Professional Web Applications Themes

No Images in CF 7 Admin - Coldfusion Server Administration

I have just finished installing a fresh version of CF 7.0.2 on my clean Win 2003, IIS 6 server. I installed CF as a multiserver configuration and it all went well. I installed CF and all inetpub to the d drive... D:\inetpub\wwwroot\customWebHomefolder is the default website path D:\JRUN4 is where CF sits. I have the CFIDE folder in D:\customCFIDEfolder\ I created a virtual directory for customCFIDEfolder and pointed it to the corresponding folder. Now, CFIDE works fine, but none of the images are taking the customCFIDEfolder patch. When I look at the image properties they are pointing to customWebHomefolder/cfide How ...

  1. #1

    Default No Images in CF 7 Admin

    I have just finished installing a fresh version of CF 7.0.2 on my clean Win
    2003, IIS 6 server.
    I installed CF as a multiserver configuration and it all went well.
    I installed CF and all inetpub to the d drive...
    D:\inetpub\wwwroot\customWebHomefolder is the default website path
    D:\JRUN4 is where CF sits.
    I have the CFIDE folder in D:\customCFIDEfolder\
    I created a virtual directory for customCFIDEfolder and pointed it to the
    corresponding folder.
    Now, CFIDE works fine, but none of the images are taking the customCFIDEfolder
    patch.
    When I look at the image properties they are pointing to
    customWebHomefolder/cfide
    How do I get it to put in the correct path for the broken images in the admin
    console to match my IIS virtual directory???

    Fate Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: No Images in CF 7 Admin

    Nobody has this issue???
    Fate Guest

  3. #3

    Do you have a virtual folder called /CFIDE in IIS for the site that is accessing the CF adminstrator pointing to the physical CFIDE folder?
    If not, create one and see if it helps
    Abinidi Guest

  4. #4

    Yes, I created the folder in IIS pointing to the CFIDE folder.
    I can get to the administrator fine. The mapping work for navigating to the
    site, it is just the paths that the images in the admin are relating to does
    not map to the image location.
    I have re-setup IIS and CF (and the folder directories as follows, which works
    in our MX6.1 IIS 5 evironment.
    CFIDE folder:
    D:\customCFIDEfolder\
    IIS Virtual Directory:
    CFIDE which points to D:\customCFIDEfolder\
    CF mapping:
    /CFIDE which points to D:\customCFIDEfolder\CFIDE
    To do the CF mapping I went to the neo-runtime.xml file and changed it there...

    Same thing, admin itself works great, but all images are broken...

    The CF Admin URL on our 6.1 server looks something like this...
    [url]https://webroot/cfide/customCFIDEfolder/cfide/administrator/index.cfm[/url]
    On this server customCFIDEfolder is on the D drive with CFIDE underneath it,
    so CFIDE is at D:\customCFIDEfolder\CFIDE
    The IIS 5 Virtual Directory is called CFIDE and pointing to the D:\ drive
    and the CF mapping is /CFIDE which is pointing to D:\customCFIDEfolder\CFIDE

    It works perfectly on the old server, but the images don't work on the new CF
    server...

    P.S. - On a side not, I am running on the multiserver version and have two new
    instances created and grouped in a cluster, if that makes any difference.
    I also noticed that I can't access the primary CF Admin while the cluster is
    configured with the Web Configuration tool....

    Fate Guest

  5. #5

    Just thought I would let everyone know what my dumb solution to my problem was.
    I just copied the CFIDE directory into the webroot home and removed every file
    that was not an image.
    Images still path correctly in site but access to the pages themselves is
    hidden under a virtual mapping...

    Fate Guest