Professional Web Applications Themes

No Pagemaker Plugin for Creative Suite - Do I need to upgrade? - Adobe Indesign Windows

I bought Creative Suite before the inclusion of the Pagemaker plugin. Do I now have to buy the plugin separately, or is it available as an upgrade?...

  1. #1

    Default No Pagemaker Plugin for Creative Suite - Do I need to upgrade?

    paul_mountjoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  2. #2

    If you bought the entire CS then call Adobe. They'll send you the PM
    plugins for the cost of shipping.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  3. #3

    Oh, really? When I enquired they had no clue as to what I was talking about.
    Graham_Jerome@adobeforums.com Guest

  4. #4

    Again, you must have purchased the entire suite. If all you bought was
    ID you have to buy the plugins.

    If that's the case, call back and talk to a supervisor.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  5. #5

    I have a problem with that plugin pack because I've bought a
    US-version of the Creative Suite (Standard) in November 2003
    but the Adobe Store is only available to residents of the
    U.S., Puerto Rico, Guam, other U.S. territories, and Canada.
    I live in Denmark.

    Adobe Denmark can't help me because it's a US-version and
    Adobe USA wont ship it to me. It would be great if I could
    just download it from Adobe instead. It seems that it's
    possible to download it from the Adobe Store but I can't
    figure out how.
    <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/indesign/download_plugin.gif>

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

  6. #6

    The only way to get it via download is to pay for it.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  7. #7

    After 45 minutes on hold, they told me that expired January 12.
    Alan_Gold@adobeforums.com Guest

  8. #8

    Oh dear, that's bull. The PM-Plug-ins weren't even released then.

    Please folks, if you don't like the answer from Customer Service ask to speak to a supervisor.

    Dave
    Dave_Saunders@adobeforums.com Guest

  9. #9

    > Oh dear, that's bull.

    Actually the Danish customer support told me the same thing
    today. They didn't say anything about the date though but they
    told me, that the free offer of the PM plugin pack to customers
    of Creative Suite 1.0 is over.

  10. #10

    Ah, that could be true. If people are buying 1.0 now they should be returning to their dealer/supplier and demanding 1.1.

    There was a case discussed here recently where a dealer, once alerted to the existence of the PM Plug-ins (I believe that's the only functional difference) arranged to get it for a customer.

  11. #11

    Dave,

    I love Adobe products, but my average phone time to customer service (not tech support) seems to be around 45 minutes. I've got an old telephone handset that I kind of cradle with my neck when I'm on hold while I'm doing some other work, so I'm afraid it will be like my mother used to say, "If you cross your eyes they might get stuck" and I'll end up like a high-tech Quasimodo with a phone in my ear if I call again.

    A couple of the PM features sounded kind of neat, but I doubt if I'll live long enough to recoup the phone time invested with their increased efficiency (for my workflow).

    I told three people (one of them twice when she accidentally plucked me off of hold for the second time) that I understood from the user to user forum that the PM plugin was available to Premium CS owners, and just kept getting passed around. Maybe if there's an Adobeite lurking here he or she could either get the wheels in motion with Customer Service to be aware of this, or get a "Thou shalt not request PM Plugins" icon on adobe.com's home page.

    Incidentally, my dealer/supplier was Adobe's online store.

    AG
    Alan_Gold@adobeforums.com Guest

  12. #12

    I have the CS suite premium, and prompted by this thread, called customer service. I immediately got to Judy in customer service (who was very nice, albeit, I didnít like the outcome of the call). A supervisor was brought in only to hear that the offer was valid until April 19th and was then extended to May 19th.
    I am a bit troubled that I didn't receive any notification about this being available until I read the forums. I get emails from Adobe; I register my products; I read all the slips of papers packaged in the box; read the user manual; and ultimately, should know of offers such as this.
    I believe I am a proactive user of Adobe software, but what additional avenues exist where I can obtain this type of information?
    Thanks,
    Stacy
    Stacy_Fontenot_-_NSU@adobeforums.com Guest

  13. #13

    I'm living in Thailand and a quick call to the shop in Bangkok where I bought the creative suite got me nothing but confusion. Has the plugin CD been shipped to resellers worldwide or will it be necessary to obtain it from Adobe USA directly?
    paul_mountjoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  14. #14

    Or should I be going back to my reseller and asking for a swop to the latest edition of the creative suite.
    paul_mountjoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  15. #15

    You should definitely be demanding that your reseller resolve the issue for you. The current version of the suite is what you should have received.

    Adobe has closed the offer to end-users to have a CD shipped to them, but that should not apply to resellers.

    For a more definitive word, you might contact Adobe Customer Service, but in your shoes, I'd lay this on the reseller to resolve.

  16. #16

    Oh, wait, when did you actually purchase the suite. I took your most recent message as an indication that this had only just happened, but now I see your original message, it looks to me that this is actually your problem. I think you're going to have to buy the PM-Plugin Pack.

  17. #17

    Why have Adobe closed the offer? Surely all Premium suite version 1 users should be eligible for an upgrade if Adobe originally offered the Pagemaker plugins CD free. Why only for a limited time and why weren't registered users like myself told that the Pagemaker plugins CD was available. I was never told of their availability and only accidentally found out that I could receive such a disk when I posted my original enquiry to this forum. Now I am being told that the disk is unavailable and I have to buy the Pagemaker plugins disk.

    I am not at all happy with Adobe's level of service.
    paul_mountjoy@adobeforums.com Guest

  18. #18

    You'll need to take this up with Adobe customer service. I'm just a user like you.

  19. #19

    There are not too many companies that I can think of that make open
    ended upgrade offers.

    Bob

    Bob_Levine Guest

  20. #20

    Ok, thanks everyone, I will take this up with customer service and tell you what happens.
    paul_mountjoy@adobeforums.com Guest