Professional Web Applications Themes

No of flash controls limitations in flash form - Coldfusion Flash Integration

Hi, I am facing problems with flash forms.. When a try to use more cfinputs the flash form is not getting displayed. Not sure if there is any limiattion that no of text controls that can be used in flash forms.. Or any setting in browser with flash limitations... Please suggest...

  1. #1

    Default No of flash controls limitations in flash form

    Hi,

    I am facing problems with flash forms.. When a try to use more cfinputs the
    flash form is not getting displayed.

    Not sure if there is any limiattion that no of text controls that can be used
    in flash forms..

    Or any setting in browser with flash limitations...

    Please suggest

    SaikumarD Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: No of flash controls limitations in flash form

    SaikumarD wrote:
    > I am facing problems with flash forms.. When a try to use more cfinputs the
    > flash form is not getting displayed.
    could be a syntax, etc. error. start w/1 & keep adding them until it breaks.
    double check the syntax for the one that breaks the form.
    PaulH *ACE* Guest

  3. #3

    Hi,

    There is a flash swf limit to 32 KB...

    I am not sure if this is causing the problem...

    Can any body help me if there any way we can increase the Flash limit from 32
    KB to higher value.

    Thanks

    SaikumarD Guest

  4. #4

    SaikumarD wrote:
    > There is a flash swf limit to 32 KB...
    you didn't say you were getting the 32kb limit error, you said the flash form
    wasn't rendering.

    if that's the case are you using any actionscript (including styles, binding,
    etc.)? you'll need to move that off to a function (using the cfformitem script
    type).

    PaulH *ACE* Guest

  5. #5

    Hi,

    My cfforms are not displaying any 32 KB error but a blank page is shown
    instead of that.

    I checked with whole code.. adding the cfinput as new item to working flash
    working resulted to blank page... So I assummed that it is the File limit
    error... My SWF in temporary internet files is showing as 34 KB....

    Do functions reduce the size... I am using action scripts as include files
    which has fucntions in it...

    I am not sure how bindings are shown in functions... they are set in the flash
    elements bind attribute....

    Is there any way that we can increase the 32 KB limit...

    can we change the limit in Cf server configuration files.....

    Thanks for your response...

    SaikumarD Guest

  6. #6

    SaikumarD wrote:
    > I checked with whole code.. adding the cfinput as new item to working flash
    > working resulted to blank page... So I assummed that it is the File limit
    working flash?
    > Do functions reduce the size... I am using action scripts as include files
    > which has fucntions in it...
    yes, especially if you use the same code over & over. in that case, most likely
    you have an error in the AS.
    > I am not sure how bindings are shown in functions... they are set in the flash
    > elements bind attribute....
    don't understand what you mean.
    > Is there any way that we can increase the 32 KB limit...
    no.
    PaulH *ACE* Guest

  7. #7

    Hi,

    Thanks for your reply.

    But I see that they say it can be 32KB or 64KB in lot of posts...

    Can we change any configuration CF server configuration to make it 64KB
    limit....

    Regards,

    Saikumar

    SaikumarD Guest

  8. #8

    You most likely have an error in your actionscript. Temporarily move the AS
    code into your flash form in place of the AS include. Hit the page and you'll
    likely see your error. For some reason, the error is not displayed in the
    browser if the error is within an external AS include. The form just doesn't
    load.

    Originally posted by: Newsgroup User
    SaikumarD wrote:

    > Do functions reduce the size... I am using action scripts as include files
    > which has fucntions in it...

    _silence Guest

  9. #9

    I have the same problem.

    But mine is due to the amount of <cfinput type="text">-fields. I have 31.
    Whatever text-field I delete so I get to the amount of 30, my application
    works fine.

    Hard to believe that's a Coldfusion limitation, though?

    pope on acid Guest