Professional Web Applications Themes

No sound, video stops playing after few seconds - Macromedia Flash Player

Hey, I have a problem with my Flashplayer. When i watch videos on websites like Youtube of so, sometimes it happens that my Flashplayer doesn't play the sound. The video will play for about two seconds (the whole video is loaded) and than, just stops playing. I can just drag to another part of the video, from which two seconds wil be played again. After i refresh Firefox, the problem usualy is gone. Does anyone else have this problem and more important, who can tell me the solution...?...

  1. #1

    Default No sound, video stops playing after few seconds

    Hey,

    I have a problem with my Flashplayer. When i watch videos on websites like
    Youtube of so, sometimes it happens that my Flashplayer doesn't play the sound.
    The video will play for about two seconds (the whole video is loaded) and than,
    just stops playing. I can just drag to another part of the video, from which
    two seconds wil be played again. After i refresh Firefox, the problem usualy is
    gone. Does anyone else have this problem and more important, who can tell me
    the solution...?

    jjpijpker Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: No sound, video stops playing after few seconds

    Hi jjpijpker,

    Thanks for posting. I?m having the same/similar problem and so are some of
    these folks:

    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=617400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&po
    stsperpage=15&start=0

    http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6384201#6384201

    http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=173889

    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1325732&enterthread=y

    Almost all people mention: 2 seconds, no sound, works for some time after
    Flashplayer uninstalled and re-installed, seems to have started less than two
    month ago, most browsers/operating systems but not usually IE.

    No solution so far for me. Some of my data:

    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

    Card name: RADEON X300 SE 128MB HyperMemory
    Driver Date: 3/29/2005
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6525 (English)

    Maybe an Adobe Senior Member has some suggestions which we could try. This
    might suggest an answer:
    http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=44&catid=18
    4&threadid=1328078&enterthread=y#4819910

    mike95060 Guest

  3. #3

    I found a solution for this problem. The first time it appeared, was after
    installing Realplayer. I thought it was not possible that such a videoplayer
    could be the cause, but apparently it did. Some other people had this problem
    too and it was solved by deinstalling Realplayer. Of course it would be nice to
    find a way to keep them both, but for now, this is a solution. I hope it works
    for you too Mike!

    jjpijpker Guest

  4. #4

    Thanks, jjpijpker.

    I use RealPlayer all the time so I am hoping someone can figure how to make
    Flashplayer work, because I will have to give up using Flashplayer on Firefox
    and keep RealPlayer (even if RealPlayer IS causing Flashplayer to misbehave on
    my computer). I'm glad that at this point I can use Flashplayer on IE.

    mike95060 Guest

  5. #5

    This problem started just the other day for me. I do NOT have real player
    installed (I use Real Alternative).

    Happens in Firefox-- apparently it's ok in IE but I don't try repeated

    Video (youtube, other flash videos) and games will appear to load, status bar
    says "done." VIdeo loads, plays (without sound) for a few seconds, then seizes
    and will play no more. I can drag the scroll bar through the time of the video
    and see images from the rest of the video but it will not play. And there
    remains no sound.

    Closing an instance of Firefox and restarting it will allow me go play one
    youtube video. Then it starts with this trick again.

    XP Pro (current with service packs), 2 Gb memory, nvidia geforce 7300 GT,
    current firefox and current Flash versions (I've removed and reinstalled Flash
    several times but still get the same problem).

    This just started happening a day or so ago, perhaps some Windows XP update
    caused it because I haven't changed Firefox or Flash during the time this began
    to go south.

    Hope this can be fixed quickly, it's rather infuriating.

    woostie Guest

  6. #6

    Hi,
    I wonder whether this is the same cause as with my problem? have invested in
    an expensive online course which uses videos. But if I hit any control - pause,
    back etc, the video will not go beyond that point of intervention. Yesterday I
    had no sooner begun when we suffered a power failure - now that video won't
    play beyond the start. Am I being dumb? Please help

    Steekbaard

    Steekbaard Guest

  7. #7

    We recently rebuilt our home computer and after reinstalling Firefox and Flash
    (using the latest versions from their respective download sites), I also had
    this problem. It used to work before the reinstall so I grabbed the backup
    copy of my old Firefox Plugins folder from before the rebuild and replaced the
    Plugins folder in my current Firefox directory. That seems to have fixed the
    problem. I noticed that the version of Flash in the old plugin folder is
    9.0.28, the current version is 9.0.115. Maybe this will help someone else.

    goof3 Guest

  8. #8

    FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't matter
    which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0.
    and see if that helps. I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer
    9.0.115.0 up there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not
    run right.

    shancan Guest

  9. #9

    [q]Originally posted by: mike95060
    Thanks, jjpijpker.

    I use RealPlayer all the time so I am hoping someone can figure how to make
    Flashplayer work, because I will have to give up using Flashplayer on Firefox
    and keep RealPlayer (even if RealPlayer IS causing Flashplayer to misbehave on
    my computer). I'm glad that at this point I can use Flashplayer on IE.[/q]

    good to hear that its atleast working with IE...

    http://www.home-remedies.info | http://www.bodybuilding4u.com

    Nikhil Guest

  10. #10

    Shancan Wrote: "FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback
    problems; doesn't matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of
    Flashplayer like 9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. "

    Finally an answer that works. Runnin 9.0.47.0 now and it seems to be ok.

    I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the "Archived Flash Players available for
    testing purposes" page:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2

    Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows
    installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now.

    I've chaged settings to keep Flash from updating unless I okay it Change your
    flash settings by means of the following page:

    http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_man
    ager02.html

    Shancan wrote:
    "I don't know why Adobe still has the latest FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up
    there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to choke and not run right."

    Agreed, except it's only cause trouble for me with Firefox, which is about 1/5
    of the market (about a third in Europe), so it seems like it would be
    thoroughly tested in Firefox.

    Anyway thanks ShanCan. I won't upgrade Flash until absolutely necessary unless
    they explicitly say they've fixed this issue.

    Oh, there is probably some security issue with version 9.0.47.0, so use it at
    your own risk.

    woostie Guest

  11. #11

    Thanks for the input Guys. i certainly will try an older version. BUT.. in the
    meanwhil, I contacted the webmaster resposible for publishing the videos and he
    found that he "used a cap F instead of lower case f "in his code. As a result
    him correcting the error, those videos are now working properly

    Steekbaard Guest

  12. #12

    I don't have Realplayer installed, but I experience the same problem in Firefox. Restarting the browser fixes the problem temporary.

    Why is there no official response from Adobe in this thread???
    TheBorg[NL] Guest

  13. #13

    I have the exact same issue and haven't seen the problem addressed anywhere
    else. It only started after I upgraded to the latest version a few days ago.
    I have RealPlayer on the system, but do not use it. WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.11.
    I suppose I'll try downgrading.

    tcolberg Guest

  14. #14

    [q]Originally posted by: tcolberg I have the exact same
    issue and haven't seen the problem addressed anywhere else. It only started
    after I upgraded to the latest version a few days ago. I have RealPlayer on
    the system, but do not use it. WinXP, Firefox 2.0.0.11. I suppose I'll try
    downgrading.[/q] I would deinstall real player first.

    Andy089 Guest

  15. #15

    The same problem. One video, after playing for about 20 secs cuts out and
    redirects to a completely different site. It was suggested that downloading the
    previous version would solve the problem. That link givesa corrupted file
    message so its back to square 1. About a week ago I wrote to Adobe support,
    received an acknowledgement and an assurance that I would have an answer in 24
    hrs - 1 week ago. You are right! DESPITE ALL THE MESSAGES OF COMPLAINT, WHY
    DOES'NT ADOBE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? Steekbaard

    Steekbaard Guest

  16. #16

    Same problem here. Started when last version was installed, a couple weeks ago.
    I use Windows XP Professional, SP2, Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0.5730 and
    Firefox 2.0.0.11. Flash Player fails in both browsers. I don't have Real Player
    installed. Had to reinstall Flash Player to acess Youtube and other sites, but
    troubles started over today. After reinstalling for the second time, Flash
    Player seems to work properly but it will surely fail in the near future.

    Orejano Guest

  17. #17

    This is RIDICULOUS!! Come on Adobe! It's VERY obvious that MANY people are
    having issues with sound / playback w/ Flash Player 9. There is NO sound in
    Firefox (Mac / PC) and playback issues as well. I cannot believe they have not
    put out a fix, or coding suggestions that will fix this problems for the
    numerous content providers that post .flv files? I CANNOT play content on CNN,
    Comedy Central, You Tube and for ALL the resources Adobe has, there is not a
    *fix* alert sent out to those who they KNOW are content managers? We've
    started instructing our content viewers to UNINSTALL Flash Player 9 and
    reinstall 8! C'MON PEOPLE!

    PeaceNic Guest

  18. #18

    [q]Originally posted by: woostie Shancan Wrote:
    'FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 is causing all sorts of playback problems; doesn't
    matter which browser or platform. Try an earlier version of Flashplayer like
    9.0.47.0. and see if that helps. ' Finally an answer that works. Runnin
    9.0.47.0 now and it seems to be ok. I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the
    'Archived Flash Players available for testing purposes' page:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2
    Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows
    installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now. I've chaged settings to keep
    Flash from updating unless I okay it Change your flash settings by means of
    the following page:
    http://www.macromedia.com/support/doentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_man
    ager02.html Shancan wrote: 'I don't know why Adobe still has the latest
    FlashPlayer 9.0.115.0 up there...it's like Free Gas that causes your car to
    choke and not run right.' Agreed, except it's only cause trouble for me with
    Firefox, which is about 1/5 of the market (about a third in Europe), so it
    seems like it would be thoroughly tested in Firefox. Anyway thanks ShanCan. I
    won't upgrade Flash until absolutely necessary unless they explicitly say
    they've fixed this issue. Oh, there is probably some security issue with
    version 9.0.47.0, so use it at your own risk.[/q]

    mike073048 Guest

  19. #19

    I got the version 9.0.47.0 at the 'Archived Flash Players available for testing
    purposes' page:
    http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_14266&sliceId=2
    Extracted the .47 version and (after uninstalling all flash) ran the windows
    installer. Seems to work fine in Firefox now. I tried to install version
    9.0.47.0 from the 'Archived Flash Players available for testing purposes' but
    it wouldn't let me because there was a new version available, how were you able
    to install that version?

    mike073048 Guest

  20. #20

    This should fix the problem:
    I have had the same problem for the past few weeks. It seems to have started
    when firefox updated itself. I tried the troubleshooting instructions on the
    adobe web site but had no success. I then tried mozilla's troubleshooting
    instructions which led me to the folder: C:\Program Files\Mozilla
    Firefox\plugins. I noticed that the dll for flash player(WPSWF32.dll) was not
    in this folder. I did a search and found the file in
    C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash. I copied and pasted the dll to the
    "plugins" folder and my problem was fixed.

    mazzolar Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast