Professional Web Applications Themes

nikkor 80- 200mm F4.5 AFD plastic mount version - Photography

Bhup wrote: > - I have one of lenses. I have been told that this is a junk lens. but > repeated test have I have done. by taking pictures of different scenes > etc. suggest that this is a sharp lens. have I just been lucky ? While you may BE lucky, there is a good bit more to lens quality than "sharp" (various aberrations, distortions, evenness of illumination, etc.). But if you're evaluating "sharp," the real question is, how many lines/mm does it resolve, both in the center and at the edge, compared with the best Nikkor 80-200 ...

  1. #1

    Default Re: nikkor 80- 200mm F4.5 AFD plastic mount version

    Bhup wrote:
    > - I have one of lenses. I have been told that this is a junk lens. but
    > repeated test have I have done. by taking pictures of different scenes
    > etc. suggest that this is a sharp lens. have I just been lucky ?
    While you may BE lucky, there is a good bit more to lens quality than
    "sharp" (various aberrations, distortions, evenness of illumination, etc.).

    But if you're evaluating "sharp," the real question is, how many lines/mm
    does it resolve, both in the center and at the edge, compared with the best
    Nikkor 80-200 product?

    --
    John Miller

    An idealist is one who helps the other fellow to make a profit.
    -Henry Ford

    John Miller Guest

  2. #2

    I have never done a lines per mm test
    maybe I should run a Black and white film throgh it, I do have a decent
    microspope to look at the negative
    But thataside he pictures produced look very sharp and contrasty
    "John Miller" <meprivacy.net> wrote in message
    > Bhup wrote:
    > > - I have one of lenses. I have been told that this is a junk lens. but
    > > repeated test have I have done. by taking pictures of different scenes
    > > etc. suggest that this is a sharp lens. have I just been lucky ?
    >
    > While you may BE lucky, there is a good bit more to lens quality than
    > "sharp" (various aberrations, distortions, evenness of illumination,
    etc.).

    > But if you're evaluating "sharp," the real question is, how many lines/mm
    > does it resolve, both in the center and at the edge, compared with the
    best
    > Nikkor 80-200 product?
    >
    > --
    > John Miller
    >
    > An idealist is one who helps the other fellow to make a profit.
    > -Henry Ford

    Bhup Guest

  3. #3

    If your content with having and using a lens, why look for faults that
    may cause you to become dissatisfied with a lens that you were once
    happy to have.

    Whatzamatter, you don't have enough problems in your life?

    Nick

    Bhup wrote:
    > I have never done a lines per mm test
    > maybe I should run a Black and white film throgh it, I do have a decent
    > microspope to look at the negative
    > But thataside he pictures produced look very sharp and contrasty
    > "John Miller" <meprivacy.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Bhup wrote:
    >>
    >>> - I have one of lenses. I have been told that this is a junk lens. but
    >>>repeated test have I have done. by taking pictures of different scenes
    >>>etc. suggest that this is a sharp lens. have I just been lucky ?
    >>
    >>While you may BE lucky, there is a good bit more to lens quality than
    >>"sharp" (various aberrations, distortions, evenness of illumination,
    >
    > etc.).
    >
    >>But if you're evaluating "sharp," the real question is, how many lines/mm
    >>does it resolve, both in the center and at the edge, compared with the
    >
    > best
    >
    >>Nikkor 80-200 product?
    >>
    >>--
    >>John Miller
    >>
    >>An idealist is one who helps the other fellow to make a profit.
    >> -Henry Ford

    NickC Guest

  4. #4

    Bhup wrote:
    > I have never done a lines per mm test
    > maybe I should run a Black and white film throgh it, I do have a decent
    > microspope to look at the negative
    > But thataside he pictures produced look very sharp and contrasty
    Satisfaction with the lens is what really counts.

    --
    John Miller

    Got Mole problems? Call Avogadro at 6.02 x 10^23.

    John Miller Guest