If you?re having difficulties with the ActiveX installer on IE these steps will
typically resolve the issue:
Try this first: Instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash
1. First download the uninstaller to your desktop from here
2. Before running this uninstaller be sure to read the instruction and close
all running programs.
3. Open the following folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
4. Run the uninstaller
5. What files are left in this folder? C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
6. If there are files left, delete the Flash folder.
7. Install the Flash Player from here: ]http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer
8. Test the Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/
Also check your Internet Explorer ActiveX settings
Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system
administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium:
Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure
that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and
plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".
To change your security level:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
3. Select the Security tab.
4. Select Custom Level.
5. Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
6. Set ' Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
7. Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.
If you are having trouble, make sure that your Internet Explorer security
level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of
Finally, it may be that you have incorrect permissions in the system registry:
To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.
Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.
1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registry
2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop
*** Make sure both files are on the desktop
3. Close out all applications
4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys
6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here: