I have a Gateway Solo with an internal 3Com NIC. Upon
upgrade to XP Pro it says the device is not functioning.
When I remove the device and restart, it does not
recognize it as a 3COM device and tries to install some
generic device. After the upgrade I could browse files in
either direction from two computers connected through a
crossover cable. After attempting to reinstall the device
I am now unable to browse in either direction through the
card.
I went to the Gateway site and found the driver for the
card. It says that it is a part of WinXP. I located the
device in the list of NICs in WinXP and attempted to
install it. Upon completion I get the message that there
was a problem during installation "The device could not
start."
I have attempted installation while in XP as well as
letting it come up and detect the device and then pointing
it at the correct driver.
Can someone please help me?
Thanks,
Mike