a xml file for its info and have come
to the conclusion that i need to have the xml file in all folders where pages
access this file, rather than having one news ticker (say at the root) and
writing in the code the location where the xml file is.

If i use the code below and copy the xml file in to all folders I have no
problem, but this is poor because to update the ticker on all paged I have to
change too many .xml files..

loadXML('ticker_news.xml');

This is what I would like to do, by having 1 xml file and linking maybe I have
the syntax wrong?? (apologies I am new to this?) this way I have to change one
file

loadXML('../ticker/ticker_news.xml')