Professional Web Applications Themes

Nomad Jukebox Zen (60gb) *vs* Apple iPod (40gb) - Mac Portable

Which would you rather have and why? - [url]http://www.apple.com/ipod/[/url] [url]http://www.nomadworld.com[/url]...

  1. #1

    Default Nomad Jukebox Zen (60gb) *vs* Apple iPod (40gb)

    Which would you rather have and why?

    -
    [url]http://www.apple.com/ipod/[/url]
    [url]http://www.nomadworld.com[/url]

    fghfgh Guest

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nomad Jukebox Zen (60gb) *vs* Apple iPod (40gb)

    In article <bjjbrg01e0kdrn.newsguy.com>,
    fghfgh <fghfgh_membernewsguy.com> wrote:
    > Which would you rather have and why?
    >
    > -
    > [url]http://www.apple.com/ipod/[/url]
    > [url]http://www.nomadworld.com[/url]
    iPod.

    Size, weight and UI.
    Brian Lewis Guest

  3. #3

    On 8 Sep 2003 18:53:52 -0700,
    fghfgh (fghfgh_membernewsguy.com) wrote:
    > Which would you rather have and why?
    >
    > -
    > [url]http://www.apple.com/ipod/[/url]
    > [url]http://www.nomadworld.com[/url]
    To the best of my knowledge, the Nomad Jukebox Zen is not
    Macintosh compatible. If I were purchasing a portable mp3 player,
    it would have to be Macintosh compatible. That obviously rules
    the Zen out.

    Beverly
    --
    Bev A. Kupf
    Bev A. Kupf Guest

  4. #4

    fghfgh:
    > Which would you rather have and why?
    *****

    I have an iPod. I don't buy off-brand goods.

    Davoud

    --
    usenet *at* davidillig dawt com
    Davoud Guest

  5. #5

    fghfgh <fghfgh_membernewsguy.com> wrote:
    >Which would you rather have and why?
    I *really* wish Archos made a FireWire Jukebox. I have an Archos
    Jukebox 6000 and I love it. Files are transferred by drag and drop,
    and iTunes or some other kind of transfer software is not needed. The
    only drawback is the USB 1.1 (ssslllloooowwww) transfer speed, which
    can take forever if filling up the 6 GB player.

    The iTunes transfer, as opposed to drag and drop, and the lack of a
    separate "line out" jack are drawbacks for the iPod, in my opinion. I
    still have cassette players in my car and truck, and use a cassette
    adapter with the line out jack of the Jukebox 6000 to play MP3s in the
    vehicle.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    [url]http://www.millenniumhwy.net[/url] hbelkins(at)mis.net

    "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

    Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

    Vote Ernie Fletcher for Governor of Kentucky! [url]http://www.fletcher2003.com[/url]

    To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Elkins Guest

  6. #6

    In article <3f5de643.2268246news.newsguy.com>, H.B. Elkins
    <hbelkinsrestrictorplates.mis.net> wrote:
    > The iTunes transfer, as opposed to drag and drop, and the lack of a
    > separate "line out" jack are drawbacks for the iPod, in my opinion. I
    > still have cassette players in my car and truck, and use a cassette
    > adapter with the line out jack of the Jukebox 6000 to play MP3s in the
    > vehicle.
    Can't you just use an adaptor to hook the adapter to the headphone jack
    on the ipod?

    --
    Chris Mack "Refugee, total . That's how I've always seen us.
    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS

  7. #7

    In article <3f5de643.2268246news.newsguy.com>, H.B. Elkins
    <hbelkinsrestrictorplates.mis.net> wrote:
    > I *really* wish Archos made a FireWire Jukebox. I have an Archos
    > Jukebox 6000 and I love it. Files are transferred by drag and drop,
    > and iTunes or some other kind of transfer software is not needed. The
    > only drawback is the USB 1.1 (ssslllloooowwww) transfer speed, which
    > can take forever if filling up the 6 GB player.
    I've had problems with file transfers to my Jukebox Recorder 6000
    hanging my system and forcing me to do a power off on my Mac. Are you
    using the RockBox replacement firmware? Perhaps I should try replacing
    that with the latest Archos firmware before the next time I try a
    transfer.

    --
    Mark Davis
    San Angelo, TX

  8. #8

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 18:42:27 -0400, Invid Fan <invidlocalnet.com>
    wrote:
    >In article <3f5de643.2268246news.newsguy.com>, H.B. Elkins
    ><hbelkinsrestrictorplates.mis.net> wrote:
    >
    >> The iTunes transfer, as opposed to drag and drop, and the lack of a
    >> separate "line out" jack are drawbacks for the iPod, in my opinion. I
    >> still have cassette players in my car and truck, and use a cassette
    >> adapter with the line out jack of the Jukebox 6000 to play MP3s in the
    >> vehicle.
    >
    >Can't you just use an adaptor to hook the adapter to the headphone jack
    >on the ipod?
    Yup. I use a Sony cassette adapter left from when I used to bring my
    MD player in the car, and it works just fine with the headphone jack
    on my G2 10Gb pod.

    It's simple to use, it's elegant, it's built solidly. I've had mine
    about a week now, and I'm wondering what took so long...

    BTW, great sig file. Not too many people recognize lines from
    "Chess".....

    Paul
    Paul Braun Guest

  9. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    H.B. Elkins Guest
    Moderated Post

  10. #10

    Mark Davis <nothome.now> wrote:
    >I've had problems with file transfers to my Jukebox Recorder 6000
    >hanging my system and forcing me to do a power off on my Mac. Are you
    >using the RockBox replacement firmware? Perhaps I should try replacing
    >that with the latest Archos firmware before the next time I try a
    >transfer.
    Mine's not the recorder version; just the original Jukebox 6000. I'm
    using the most recent Archos firmware I could find on their Web site a
    few months ago; I haven't recently checked.

    One workaround might be to transfer your songs in small quantities. Do
    a folder (album) at a time instead of the whole thing at once. It
    requires you to manually do each one, but it may prevent hanging the
    system with one huge data dump across the USB 1.1 port.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    H.B. Elkins -- Beattyville, KY
    [url]http://www.millenniumhwy.net[/url] hbelkins(at)mis.net

    "There's no doubt he's the best race driver in the world."
    --Dale Jarrett, on the late Dale Earnhardt

    Go Big Blue (Kentucky Wildcats)! Go #15 (Michael Waltrip, NAPA Chevy)!

    Vote Ernie Fletcher for Governor of Kentucky! [url]http://www.fletcher2003.com[/url]

    To reply, just remove the restrictorplates...
    H.B. Elkins Guest

  11. Moderated Post

    Removed by Administrator
    Paul Hoppe Guest