Professional Web Applications Themes

No Audio - Macromedia Flash Player

Whenever I try to view a video that is a flash file on any browser of mine I cant get any audio. This issue has been occuring for a long time and its getting quite frustrating as lots of sites now use flash video, such as youtube. I've tried reinstalling my flash video program and getting a new one time and time again. This doesnt solve the problem. I believe the problem may have to do with a file I shouldnt have deleted. A few years ago I foolishly was trying to clear disk space on my computer and deleted ...

  1. #1

    Default No Audio

    Whenever I try to view a video that is a flash file on any browser of mine I
    cant get any audio. This issue has been occuring for a long time and its
    getting quite frustrating as lots of sites now use flash video, such as
    youtube. I've tried reinstalling my flash video program and getting a new one
    time and time again. This doesnt solve the problem. I believe the problem may
    have to do with a file I shouldnt have deleted. A few years ago I foolishly
    was trying to clear disk space on my computer and deleted a lot of files
    because of it. Its my guess that something I deleted was what caused audio for
    flash video files. Is there anything you guys recommend I install that might
    fix this problem? Thanks a lot.

    Cubberz Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: No Audio

    I'm haveing the same problem with a PC I just purchused. I've installed Flash
    Player 9. Uninstalled it. Reinstalled it. Nothing seems to work. Video works
    great, just no sound on any web page. Every other audio program works fine.

    eschrope Guest

  3. #3

    Can anyone help me with this question?
    Cubberz Guest

  4. #4

    Me too. On Linux Firefox 2.0.0.1.
    My old Flash Player would not have sound after I ran RealPlayer. But if I restarted Firefox it would work fine. Now nothing.
    M H Daredevil Guest

  5. #5

    Before starting anything, I strongly recommend reading everything here
    'including' my notes at the bottom!!!

    1. Click 'start'
    2. Click 'run'
    3. Type 'system32' (click 'OK')
    4. Click 'Macromed'
    5. Click 'Flash'
    6. Click 'FlashUtil9b'
    7. Click 'Install Now' (Adobe Update)
    8. Restart computer

    If the problem persists:

    1. Click 'start'
    2. Click 'run'
    3. Type 'regedit'
    4. Click 'My Computer'
    5. Click 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'
    6. Click 'SOFTWARE'
    7. Click 'Microsoft'
    8. Click 'Windows NT'
    9. Click 'CurrentVersion'
    10. Right click 'Drivers32'
    11. Go to 'new' and click 'string value'
    12. Type 'wavemapper'
    13. Click 'Enter'
    14. Right click 'wavemapper'
    15. Click 'Modify'
    16. Type 'msacm32.drv'
    17. Click 'Enter'
    18. Right click 'Drivers32'
    19. Go to 'new' and click 'string value'
    20. Type 'midimapper'
    21. Click 'Enter'
    22. Right click 'midimapper'
    23. Click 'Modify'
    24. Type 'midimap.dll'
    25. Click 'OK'
    26. Close the registry editor
    27. Enjoy your videos with sound (Restart not necessary)

    ***A word to the wise:

    While these step by step instructions will help anyone without any prior
    knowledge of computers whatsoever...the very first thing you should do is set a
    'Restore Point' so that if you experience any problems, you can 'roll back'
    your computer to where it was 'BEFORE' you started messing with the system
    registry. For the complete 'Newbie' here's how to do that:

    1. Click 'Start'
    2. Go to(point with mouse but don't click) 'All Programs'
    3. Go to 'Accessories'
    4. Go to 'System Tools'
    5. Click 'System Restore'
    6. Click 'Create A Restore Point'
    7. Click 'Next'
    8. Type 'Whatever you want...be creative and have fun' [I use 'Just messing
    with my system registry'] ;)
    9. Click 'Create'
    10. Follow whatever instructions your computer dictates...(for example
    'Restart' etc.)

    Notes:

    These notes pertain to a 'PC' running 'Windows XP Home Edition' with service
    pack 2, 'Internet Explorer 7' and 'Macromedia 9' installed. Where I refer to
    clicking in the above instructions; every 'PC' out of the box I've ever seen
    MUST be 'double clicked'. I've set mine to single clicking in case anyone tries
    to ask me, "Don't you mean 'double click'?" Further, and this is for the
    'Newbie', when you 'click' your mouse, it's mostly using the 'left' button.
    Therefore, I've specifically stated to 'right click' wherever it was required.
    Have fun with your computer and don't get stressed out...anytime you have a
    problem just remember you're probably not alone and someone 'out there' will
    have a solution for you. One easy way is to go to [url]http://www.Google.com[/url] and
    type your 'problem' in the search box. Cheers...

    dvdf62 Guest

  7. #7

    Thank you sooooooooooo much for the tips dvdf62. The second part of the instructions worked completely to fix my problem.
    Cubberz Guest

  8. #8

    Ancient chinese secret...sorry! I have my theories, but do not wished to be sued over them! ;)
    dvdf62 Guest

  9. #9

    Well, nobody was able to help me here or other places where I looked. So I reinstalled Flash 7 and I now have the sound back. I couldn't find a version 8 for Linux.
    M H Daredevil Guest

  10. #10

    > Well, nobody was able to help me here or other places where I looked. So I
    > reinstalled Flash 7 and I now have the sound back. I couldn't find a
    > version 8 for Linux.
    There is no version 8 for Linux.
    --
    Jeckyl

    Jeckyl Guest

  11. #11

    Thank you so much dvdf62. This totally fixed the audio problem for flash player and the sounds windows would make! I don't know how I would have fixed it otherwise.:grin;
    per977 Guest

  12. #12

    I'm not sure if it's related but I have no audio on any browser (IE, Opera or FireFox) on anything using flash player. Any tips would be greatly appreciated
    SOOPERDAVE22 Guest

  13. #13

    Many others have this exact same problem. The solution is to un-install Flash 9 and re-install Flash 7.

    aj51linux Guest