Professional Web Applications Themes

NO SOUND ON FLASH GAMES OR ANIMATIONS!!!! - Macromedia Flash Player

THIS WORKED FOR ME !!!! Some software I instaled did the sound on Macromedia doesn't work anymore, so I restored the system to a previous date. If you don't know how to do this, here is a hint: start - run - type : %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe and put the earlier date continued...

  1. #1

    Default Re: NO SOUND ON FLASH GAMES OR ANIMATIONS!!!!

    THIS WORKED FOR ME !!!!

    Some software I instaled did the sound on Macromedia doesn't work anymore, so
    I restored the system to a previous date.

    If you don't know how to do this, here is a hint: start - run - type :
    %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

    and put the earlier date you can. The sound will certainly come back. Hope
    good luck to all of you. Bye!

    octavet Guest

  2. #2

    Just restore your system to a previous date, and the sound will come back.

    Start - Run - type: %SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

    Restore it to the earlier date you can. Good luck
    octavet Guest

  3. #3

    I've been having the same problem. It seems to be some sort of conflict with
    Winamp. I've found that when I shut down Winamp FlashPlayer runs with no
    problems. If Winamp is on then Flash looses audio and animations stop after the
    first few frames.

    I'd like to find a convenient solution. It's a pain to have to use one or the
    other but at least this seems to work for the time being.

    Tydied Guest

  4. #4

    I had this problem for a while and i could hear sound through everything except
    msn messenger and flash player. I then looked through and i found that my
    soundcard driver was not installed. I installed it and and restarted and now
    everything works.
    If you want to see if you soundcard driver is installed, goto Start->Controll
    Panel->Sound and Audio devices. It should say your soundcard that is installed
    at the very top of the first tab. If it says no audio device, then go find the
    right soundcard driver and install. This worked for me, i hope i helped.

    Mouse111 Guest

  5. #5

    I've had the same problem, I found out that when I clicked on the sounds icon
    in control panel (XP) I saw that I didn't have a sound card... But I was able
    to hear windows sounds, and play Media player fine!

    I've uninstalled the drivers for the sound card and reinstalled them... then I
    clicked over a few tabs under sounds and used the drop down menus to select all
    windows related noises to my audio card (Instead of my modem or other crap).
    All of my sound came right back....:)

    TheGreatOlaf Guest

  6. #6

    I had this problem.. got me pretty annoyed.. i have 5.1 speakers and realtek
    ac97 audio.. i could get most sound but not flash..google video.. i tried
    switching from 5.1 to stereo and my sound came back.. not satified i switch
    back to 5.1 and sound gone... well searching through my various options.. i
    discovered my front audio was turned way down... sound still seemed to come out
    the front speakers fine in some apps..but anyway turning it back up solved the
    problem for me..if you double click your volume icon...next to clock.... click
    options.. then properties.. check the volume controls for front speakers..see
    if it is muted.. mine was greyed out like it wouldnt work.. but it did... hope
    it atleast helps one of ya.

    Joulesbeef Guest

  7. #7

    I too have no sound. I am using Linux (Mandriva LE2005) and flash 7.0 r61c.
    Sound works on the rest of my system. Can play CD's. I have tried to change
    every setting I can get to without any result. Flash does not work on multiple
    different sites. I have run out of ideas and would appreciate any help anyone
    can give. Window manager is KDE 3.4 Am using Firefox 1.5. Thanks

    LG244 Guest

  8. #8

    I have the same problem: no sound.

    Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5) with Flash Player plugin (v.7)
    OS: Linux Slackware dist.
    GUI: KDE 3.4

    Any idea?? please, helpp!! :)

    fcrisial Guest

  9. #9

    fcrisial, mine now works, though I do not know for sure what I did. I kept
    playing with Kmix and changing the settings. I did have animations already.
    FWIW, I have Intel82801DB sound integral to the motherboard. The following are
    currently my KMix settings, I have set Master ON, Master mono ON, PCM ON, LFE
    ON, AC97 slider set all the way up; in the Switches section I have Video set
    ON, and IEC98 set ON, everything else off. ALL inputs are set ON. In the KDE
    control Center for Sound, I have sound enabled, Run with Highest priority is
    checked, and Auto-suspend if Idle is checked (after 60 seconds). Those are my
    settings. As I said, I kept playing with the settings and suddenly I had audio,
    but I am not sure which one was the culprit. Good luck.

    LG244 Guest

  10. #10

    the last time i remember, i didn't have any adjustments to my computer. except
    clean out some spyware for my computer. and also i encoded some avi files, with
    dvd2vcd program, and other programs. but these things are unrelated. i see
    nothing wrong, but some how when i play the streamed audios.

    it would just not play. like the song title, and everything would show up, but
    the play button doesn't work.

    1) i already got macromedia stuff installed before this even happened.
    2) nothing is wrong with my soundcard, all my mp3's thats saved on my computer
    is listenable.
    3) nothing is wrong with my IE, mozilla's settings. because i reset it all.
    4) the only problem is buffering files. ex. soundclick, myspace, and etc.
    5) tried to reinstall, update windows, scan virus, and spyware.

    hong2221 Guest

  11. #11

    THANKS! this is EXACTLY WHAT I NEEDED!
    javachip83 Guest

  12. #12

    Same problem here, odd thing is that it has something to do with ac'97
    integrated sound system. when i try to install drivers from windows update i
    lose all sound. My speaker icon also disappeared from lower right corner
    (winxp) and it doesn't show up even when i try to disable/enable it from
    showing in taskbar. I AM SOOOOOO ANNOYED!

    miikku Guest

  13. #13

    I have the same problem,

    i cannot do "system restore" because i have this problem for to long.
    Is there an solution yet for the "no sound in flash" for windows xp/ explorer
    & mozilla with audio live 24-bit? I really need this to work.

    Regards,
    Jack.

    unluckyguy Guest

  14. #14

    Originally posted by: hong2221
    the last time i remember, i didn't have any adjustments to my computer. except
    clean out some spyware for my computer. and also i encoded some avi files, with
    dvd2vcd program, and other programs. but these things are unrelated. i see
    nothing wrong, but some how when i play the streamed audios.

    it would just not play. like the song title, and everything would show up, but
    the play button doesn't work.

    1) i already got macromedia stuff installed before this even happened.
    2) nothing is wrong with my soundcard, all my mp3's thats saved on my computer
    is listenable.
    3) nothing is wrong with my IE, mozilla's settings. because i reset it all.
    4) the only problem is buffering files. ex. soundclick, myspace, and etc.
    5) tried to reinstall, update windows, scan virus, and spyware.

    Exactly the same, plus if I try to enable MIDI device in control panel it
    always reset to "no device" ( blank field)...My opinion is that Spyware Doctor
    cleansed some registry data which affects buffered playback.

    cviko_m Guest

  15. #15

    You people who run "system cleaners" without understanding what it is you are deleting, should not be surprised when your system stops working correctly. It's not Macromedia's fault.

    art_guy Guest

  16. #16

    ^^^
    We never blamed Macromedia. Not everyone should know what we're deleting. But
    this is the best place to discuss how to resolve this problem, because theres
    plenty of people who are dealing with it.

    hong2221 Guest

  17. #17

    I know what i am doing when i am using spyware tools...
    Unfortunately from time to time i have to get rid of the spyware which passes
    through ZA, NOD and Ad-aware. Mostly cookies and nothing related to the
    installed programs. So it must be that some of those nasties changed registry
    in a way to prevent buffered sounds working after i removed them.
    If alternative was not to use Spayware Doctor and leave that s**t on my
    computer i would prefer to be "soundless" then infected...But i still think
    that Macromedia should investigate probable causes to this problem, because
    it's not new and it is quite common problem as far as I can see on the Web.

    cviko_m Guest

  18. #18

    OK i had this problem for like 2 months and FINALLY i solved it

    i first read you had to uninstall GetRight. Did that, but that wasn't the
    solution.

    So i read further, about the 4 speaker settings. Start --> Control Panel -->
    Sounds and Audio Devices --> Speaker Settings --> Advanced. I set the option to
    Stereo Headphones. MP3 was still working, but still no flash sound. Then, I
    came up with something brilliantly (which I hadnt thought of earlier), maybe my
    audio cable is in the wrong soundcard socket. So I put it in the other socket
    --> MP3 still worked, and my Flash sound is back.

    So maybe that is it, the Flash sound is being directed to the wrong outgoing
    socket on your soundcard....

    Hope this works for you...

    brambosjes Guest

  19. #19

    :brokenheart;

    I recently installed SP2 and since then sound in flash hasn't worked.
    Unfortunately I put on so many security updates and the like that I can no
    longer restore to a point before SP2. Uninstalling SP2 doesn't fix the problem
    and none the of the suggestions here fix the problem.

    Someone help!

    Sicadude Guest

  20. #20

    Ive been having the same problem and here is what I did. While a flash is
    playing, right click it and select 'Settings', Under the sound recording
    option, the bar measuring the db of the sound was not moving, so I changed the
    input to a different jack and now the sound will play through my headphones.
    So, that eliminates Macro Flash as the problem, it looks like a hardware
    problem.

    huighilgbil Guest

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast