Professional Web Applications Themes

No Touch Deployment and Web Services. - ASP.NET Web Services

No Touch Deployment and Web Services. My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts, development server, test server and production server and i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop on which server to access webservice from, like this: C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe [url]http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy[/url] the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run webservice on. PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference properties but i cant find a way to programatically change the settings in application.config file. Thanks in advance!...

  1. #1

    Default No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

    No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

    My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
    development server, test server and production server and
    i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop on
    which server to access webservice from, like this:

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
    [url]http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy[/url]

    the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
    webservice on.

    PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
    properties but i cant find a way to programatically change
    the settings in application.config file.

    Thanks in advance!
    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

    what about having like three separate config files? Depending on something
    in the shortcut, you load the correct config file that points to the right
    web service??

    Michael
    "Mats-Erik Grundh" <classeClasseabc.se> wrote in message
    > No Touch Deployment and Web Services.
    >
    > My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
    > development server, test server and production server and
    > i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop on
    > which server to access webservice from, like this:
    >
    > C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
    > [url]http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy[/url]
    >
    > the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
    > webservice on.
    >
    > PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
    > properties but i cant find a way to programatically change
    > the settings in application.config file.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    ---

    Michael Pearson Guest

  3. #3

    Is it possible to have three separate app.config files and
    then load then when you use No Touch Deployment?

    9/18/2003

    >.

    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  4. #4

    No Touch Deployment and Web Services.

    How do you programatically configure wich server to
    access?

    My environment:
    - Locahost.
    - Test server.
    - Production server.

    My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
    development server, test server and production server and
    i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop, or
    som other way, on

  7. #7

    On your client application use the url property of the generated proxy,
    like:

    public class Math : System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtoc ol
    ..... (Generated by Reference import)

    your app:

    Math m=new Math();
    m.Url="your url here"

    m.YourRemoteMethod();

    best regards
    ricardo

    "Mats-Erik Grundh" <nospamco.se> wrote in message
    > No Touch Deployment and Web Services.
    >
    > How do you programatically configure wich server to
    > access?
    >
    > My environment:
    > - Locahost.
    > - Test server.
    > - Production server.
    >
    > My problem is that same webservice deploys on localhosts,
    > development server, test server and production server and
    > i want to control from the shortcut on the desktop, or
    > som other way, on
    > which server to access webservice from, like this:
    >
    > C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec. exe
    > [url]http://ozzy/conet/client/bin/co.win.exe?server=ozzy[/url]
    >
    > the parameter server=ozzy tells which server to run
    > webservice on.
    >
    > PS:I've tested the option dynamic on web reference
    > properties but i cant find a way to programatically
    > change
    > the settings in application.config file.
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    Ricardo Pereira Guest

  9. #9

    I don't think it's a possible solution beacause we have a
    huge application with many calls to different webservices
    (on same server) and i'ts not reliable to use the URL
    property in your code if the developer forgot to write the
    url before the call.

    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  10. #10

    You may modify the config file before call the web service, for example:

    Dim doc As New XmlDoent

    doc.Load("WindowsApplication2.exe.config")

    Dim n As XmlNode

    n =
    doc.DoentElement.SelectSingleNode("/configuration/appSettings/add[key='W
    indowsApplication2.localhost.Service1'] ")

    n.Attributes(1).InnerXml =
    "http://AppServer/WebService1/Service1.asmx"

    doc.Save("WindowsApplication2.exe.config")

    doc = Nothing

    Dim o As New localhost.Service1

    MsgBox(o.GetString)

    This will change the web service's url dynamically.

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! [url]www.microsoft.com/security[/url]
    rights.)

    台灣微軟技術處支援部 Guest

  12. #12

    Hi Mats-Erik,

    Thanks for posting to the Microsoft Public Newsgroups. I have reviewed
    your issue and though I have been told that what you are wanting to do is
    not possible, I am working on getting a more definitive answer and
    explanation as to "why" its not possible. Thank you for your continued
    patience.

    Brett Keown
    Microsoft Support
    [email]brettkeonline.microsoft.com[/email]

    Brett Keown [MSFT] Guest

  13. #13

    If you want to connect back to the server you came from,
    you can use the
    AppDomain.CurrentDomain.SetupInformation.Applicati onBase
    property. In your example, this would be
    [url]http://ozzy/conet/client/bin[/url] ; you can use the Uri class
    to easily extract out the server name.

    As Brett mentioned, I'm not aware of any way to pass
    actual params to IEExec. The method above may be all you
    need though?

    Aaron Meyers
    ActiveViews, Inc.

    Aaron Meyers Guest

  14. #14

    It's ok to use same server (ApplicationBase) to connect
    you webservices. But the question is how do i address the
    webservice calls to that server? I dont want to use the
    url property.

    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  15. #15

    Thanks, but how do i get access to the app.config file
    when i use "No Touch Deployment" like:

    ...\Framework\v1.1.4322\IEExec.exe [url]http://server/my.app.exe[/url]

    /Mats-Erik

    and confers no
    >rights.)
    >
    >.

    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  16. #16

    Hello,

    If my suggestion is not clear or you didn't think it can resolve the
    problem, please post your comments here. I will continue to follow up on
    this issue.

    Thanks,

    Luke
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! [url]www.microsoft.com/security[/url]
    rights.)

    MSFT Guest

  17. #17

    "MSFT" <lukezhanonline.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > If my suggestion is not clear or you didn't think it can resolve the
    > problem, please post your comments here. I will continue to follow up on
    > this issue.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Luke
    > Microsoft Online Support
    >
    > Get Secure! [url]www.microsoft.com/security[/url]
    > rights.)

    Mats-Erik Grundh Guest

  18. #18

    Then you may try to set the web service's url property, for example:

    Dim o As New Server1.Service1

    o.Url = "http://Server2/WebService1/Service1.asmx"

  20. #20

    > Then you may try to set the web service's url property, for example:
    >
    > Dim o As New Server1.Service1
    >
    > o.Url = "http://Server2/WebService1/Service1.asmx"
    >
    > MsgBox(o.GetString)
    >
    > Luke