Professional Web Applications Themes

No content after successfully installing Adobe Flash - Macromedia Flash Player

Spent most of the day trying to get content displayed on Yahoo movies and news website after installing Adobe Flash several times. Keep getting same messages that I need to install Adobe Flash. Followed instructions provide by Adobe and Darren McNally on Windows XP. Any suggestions?...

  1. #1

    Default No content after successfully installing Adobe Flash

    Spent most of the day trying to get content displayed on Yahoo movies and news
    website after installing Adobe Flash several times. Keep getting same messages
    that I need to install Adobe Flash. Followed instructions provide by Adobe and
    Darren McNally on Windows XP. Any suggestions?

    1957cyp Guest

  2. #2

    If you?re having difficulties with the ActiveX installer on IE these steps will
    typically resolve the issue:

    Try this first: Instructions for uninstalling and reinstalling the Flash
    Player:

    1. First download the uninstaller to your desktop from here
    http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157
    2. Before running this uninstaller be sure to read the instruction and close
    all running programs.
    3. Open the following folder C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    4. Run the uninstaller
    5. What files are left in this folder? C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash
    6. If there are files left, delete the Flash folder.
    7. Install the Flash Player from here: ]http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer
    8. Test the Flash Player here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about/

    Also check your Internet Explorer ActiveX settings

    Browser security settings should be chosen by you or by your system
    administrator. For single users who do not have an administrator, the Medium:
    Default Level allows you to view Flash content. For any Custom Level, ensure
    that both the "Download Signed ActiveX controls" and "Run ActiveX controls and
    plug-ins" options are set to "Prompt".

    To change your security level:

    1. Open Internet Explorer.
    2. Choose Tools > Internet Options.
    3. Select the Security tab.
    4. Select Custom Level.
    5. Find the section "ActiveX controls and plug-ins".
    6. Set ' Download Signed ActiveX Controls' to Prompt.
    7. Set 'Run ActiveX Controls And Plug-ins' to Prompt.

    If you are having trouble, make sure that your Internet Explorer security
    level is not set to High or to a custom level that does not allow viewing of
    ActiveX controls.

    Finally, it may be that you have incorrect permissions in the system registry:

    To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use
    Microsoft?s SubInACL tool.

    Please download Microsoft?s tool to your desktop.

    http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

    1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registry
    2. unzip the ?reset_minimal.cmd? and the ?subinacl.exe? to the desktop

    *** Make sure both files are on the desktop

    3. Close out all applications
    4. Run the ?reset.cmd? file
    5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys
    6. When it is finished it will say ?press any key to continue?
    7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

    http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

    Darren Guest

  3. #3

    Hi Darren:
    I will try your suggestion below. However, some how I feel that my problem is
    more a "registry permission" issue as stated in previous emails to s83982c that
    you communicated with on in April 2007. I went into the Regedit and right
    clicked on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT. Registry permission wasn't listed. I got my
    computer last year May from Dell--thus I have the latest XP as of 5/07. What
    are your thoughts?

    1957cyp Guest

  4. #4

    Darren: I followed your instruction and finally was able to get Adobe Flash to
    work on my computer. I think the key was downloading the uninstaller and
    storing it on my desktop and then closing all running applications before
    running the uninstaller.
    Thanks!
    1957cyp :brokenheart;:grin;

    1957cyp Guest