Professional Web Applications Themes

No access to on line help & tutorials. - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Carl Rhodes wrote: > Just installed Elememts 2.0. Am running WindowsXPHome Edition and > using AOL to get on Internet.Elements Home Page comes up and can be > navigated. When hitting Help or Tutorials, Internet Explorer > say's"cannot find \file C: Program%20 ****Make sure path or Internet > address is correct" Have downloded Knowledge base doent328575 and > solution 1 and 2 do not work. Help Please. You would be better off once onto AOL to use Internet Explorer itself, outside of AOL (if you can do this with the new version of AOL). Q...

  1. #1

    Default Re: No access to on line help & tutorials.

    Carl Rhodes wrote:
    > Just installed Elememts 2.0. Am running WindowsXPHome Edition and
    > using AOL to get on Internet.Elements Home Page comes up and can be
    > navigated. When hitting Help or Tutorials, Internet Explorer
    > say's"cannot find \file C: Program%20 ****Make sure path or Internet
    > address is correct" Have downloded Knowledge base doent328575 and
    > solution 1 and 2 do not work. Help Please.
    You would be better off once onto AOL to use Internet Explorer itself,
    outside of AOL (if you can do this with the new version of AOL).

    Quaoar Guest

  2. #2

    Chris,

    You must have used PhotoDeluxe bus 1.0 and I understand the feeling getting
    used to this new program.

    But hang in there and soon you will see the advantages of Photoshop Elements
    and how much more you can do with it.

    Concerning your question about Internet Explorer; If you have an earlier
    version you can get the latest version from MSN.com. I think the windows
    update link on your computer will identify that you have an older version
    and offer a download of latest version.

    If you have the latest version and it is not set as default; Go to start /
    control panel / internet options and change it. Most people that have this
    problem are using AOL and have that as the default browser. And that won't
    work.

    Pete

    Pete D Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks for the help! I downloaded IE, but it still only shows AOL as the only one under internet options? Any ideas?
    Chris Rockwell Guest

  4. #4

    Chris,

    Maybe this will work for you. Locate the file Iexplore.exe (which you say you downloaded, presumably because the copy which should have come with your computer was too old a version for PSE to use). Open up Internet Explorer, minimize it by clicking on the little box for minimize on the top right. I think that now when you click on help or tutorial you'll get what you should. These files are already on your computer, no need to be online.
    Nancy S Guest

  5. #5

    Chris,

    As Nancy stated, be sure that you have the full version of MS Explorer and have that established as your Internet Browser. AOL's version has been modified for "their" purposes and won't acknowledge HTML from outside of AOL for browser purposes. Help and Tutoring files in Elements (as well as many other new programs today) are in HTML format.

    Bob
    BobHill Guest