Professional Web Applications Themes

NFS on Linux - Linux Setup, Configuration & Administration

HI, I am new to Linux..i just installed it and need to run NFS on it. Coudl someone pls tell me where I could download nfs server and client. and pointers installing it.. Do i need to compile the kernel or get patches for it. If so could someone in a very layman's language tell me how to go about it. It is my first exp with linux and I look forward to ur support. Thanx smith...

  1. #1

    Default NFS on Linux

    HI,
    I am new to Linux..i just installed it and need to run NFS on it.
    Coudl someone pls tell me where I could download nfs server and client. and
    pointers installing it..
    Do i need to compile the kernel or get patches for it.
    If so could someone in a very layman's language tell me how to go about it.
    It is my first exp with linux and I look forward to ur support.

    Thanx
    smith

    smita Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: NFS on Linux

    smita <reddy_smithahotmail.com> wrote:
    > I am new to Linux..i just installed it and need to run NFS on it.
    Then do so. Start rpc and the nfs server. The NFS HOWTO will tell you
    all you need to know. On your disk now - you just have to look for it
    and in it.
    > Coudl someone pls tell me where I could download nfs server and client. and
    Yes - anywhere and nowhere. It should come with your o/s.
    > pointers installing it..
    Do it.
    > Do i need to compile the kernel or get patches for it.
    Definitely - it's a good experience ;).
    > If so could someone in a very layman's language tell me how to go about it.
    No.
    > It is my first exp with linux and I look forward to ur support.
    Then stop making such silly posts.

    Peter
    Peter T. Breuer Guest

  3. #3

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 23:18:32 -0500, "smita" <reddy_smithahotmail.com>
    wrote:
    >HI,
    > I am new to Linux..i just installed it and need to run NFS on it.
    >Coudl someone pls tell me where I could download nfs server and client. and
    >pointers installing it..
    >Do i need to compile the kernel or get patches for it.
    >If so could someone in a very layman's language tell me how to go about it.
    >It is my first exp with linux and I look forward to ur support.
    >
    >Thanx
    >smith

    Have you even looked at the system since you "installed" it?
    Everything you need is already built in, and unless you made a major
    mess with the installation, should be ready to roll. The docs are
    there too. As for kernal recompile, unless you're using a really
    ancient version of linux (you don't mention what distribution or
    version you're using, which makes it impossible for anyone to help
    much), no.

    Mike-

    Mornings: Evolution in action. Only the grumpy will survive.
    Michael W. Cocke Guest

  4. #4

    Have you taken a listing of the processes on the machine. What I would do if
    I were in your place if do some reading before making a post in a news
    group.
    What I would expect from a newsgroup are pointers to very specific problems
    that I encounter for which enough doentation does not exist.
    Raj

    "smita" <reddy_smithahotmail.com> wrote in message
    > HI,
    > I am new to Linux..i just installed it and need to run NFS on it.
    > Coudl someone pls tell me where I could download nfs server and client.
    and
    > pointers installing it..
    > Do i need to compile the kernel or get patches for it.
    > If so could someone in a very layman's language tell me how to go about
    it.
    > It is my first exp with linux and I look forward to ur support.
    >
    > Thanx
    > smith

    Rajiv Gangadharan Guest