Professional Web Applications Themes

no attach to email in Panther? - Adobe Photoshop Elements

Could someone try this and see if it's working for you? Since upgrading to panther I can no longer use the attach to e-mail function in PE (not that it matters much). When I try to use it, it asks to autoconvert, then launches mail, but only gives me a blank mail doent with no attachment. Anyone else seeing this? Thanks....

  1. #1

    Default no attach to email in Panther?

    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: no attach to email in Panther?

    It's working for me, 'cept Photoshop Elements crashed once the email was completed. I'll try it again and see if it's consistent in crashing.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  3. #3

    Thanks, Mark. With me, it does convert the photo, but the attachment just evaporates before it gets put into the mail doc.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Barbara

    I did see that evaporation effect that you mention on one of my attempts.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  5. #5

    You know.....the recent threads on the various 'challenges' with Panther are
    not creating a groundswell of interest in switching. Has Mac lost its
    legendary simplicity and reliability??

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  6. #6

    Hi, Chuck. No, not at all, but there is still plenty of truth in the old saying that if you want to stay on the cutting edge of technology you're gonna bleed a little. :)

    Left to my own devices I would have waited a couple of months to go to Panther or to do any major system upgrade. By then they've found the bugs and fixed them.

    I waited quite a while to go to jaguar and didn't have a single problem with it. I presume that if I had given panther a bit more time to grow up (had no choice--told to upgrade), it would have been as smooth.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  7. #7

    Well not that this helps much, but it works just fine for me. No PSE crash and the image is attached and waiting to be sent.

    Joe
    Joe_Henry1000@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Barbara, OK. Just seems like there have been a few more 'hiccups' on the
    Mac scene lately than I saw a year ago. The price of progress, I suppose...
    For me, XP has represented a sea change in 'puter reliability vs. 98SE, so
    I'm a happy camper on the other side of the tracks.

    Chuck_Snyder@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    Joe, are you using mail.app or Entourage or something?

    seems like there have been a few more 'hiccups' on the Mac scene lately
    than I saw a year ago.

    Actually, I would say that overall things are more stable. I think it's just that more people are daring to jump right in these days. The number of panther complaints is a lot less than the amount of jaguar whining last year over at apple, that's for sure.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  10. #10

    Well, this is very strange. I've been trying again, and what it is doing now is that I still have the blank doc when it's done, but if I leave that one open and run attach to email again, it will paste the new conversion into the old doent and create a blank new one on top of it.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  11. #11

    Barb,

    I'm using Mail.

    Now that I think of it, the Attach to Email exhibited the same behavior, inlcuding your last post, during one of the 10.2.x updates. I can't remember which one but a subsequent update fixed it. It wasn't a big deal because I generally don't use the feature (due to the single image limit).

    It's weird, though, that you're experiencing the same thing in Panther, that I did in Jag. Hmmm...

  12. #12

    Barbara,

    My lastest attempt to send a larger file via attach email once again crashed Elements. Fortunately it is not one of my favorite feature of Elements and I send my photos via iPhoto.

    Otherwise my experience of Panther has been very positive.
    Mark_Reibman@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    Well, and Mark seems to be seeing something similar, too. I talked to someone using Entourage and he was fine, so who knows? Thanks, Joe.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    I'm not sure how to do it, but we (you) should post bug reports to Apple and Adobe regarding this repeatable bug.

    Bob? Mark Hiers?

    Steve
    Stephen_C._Smith@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    Wow, that is really strange, Barbara.

    I just tried testing Elements and Mail--I didn't even realize that feature existed before--and I'm seeing pretty much what you and Henry reported. And one more thing: If an empty Mail message is open and I try to send a picture from Elements, then the image appears--just for a second--in the e-mail, then a new empty mail message pops up on top, then the picture disappears(!) from the first e-mail.

    The first time I did this, Elements crashed and the Panther error report screen popped up and I logged the error with Apple. The second time I tried this, after I go back into Elements, the File menu pops up but it's BLANK. All the other menus are fine, but the File menu is completely blank. Looks like it's waiting for a return message from Mail but never gets it.

    But wait, there's more. The File menu is blank, but apparently it still works. I can get submenus to show (such as recently opened files list, import/scanning options, Picture Package, etc.) and they even work fine. Very bizarre.
    Lou_M@adobeforums.com Guest

  16. #16

    Stephen,

    Perhaps Mark Hiers can help with this one. I don't do MAC so can't help with problems specific to that platform. I don't see a problem with sending via mail on a PC with Outlook or Outlook Express however.

    Bob
    BobHill@adobeforums.com Guest

  17. #17

    Hi, Bob. No the problem appears to be specific to mail.app in Panther. Entourage or others are fine, even in panther, and attach to e-mail worked fine in jaguar. But I've had a bunch of people try this, and they are having trouble at the rate of about 5 people with problems to 2 okay if they use apple mail in panther.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    Barbara,

    It may well be due to the specific email option being used. The email direct option of Elements on a PC pretty much depends upon the use of Outlook or Outlook Express. Could this be the situation on a MAC? (not being Outlook, but something more common to the MAC)?

  19. #19

    No. It has worked fine with apple mail, which is the mac system mail (there is no OE for mac os x) in every version of X till panther.
    Barbara_Brundage@adobeforums.com Guest

  20. #20

    Thanks, Barbara

    Bob